Which Side Are You On?

Sounds slightly circular.

"I like to say I'm more conservative than Goldwater. He just wanted to turn the clock back to when there was no income tax. I want to turn the clock back to when people lived in small villages and took care of each other." -- Pete Seeger"

Pete or Barry?

Which Side Are You On? New Language for a New Political Reality | Common Dreams
Fail...once again you post the words of another person instead of your own.
Who cares what Pete fucking Seeger thinks or thought during a moment of drug induced euphoria.
Your ignorance is impressive, even by conservative standards.

"In 1982 Seeger performed at a benefit concert for Poland's Solidarity resistance movement. His biographer David Dunaway considers this the first public manifestation of Seeger's decades-long personal dislike of communism in its Soviet form.[56]

"In the late 1980s Seeger also expressed disapproval of violent revolutions, remarking to an interviewer that he was really in favor of incremental change and that 'the most lasting revolutions are those that take place over a period of time.'[56] In his autobiography Where Have All the Flowers Gone (1993 and 1997 reissued in 2009), Seeger wrote, 'Should I apologize for all this? I think so...'"

Pete Seeger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any thoughts on Gandhi?
Again, who cares what some stupid entertainer has to say.
What about Ghandi?..Ghandi was a revolutionary. He furthered the notion of non-violent change. I'm sure Ghandi's place in history is on a much higher pedastal than ....what's that guy's name?

Are you enlightened enough to realize the "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican does absolutely nothing to diminish Wall Street's control over your life?

Wall Street has very little control over my life. I'm far more concerned about the hoards of Democrat tics sucking all the money out of my paycheck. They have an impact I can see every time I look at my pay stub, every time I buy something, and every time I receive my cell phone bill.

"In 1982 Seeger performed at a benefit concert for Poland's Solidarity resistance movement. His biographer David Dunaway considers this the first public manifestation of Seeger's decades-long personal dislike of communism in its Soviet form.[56]

"In the late 1980s Seeger also expressed disapproval of violent revolutions, remarking to an interviewer that he was really in favor of incremental change and that 'the most lasting revolutions are those that take place over a period of time.'[56] In his autobiography Where Have All the Flowers Gone (1993 and 1997 reissued in 2009), Seeger wrote, 'Should I apologize for all this? I think so...'"

"In its Soviet Form?" Pete Seeger was a member of the America Communist Party which took orders directly from Joseph Stalin!
Here's Pete's apology:

"How could Hitler have been stopped? Litvinov, the Soviet delegate to the League of Nations in '36, proposed a worldwide quarantine but got no takers. For more on those times check out pacifist Dave Dellinger's book, From Yale to Jail....[57] At any rate, today I'll apologize for a number of things, such as thinking that Stalin was merely a 'hard driver' and not a supremely cruel misleader.'

"I guess anyone who calls himself a Christian should be prepared to apologize for the Inquisition, the burning of heretics by Protestants, the slaughter of Jews and Muslims by Crusaders.

"White people in the U.S.A ought to apologize for stealing land from Native Americans and enslaving blacks. Europeans could apologize for worldwide conquests, Mongolians for Genghis Khan.

"And supporters of Roosevelt could apologize for his support of Somoza, of Southern White Democrats, of Franco Spain, for putting Japanese Americans in concentration camps.

"Who should my granddaughter Moraya apologize to? She's part African, part European, part Chinese, part Japanese, part Native American. Let's look ahead.[58][59]

Where's yours?

You will now and forever post ONLY YOUR OWN WORDS.
You have never posted an idea of your own.
Man up or shut up.

What percentage of their fortunes will they spend to ensure their privileges continue?

There will certainly be no shortage of taxpayer-trained killers waiting to accept their money.

Sounds like a really good movie or a reality where the living will envy the dead.

So you think the rich are hiring assassins to knock off leftwing politicians?

Do you hear the music from the Outer Limits playing in your head?
Do you think the murders of JFK, RFK and MLK were coincidental?

Are you hearing "Hail to the Chief" in between therapy sessions?

Fail...once again you post the words of another person instead of your own.
Who cares what Pete fucking Seeger thinks or thought during a moment of drug induced euphoria.

Any thoughts on Gandhi?
Again, who cares what some stupid entertainer has to say.
What about Ghandi?..Ghandi was a revolutionary. He furthered the notion of non-violent change. I'm sure Ghandi's place in history is on a much higher pedastal than ....what's that guy's name?
Dick Cheney?

Are you enlightened enough to realize the "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican does absolutely nothing to diminish Wall Street's control over your life?

Wall Street has very little control over my life. I'm far more concerned about the hoards of Democrat tics sucking all the money out of my paycheck. They have an impact I can see every time I look at my pay stub, every time I buy something, and every time I receive my cell phone bill.
I guess you slept through the $13 trillion wealth transfer that nearly doubled the richest 5% of Americans "fair" share of returns to wealth in less than one generation?

'Think Wall Street had much to do with that?

Don't worry too much about that cell phone.

You won't be able to afford one much longer.

Slave.

I don't believe in lengthy tax bills and tax loopholes. All I know is that government needs some revenue and that is created through taxation.

