Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Jo Nova

Where have all the cyclones gone? Global Hurricanes quietest in last 30 years​

Children won’t know what a cyclone is​

June 3, 2022

Excerpt:

Hurricane activity, after human emissions and CO2 levels reach highest ever recorded, is now close to lowest ever recorded.

Based on a trend starting in 2019 major hurricanes may disappear entirely by 2035. What if Net Zero means “no cyclones”?

LINK

As long as the polar jets are playing hell with the equatorial circulations there will be very few Cyclonic formations. Windshear has a nasty habit of tearing them apart before they can form. The sea surface is also 3 deg C cooler now. This reduces the amount of water vapor being pushed into the atmosphere.

Its basic fluid dynamics in our atmosphere... No fuel from the ocean and no heat from our sun. Add that the cooling planet is making the polar jets stronger, and you have windshear... They are blown out before they can form or if they do form, they are very weak.

Last edited:
Jo Nova

Where have all the cyclones gone? Global Hurricanes quietest in last 30 years​

Children won’t know what a cyclone is​

June 3, 2022

Excerpt:

Hurricane activity, after human emissions and CO2 levels reach highest ever recorded, is now close to lowest ever recorded.

Based on a trend starting in 2019 major hurricanes may disappear entirely by 2035. What if Net Zero means “no cyclones”?

LINK

Global Climate Change doncha know?

I had heard that they are actually projecting a 'busier' than normal season. I'm just going to sit back and see.

When it comes to this kind of phenomenon, anyone who says they can predict the severity and number of Hurricanes is just one brain cell ahead of being incarcerated.

I had heard that they are actually projecting a 'busier' than normal season. I'm just going to sit back and see.

When it comes to this kind of phenomenon, anyone who says they can predict the severity and number of Hurricanes is just one brain cell ahead of being incarcerated.

In the Atlantic yes, the rest of the world?

Miami didn't have shit from around 1970 until 1992. Then the fun began with Andrew in 1992, 6-8 followed.
They're about due for another party...sooner or later ? Only Algore knows

Forum List

Back