Where the hell is NATO on North Korea?

Strange. I didn't see any mention of 'world region' as a requirement in Article V.

Have we been attacked by NK?
No.

That is not what I was replying to.

It doesn't matter if N. Korea is NOT in Europe. We are part of NATO and Article V has no geographic component in it.

Again, what does Article 5 require them to do anything before we are attacked?

Answer your own question.
Again, I was NOT addressing that issue.

Now, you claim you're intelligent, but I have yet to see any proof of it.

We are a member of NATO. In the NATO treaty, Article V says that if one country is attacked, the others are obligated to aid them.

Care to show Me where, anywhere in the treaty, that geographic location of the member who is attacked matter?

So, when you say, NATO is not in the N. Pacific, you, and the others, are just being fucking morons. There IS NO REQUIREMENT for the nation that was attacked to be attacked in the Atlantic, or Europe, or the N. America. NATO is obligated to come to our aid if and when N. Korea attacks us.
Who in NATO has been attacked?

We were attacked, in effect, by Afghanistan as they harbored, protected and refused to hand over Bin Laden.

[
Don't question my service you fucking puke piece of shit. Just enjoy the freedoms I defended for you.

Did you fight in WWII? That is the only war that America was involved in the last 70 years where it was defending its citizen's freedoms. EVERY other war since has been about defending its sphere of influence.
That sphere = security and freedom.
Ah yes...dominoes.....now Communist governments are everywhere...lol

It's too bad you couldn't have told that to JFK and LBJ years ago.

Strange. I didn't see any mention of 'world region' as a requirement in Article V.

No.

It doesn't matter if N. Korea is NOT in Europe. We are part of NATO and Article V has no geographic component in it.

We are a member of NATO. In the NATO treaty, Article V says that if one country is attacked, the others are obligated to aid them.

Care to show Me where, anywhere in the treaty, that geographic location of the member who is attacked matter?

So, when you say, NATO is not in the N. Pacific, you, and the others, are just being fucking morons. There IS NO REQUIREMENT for the nation that was attacked to be attacked in the Atlantic, or Europe, or the N. America. NATO is obligated to come to our aid if and when N. Korea attacks us.
Yep, you are too stupid to follow a simple conversation. Goodbye.

[
Don't question my service you fucking puke piece of shit. Just enjoy the freedoms I defended for you.

Did you fight in WWII? That is the only war that America was involved in the last 70 years where it was defending its citizen's freedoms. EVERY other war since has been about defending its sphere of influence.

Did we go into Afghanistan to protect Americans?

We were attacked, in effect, by Afghanistan as they harbored, protected and refused to hand over Bin Laden.

Afghanistan wasn't a country. It was a quagmire with warlords running different areas. And how well did that turn out for you? Attacking Afghanistan. You're still paying for it today.

its the NORTH PACIFIC not the N.Atlantic......

No.

Show me where I said otherwise. NATO is not required to rattle sabers by the treaty. That was my point.

its the NORTH PACIFIC not the N.Atlantic......

Yea, I know, but that shouldn't matter.

Yea, it does!

EOS.

I will tell you this. North Korea could nuke Seoul and Tokyo and Europe, with the possible exception of Britain, would do NOTHING. They'd pay lip service and then go on with their lives. Anyone who thinks the Europeans would send anyone to protect you or me or anyone anywhere else in the world is a naive FOOL. Hell, they couldn't even handle the crisis in Bosnia.

No.

Show me where I said otherwise. NATO is not required to rattle sabers by the treaty. That was my point.
Of which I was not addressing. In fact, I was addressing one specific item from a poster who seem to think that just because NATO was not in the N. Pacific, they had zero obligation to whatever happens in the Pacific. That simply is not true.

No.

Of which I was not addressing. In fact, I was addressing one specific item from a poster who seem to think that just because NATO was not in the N. Pacific, they had zero obligation to whatever happens in the Pacific. That simply is not true.

OK asshole. Show me where I said anything of the sort!

You can't! I was addressing another poster's comments.

Maybe you should seek help with keeping the thread straight. I never disagreed with you once and here you are about 5 posts into busting my ass for something you misread.

You are obviously not among those at risk of being killed in a confrontation, Bush!
Wore the uniform and fought in combat. Every generation must make it's sacrifice.
I.dont.believe.you.
I.dont.believe.you. you.are.Stolen.Valor. a.bloodthirsty.caracature.
Your an idiot. You attack my military service because your argument is weak.

He's a libtard. He hates America and he hates the military.

No.

Yep, you are too stupid to follow a simple conversation. Goodbye.

He's definitely a fucking moron.

Afghanistan wasn't a country. It was a quagmire with warlords running different areas. And how well did that turn out for you? Attacking Afghanistan. You're still paying for it today.

I guess you've never heard of the Taliban. I'm obviously talking to a moron.

I will tell you this. North Korea could nuke Seoul and Tokyo and Europe, with the possible exception of Britain, would do NOTHING. They'd pay lip service and then go on with their lives. Anyone who thinks the Europeans would send anyone to protect you or me or anyone anywhere else in the world is a naive FOOL. Hell, they couldn't even handle the crisis in Bosnia.

NATO followed us into afghanistan, because we were attacked on 9-11.

NATO covers it's members, not the entire world.

Their support was at a minimum. NATO is worthless.

Their support was at a minimum. NATO is worthless.

The number of Nato forces peaked at about 140,000 in 2011, but decreased in subsequent years as Nato countries wound down combat operations, handing over control to local security forces. Countries with troops still in Afghanistan include theUS, Georgia, Germany, Turkey, Romania, Italy, the UK and Australia.

Forum List

Back