Where is the best place to levy that tax? One place is consumption. It is so much better than taxing savings and investment, which this country is short on.

That doesn't explain how a "progressive" consumption tax could be devised. The main reason for passing the income tax was the fact that it's virtually impossible to soak the rich through consumption taxes.

I don't believe in lengthy tax bills and tax loopholes. All I know is that government needs some revenue and that is created through taxation.

Where is the best place to levy that tax? One place is consumption. It is so much better than taxing savings and investment, which this country is short on.

That doesn't explain how a "progressive" consumption tax could be devised. The main reason for passing the income tax was the fact that it's virtually impossible to soak the rich through consumption taxes.

No, the income tax was passed via the warmongering by Lincoln in order to rehabilitate the South.

Again, you show yourself to be so far removed from reality.

Plus, devising the progressive consumption tax s not a worry to me. However, I simply believe that taxing consumption rather than savings and investment is the better policy. However, some reich wing nuts disagree with this simple philosophy. All they want is government favoritism and nepotism.

Last edited:
Anybody remember Archie and Edith?

"Everybody pulled his weight.
Didn't need no welfare state...
Those were the days!"

Archie Bunker, protagonist of the popular 1970s TV sitcom "All in the Family" and today's Tea Party movement seem to share a misconception of just how "conservative" the 1930s, 40s and 50s actually were.

Were those decades a time when hard-working Americans pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps?

"It's true that Americans worked hard during these years.

"But the bootstraps stuff is nonsense.

"The 30s through 50s were the time of the New Deal, low-cost loans from the Federal Housing Administration, the GI Bill, huge subsidies for defense contractors during the Cold War and other industries that employed millions of people, massive transfer of funding from cities to the burgeoning suburbs, federal projects like interstate highway construction and the space program, generous investment in public schools, record union membership, high tax rates for corporations and the wealthy, good job benefits, and Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, which ensured financial stability in old age and medical crises...

"On the evidence of history, calling today's Republican Party and their Tea Party supporters 'conservative' is as absurd as calling supporters of civil rights and racial justice 'reactionary' because they invoke the values of the Reconstruction Era."

It is indeed a sad state of affairs when the liberal ideology, specifically progressivism, can create such a Nanny State that a 350 pound man can claim to be an "adult baby" while living off the sweat and tears of hardworking Americans.

s-ADULT-BABY-large300.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/273415/thumbs/s-ADULT-BABY-large300.jpg

Of course, his bottle-wielding "nurse" is also receiving benefits off the backs of hard working American taxpayers.

It is remarkable that liberals think they have somehow created a better society with their desire to force people to become exclusively dependent on the hard working taxpayers of this nation.

I believe that many liberals tend to forget that the government PRODUCES nothing. (Remember the woman wanting some of the Obama Stash?)

Liberal leaders simply take from producers and pass it along. There are now more takers than givers in our society. It is why our founders warned against a "Democracy" as opposed to a Republic. People will always vote to get their hands on the treasury.

As to your point regarding education funding, which you felt important enough to bold in your OP:

usgs_line.php
Government collects taxes that produce infrastructure like schools, for example, that make it possible for "producers" to hire an educated workforce. Would you like to try running an oil company without courts, roads and the 5th Fleet?

Our Founders warned against Democracy for the same reason they endorsed or tolerated chattel slavery: People will vote to get their hands on the treasury because it's THEIR MONEY.

Not Government Sachs's where most of the current "takers" reside.

If (when) the US economy deteriorates to such an extent that as many Americans are paying attention to politics in the same way we did during the week after 911, that's when I expect the state to begin actively interfering with cyberspace.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any possibility of winning the class war without more people paying attention.
So is it safe to say you are indeed waging "class warfare".....
Shame on you for being the jealous type. The person who envies then expects to get a piece of what others have without so much as lifting a finger to go out and earn it on your own.
Typical lib "gimme" mentality. You people are thugs, takers and non -producers.

You and I were born into a state of class war.
It started with the Fall of Man and there's no reason to think it will ever end.
Of course I'm fighting back.
Why aren't you?

btw, just because you're indifferent or uninterested in this dialectic, doesn't mean this dialectic is uninterested in you (and your descendants)

Anybody remember Archie and Edith?

"Everybody pulled his weight.
Didn't need no welfare state...
Those were the days!"

Archie Bunker, protagonist of the popular 1970s TV sitcom "All in the Family" and today's Tea Party movement seem to share a misconception of just how "conservative" the 1930s, 40s and 50s actually were.

Were those decades a time when hard-working Americans pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps?

"It's true that Americans worked hard during these years.

"But the bootstraps stuff is nonsense.

"The 30s through 50s were the time of the New Deal, low-cost loans from the Federal Housing Administration, the GI Bill, huge subsidies for defense contractors during the Cold War and other industries that employed millions of people, massive transfer of funding from cities to the burgeoning suburbs, federal projects like interstate highway construction and the space program, generous investment in public schools, record union membership, high tax rates for corporations and the wealthy, good job benefits, and Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, which ensured financial stability in old age and medical crises...

