Which Side Are You On?

Then the same applies to unions.

So perhaps you need to tell the unions to stop spending their members' dues on Democrat politicians and telling their members how to vote.

Because then, you know, you wouldn't be a flaming hypocrite.
Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia come to my mind whenever the word "hypocrite" arises.
Especially when it's offered by a "proud" conservative.

Are you especially proud of Clarence and Antonin attending fundraisers for the American Spectator? How about the two SCOTUS Justices mapping out strategy and fundraising for Charles and David Koch?

Think any of those lucrative sidelines might have influenced their rejection of Reinquist's and White's "corporations are creatures of law" in favor of the current majority's description of corps as "associations of citizens"?

All power corrupts and its potential for corruption is determined by the amount of dollars it has at its disposal. Since for-profit corporations like those found on Wall Street have infinitely more money than non-profit unions, your view would be less hypocritical if you called for removing all corporate financing from US elections.

Because then, you know, you wouldn't be a flaming faggot for Wall Street.

Corporate Free Speech | Corporate free-speech ruling speaks of shift in Supreme Court - Los Angeles Times
Oooh, there's that famous leftist homophobia.

I knew you'd find some sort of justification for your own hypocrisy. But you need to realize "They do it too!" isn't really a rational defense.
What's hypocritical about calling for the removal of all corporate funds from US elections?

Who got stimulus checks? Who's getting Obamacare waivers?

That's who benefits currently. Democrat special-interest groups.
Which five percent of Americans doubled its share of returns to wealth in less than one generation?

Why do "Proud Conservatives" suck up to private wealth?

Something in their DNA?

Michael Hudson: Obama's Greatest Betrayal

I'm sorry, I've forgotten -- which particular The Man is keeping you down? :confused:
You're forgiven.
All those years saying "Yes Sir(and Ma'am)" have only heightened your natural conservative inclination to bow low before money power. Maybe you've heard how the original political conservatives chose their Monarchs over Democracy?

You didn't answer my question (again)...which five percent of Americans nearly doubled their share of returns to wealth thanks to a 13 trillion taxpayer-dollar bailout of Wall Street parasites?

Hint: It's not the poorest five percent.

Which five percent of Americans doubled its share of returns to wealth in less than one generation?

Why do "Proud Conservatives" suck up to private wealth?

Something in their DNA?

Michael Hudson: Obama's Greatest Betrayal

I'm sorry, I've forgotten -- which particular The Man is keeping you down? :confused:
You're forgiven.
All those years saying "Yes Sir(and Ma'am)" have only heightened your natural conservative inclination to bow low before money power. Maybe you've heard how the original political conservatives chose their Monarchs over Democracy?

You didn't answer my question (again)...which five percent of Americans nearly doubled their share of returns to wealth thanks to a 13 trillion taxpayer-dollar bailout of Wall Street parasites?

So, you can't name anyone keeping you down.

So it must be your fault.

That our government is out of control isn't really debatable anymore.

The real question is who is benefitting from it?

Perh usual I'll suggest that the problem isn't government but BAD government.
One percent of us seem to benefit very well, thank you very much, regardless of which party controls government:

"THE RICHEST 1 (ONE) PERCENT OF AMERICANS possess more wealth than
THE COMBINED WEALTH OF THE BOTTOM 90 (NINETY) PERCENT.

Despite how incorrect that statistic may first appear, there is definitely no error or misprint involved. Not only that, the full significance of the above statement is rather difficult to instantly appreciate, so we'll take a moment more to consider its implications."

9 of us are indebted to the other one.

Democracy it ain't.

The Hidden Wealth of the Richest 1%

What does it matter what the top 1% have? I don't worry about what they have. I bust my ass for what I can get and what they have doesn't affect me at all. If, for instance, Bill Gates were to have $2B instead of $4B it wouldn't affect my life in anyway. Likewise if he builds that up to $8B it still won't affect what I have at all.

We are responsible for ourselves.

One percent of us seem to benefit very well, thank you very much, regardless of which party controls government:

Despite how incorrect that statistic may first appear, there is definitely no error or misprint involved. Not only that, the full significance of the above statement is rather difficult to instantly appreciate, so we'll take a moment more to consider its implications."

Democracy it ain't.

What does it matter what the top 1% have? I don't worry about what they have. I bust my ass for what I can get and what they have doesn't affect me at all. If, for instance, Bill Gates were to have $2B instead of $4B it wouldn't affect my life in anyway. Likewise if he builds that up to $8B it still won't affect what I have at all.

