Which series was shut down too soon in your opinion?

It would be nice if they continued with "Hogan's Heroes". "Hogan's Heroes -2. Forgotten Stalag"
The original lasted 6 seasons, longer than the war lasted, so you could make a sequel for 10 seasons, about a stalag, somewhere in the wilds of Germany, not knowing that the war is over and continuing to work. :stir:

"Goodnight Sweetheart" British sitcom from the 1990s.
They did one extra episode in 2016. but they should have kept it going as long as all the original actors were still alive and not too old.

And of course "Black Books" (2000-2004) !

Last edited:
Blue Bloods is in its 14th and final season now. I am kind of torn about this. Fourteen years is a pretty good run and I would love to see it continue, but you also have actors in Tom Selleck and Len Cariou well in their 70s so there's that.

This series was scary as hell... The CBS executives that cancelled it should get the death penalty.

51ILsND6llL._SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Police Squad!

I definitely have to agree, there.

They only made six episodes, half an hour each. Every one of them packed with brilliance.

Leslie Nielson had had a very long, unremarkable career as a serious actor, before Airplane! (1980) broke him out as a great comedic actor. Police Squad! followed almost immediately after that. Of course, the Naked Gun movies followed after that, but I don't think they quite matched the brilliance of Police Squad!.

One series that I just don't like where they left it off was 24.

It seems to me that they need to make at least one more season. It doesn't even have to have Jack Bauer as the main character, but there needs to be a subplot where Jack is brought home, and allowed a very well-deserved, safe, peaceful retirement, to spend the rest of his life enjoying the company of his daughter and his grandchildren.

Forum List

Back