"On the evidence of history, calling today's Republican Party and their Tea Party supporters 'conservative' is as absurd as calling supporters of civil rights and racial justice 'reactionary' because they invoke the values of the Reconstruction Era."

There is a profound difference between giving a person a Hand up from a Hand out. Nobody has a problem giving a person a hand up there is however a problem giving them a hand out.
In the struggle between Corporate America vs. We the People, which side are you on?
Well lets see. Considering my Retirement is invested in Many of those Evil Cooperation's I think you can guess my side.

God they are so evil, I mean employing Millions, Publicly owned, good god lets destroy them. Who needs cooperation's right. We can all just love each other and live on communes. :cuckoo:

The age old conundrum - nothing can protect against men without principle, morals or conscience whose primary motivation is self-serving.
I can't help wondering what would happen if the US started filling its prisons with the richest 1% of its population?

How would Wall Street react if the first conviction for securities or control fraud resulted in 25 to life, i.e., meaning convicts would serve 25 years BEFORE their first parole hearing?

Many (most?) of those :men without principles" were born believing they are above man's laws.

They need to be disabused of that notion for this country to become free.

Great Gaea, you're eaten alive with envy.
Because I believe freedom stems from no one being above the law?

Can you explain where envy fits in?

There is a profound difference between giving a person a Hand up from a Hand out. Nobody has a problem giving a person a hand up there is however a problem giving them a hand out.
In the struggle between Corporate America vs. We the People, which side are you on?
Well lets see. Considering my Retirement is invested in Many of those Evil Cooperation's I think you can guess my side.

God they are so evil, I mean employing Millions, Publicly owned, good god lets destroy them. Who needs cooperation's right. We can all just love each other and live on communes. :cuckoo:

Corporations are not natural people, unless you are hard reich wing kook. Then you dishonestly throw out that fact that many corporate powers are derived from the government, all while preaching about free market ideologies.

You people are fucked up.

Because I believe freedom stems from no one being above the law?

Can you explain where envy fits in?

Which law do you believe corporations are flouting?

One thing we know: Obama routinely flouts the Constitution.

Why aren't you whining about him?

Corporations are not natural people, unless you are hard reich wing kook. Then you dishonestly throw out that fact that many corporate powers are derived from the government, all while preaching about free market ideologies.

You people are fucked up.

What ever you say there Wingnut.

Most Cooperation's are literally owned by Millions of people who own their Shares. They all benefit when the cooperation does well. They also employ millions of people, and provide essential Services. Many of them allow the share holders in say in things like who runs the company, and even what the company does at times. Most Cooperation's, Like Energy Companies, Pharmaceuticals, even the auto industry. Literally spend Billions on researching and developing some of the most amazing advances we make.

I just do not see what is so evil about them.

What is your alternative to the way things are now? Government ownership? Some form of communism? What?

Elaborate.

Last edited:
What is your alternative to the way things are now? Government ownership? Some form of communism? What?

Elaborate.

lol...its called free markets. Overwhelmingly "free marketers" falsely argue for corporate power.

Large corporations hate free markets since it derives them of market power and lobbying power. However, that doesn't stop RW kooks for arguing and distorting free market ideology in favor of misguided corporatism.

You windbags get tiring, frustrating, and boring.

Elaborate.

lol...its called free markets. Overwhelmingly "free marketers" falsely argue for corporate power.

Really? When have I done that? If you believe in free markets, then you must be opposed to Obama's recent banking "reform." Next to Obamacare, that is the biggest government intrusion into the marketplace since Roosevelt's NRA.

Large corporations hate free markets since it derives them of market power and lobbying power. However, that doesn't stop RW kooks for arguing and distorting free market ideology in favor of misguided corporatism.

How does it do that? Please provide an example.

Do you believe corporations like Walmart deserve human rights?

Walmart: The Inhuman Essence of a Corporate "Person"

Really? When have I done that?

You are a prime example of nepotism and crony capitalism.

If you believe in free markets, then you must be opposed to Obama's recent banking "reform." Next to Obamacare, that is the biggest government intrusion into the marketplace since Roosevelt's NRA.

I am a strong critic. Obama's reform will eventually fail us.

How does it do that? Please provide an example.

Are you really this breached from reality?

Last edited:
I can't help wondering what would happen if the US started filling its prisons with the richest 1% of its population?

How would Wall Street react if the first conviction for securities or control fraud resulted in 25 to life, i.e., meaning convicts would serve 25 years BEFORE their first parole hearing?

Many (most?) of those :men without principles" were born believing they are above man's laws.

They need to be disabused of that notion for this country to become free.

Great Gaea, you're eaten alive with envy.

Envious! Why on earth would anyone want to be one of those sleaze balls? Never having or getting enough of this material world isn't a position to be envied. Nor is anyone who willingly compromises principle or trust in order to gain wealth and/or position. No matter how long they live or how much wealth and property they accumulate, it will never be enough to keep them happy or satisfied for very long.

Needy greed isn't appealing to anyone other than another needy greedy individual.

Then perhaps you can explain the leftist sense of entitlement to that which you haven't earned.

Now surprise me -- don't deny it exists.

Forum List

Back