George thinks the wealthy got that way by stealing from him.

Democracy it ain't.

He'd have to have 2 nickels to rub together first.
I love class envy. The people doing the envy are inveterate losers in life who blame others for their own failings. SO when they complain that so-and-so has built a successful business and that's proof the system is rigged against them they sound like whiners.

Democracy it ain't.

You need to think a lot harder about what it means to say the richest 1% of Americans possess more wealth than the combined wealth of the bottom 90%:

"Because the richest 1% prefer to associate almost exclusively with members of their own social and economic standing, few members of the bottom 90% of Americans have ever even met a millionaire let alone a billionaire.

"Consequently if you belong to the bottom 90%, you can think of the wealth of the richest 1% as
more wealth than the combined assets of every American you have ever met, plus all the assets of every American you would be likely to meet on a trip that took you through every single city and town in the nation!"

The richest one percent are responsible for your economic circumstances IF you believe elected Republicans AND Democrats have any affect on the economy you work in.

You are not an island.
You're part of a world that has been dominated by private wealth for at least the last 5000 years.

http://afgen.com/feudal2.html

Last edited:
RW kooks think that trustfarians are the most productive people in society. These people are so far removed from reality.

I love class envy. The people doing the envy are inveterate losers in life who blame others for their own failings. SO when they complain that so-and-so has built a successful business and that's proof the system is rigged against them they sound like whiners.
"It's not faaaaaaaair!!"

/georgephillip

RW kooks think that trustfarians are the most productive people in society. These people are so far removed from reality.
Is that what your Poli Sci prof told you?

He's an idiot. Don't believe him.

yawn...I never took a poli-sci class. Another swing and miss from you.

At least you are growing up and not sending me emotionally immature e-mails in which you bitch about incessantly.

Last edited:
You're forgiven.

How is it my fault the richest 1% of Americans control more wealth than the bottom 90%?

Possibly those who control 90% of the wealth also control 90% of the opportunities?

You're forgiven.

Oh how typical...

We're talking about the state of the nation, about macro economics and what is the response?

Attack the messgenger.

You're either a tool or a fool, Dave.

While useful idiots can't explain how hard the richest one percent have to work in order to "rub together" more wealth than that of ALL the middle class wealth COMBINED with ALL the wealth of ALL the lower class ADDED to ALL the wealth of the bottom half of the UPPER class.

Possibly you're not too blinded by the bling to be able to explain how the next richest 9% of Americans also possess more wealth than the combined wealth of the bottom 90%?

Or would that be too taxing for an inveterate (rich) ass kisser?

"It's not faaaaaaaair!!"

/georgephillip
It's slavery.

Is that what your Poli Sci prof told you?

He's an idiot. Don't believe him.

yawn...I never took a poli-sci class. Another swing and miss from you.

At least you are growing up and not sending me emotionally immature e-mails in which you bitch about incessantly.

:laugh: In which I bitch about incessantly? That doesn't make a bit of sense. Remind me again...why is it you think you're intelligent? Because there's no evidence to support it.

Okay, no poli-sci class. I just found out you're a Deaniac. That explains your disconnect from reality.

You're forgiven.

How is it my fault the richest 1% of Americans control more wealth than the bottom 90%?

Possibly those who control 90% of the wealth also control 90% of the opportunities?
No, they don't. You've had amazing opportunities...but you pissed them away. Now you're old and bitter and you still refuse to take responsibility for your lot in life.

You failed because of you. No one else. Just you.

:laugh: In which I bitch about incessantly? That doesn't make a bit of sense. Remind me again...why is it you think you're intelligent? Because there's no evidence to support it.

Okay, no poli-sci class. I just found out you're a Deaniac. That explains your disconnect from reality.

I am not here to tell you how intelligent I am, yet you fucktards create this false world and attack it.

I am a liberal anarchist and this bothers Contards.

You're forgiven.

Oh how typical...

We're talking about the state of the nation, about macro economics and what is the response?

Attack the messgenger.

You're either a tool or a fool, Dave.
Not my fault you lack the wit to see the point. George is holding himself up as a symptom of what he perceives to be oppression of the poor.

Except he's never been oppressed. He's been lazy, and he's made poor choices. Now he wants other people to pay for his mistakes.

I've yet to see a rational justification for it. All we get is whining about what's fair, as if life were kindergarten.

Forum List

Back