Which side do you come down on

I side with

• Total voters
The Oath Keepers were founded by US Paratrooper and Yale Law School graduate Stewart Rhodes in March.

Interesting.

Last edited:
Oath Keepers, the military and police organization that was formed earlier this year and held its April muster on Lexington Green, may be a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival.
particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival.

SPLCenter.org: SPLC Report: Return of the Militias
With the Oath keepers or the souther poverty law center

Oath Keepers, the military and police organization that was formed earlier this year and held its April muster on Lexington Green, may be a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival. Members vow to fulfill the oaths to the Constitution that they swore while in the military or law enforcement. "Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders," the group says. Oath Keepers lists 10 orders its members won't obey, including two that reference U.S. concentration camps.

What a bunch of losers.

It reminds me of the time someone told me that Bush Sr. was going to occupy the U.S. with U.N. troops.

I looked their website over and didn't see anything racial or partisan about this organization, while the "Southern Poverty Law Center" looks like an Acorn offshoot.

Right or wrong, the SPLC has been around a long time and they're no ACORN offshoot.

Ame®icano;1635672 said:
then the commanders should face charges for pushing a radical right wing political group, and the American flag patch and unit designation patch that is authorized and worn upon the uniform are the badge of honor not this groups patches.

Should they also remove the American flag from their shoulder?

I told you earlier, maybe you go there and ask them to remove it?

Because of those like you I support them wearing those patches. You know why? Because there are no loons like you in a war zone demanding they take them off.

the American flag is an authorized patch the oathkeeper one is not, how hard is that for you to understand? and for the record i served in the military and while i was there i would have confronted anybody that belonged to a radical group like this one, and at least in the Marine Corps it was forbidden to make political statements while wearing the uniform so if the same holds true for the Army the guy in that uniform is breaking his oath by disobeying a lawful orderso so much for being an oath keeper,and as far as the war zone goes i am guessing you have never been in the position to even have the possibility of going to one.

Saying that you will uphold the Constitution of the United States , both foriegn and domestic, and you intend on keeping the oath to do so, is a "political statement"? They are speaking of unlawful orders that is "unConstitutional", since when is this a bad thing?

How would you "confront" these Troops who wear the patch? Point and laugh and call them a racist?

The left fears loyalty to the USA and the Constitution, it may disturb the utopia they all seek

BTW, how exactly is he breaking the "oath" by wearing the patch?

Why can't some of you admit, that the Obama administration and congress has done everything to destroy our contitution, and these people are there to hold them to account, if and when some weird "crisis happens.

What happened in NO after Katrina was absolutely insane, those people were ordered to stay in one place, many died, were murdered raped and were starving, and needed this kind of group then. The oath keepers are watching the backs of the Americans. I am glad you are not, unless you would be one of those that would not arrest and detain me because I have a gun for protection, if you were one that decided to continue to defend the US Constutution against foriegn and DOMESTIC enemies.

Watch this video from about the 5 minute mark

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf2K4-BQYAI"]YouTube - Oath Keepers Orders We Will NOT Obey Full Length Video[/ame]

Last edited:
I looked their website over and didn't see anything racial or partisan about this organization, while the "Southern Poverty Law Center" looks like an Acorn offshoot.

Right or wrong, the SPLC has been around a long time and they're no ACORN offshoot.

Maybe, maybe not. But they surely are sounding fearful of loyalty to the US Constituion. I wonder why

Maybe, maybe not. But they surely are sounding fearful of loyalty to the US Constituion. I wonder why

Whattya mean "Maybe, maybe not"???

What I said about them is true, there's no "maybe" about it.

Whattya mean "Maybe, maybe not"???

What I said about them is true, there's no "maybe" about it.

I know they have been around for a long time. I do not believe they are an "offshoot", I think they are far left though

except that is not why this group was formed, funny they didnt pop up when the patriot act was enacted but a black guy gets elected and boom, groups like this pop up.

The race card? Really?

This is from the link that noose posted.

Southern Poverty Law Center

"According to the law center, militia groups are re-emerging in this country partly as a result of racial animosity toward Obama.
It's the "cross-pollinating" of extremist groups -- some racist, some not -- that is of concern, Potok said. As evidence that the danger is real, he points to several recent murders committed by men with anti-government or racist views.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security reached a similar conclusion in a report earlier this year about the rise of right-wing extremism. The report said the nation's economic downturn and Obama's race are "unique drivers for right-wing radicalization and recruitment."

that poverty law center should just leave these radical groups alone!!! why do they feel the need to pick on the kkk and aryan nation type groups?

Ame®icano;1635672 said:
Should they also remove the American flag from their shoulder?

I told you earlier, maybe you go there and ask them to remove it?

Because of those like you I support them wearing those patches. You know why? Because there are no loons like you in a war zone demanding they take them off.

the American flag is an authorized patch the oathkeeper one is not, how hard is that for you to understand? and for the record i served in the military and while i was there i would have confronted anybody that belonged to a radical group like this one, and at least in the Marine Corps it was forbidden to make political statements while wearing the uniform so if the same holds true for the Army the guy in that uniform is breaking his oath by disobeying a lawful orderso so much for being an oath keeper,and as far as the war zone goes i am guessing you have never been in the position to even have the possibility of going to one.

Saying that you will uphold the Constitution of the United States , both foriegn and domestic, and you intend on keeping the oath to do so, is a "political statement"? They are speaking of unlawful orders that is "unConstitutional", since when is this a bad thing?

thing is they already said that upon taking the oath, if that is the reason this group exists(which it isnt its only a cover) then this group has no reason to exist.

How would you "confront" these Troops who wear the patch? Point and laugh and call them a racist
?

tell them they are not in proper uniform
The left fears loyalty to the USA and the Constitution, it may disturb the utopia they all seek

horse shit
BTW, how exactly is he breaking the "oath" by wearing the patch?

by digresssing from the uniform of the day he is not following orders, not following lawful orders is breaking the oath you take when you join the military, also you are forbidden from making political statements while in uniform.

Why can't some of you admit, that the Obama administration and congress has done everything to destroy our contitution, and these people are there to hold them to account, if and when some weird "crisis happens.

wack job bull shit

What happened in NO after Katrina was absolutely insane, those people were ordered to stay in one place, many died, were murdered raped and were starving, and needed this kind of group then. The oath keepers are watching the backs of the Americans. I am glad you are not, unless you would be one of those that would not arrest and detain me because I have a gun for protection, if you were one that decided to continue to defend the US Constutution against foriegn and DOMESTIC enemies.

on bush's watch and yet the ok did not get together till after bush left office

The race card? Really?

"According to the law center, militia groups are re-emerging in this country partly as a result of racial animosity toward Obama.
It's the "cross-pollinating" of extremist groups -- some racist, some not -- that is of concern, Potok said. As evidence that the danger is real, he points to several recent murders committed by men with anti-government or racist views.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security reached a similar conclusion in a report earlier this year about the rise of right-wing extremism. The report said the nation's economic downturn and Obama's race are "unique drivers for right-wing radicalization and recruitment."

that poverty law center should just leave these radical groups alone!!! why do they feel the need to pick on the kkk and aryan nation type groups?

Specifically what do you find anti-American about the following:

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

because thats not what this group is all about, they put forth the same type of rhetoric tim mcveigh acted upon.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

there is no reason for it, these tim mcveigh wannabes have taken the oath no reason to form a group stating that you are going to live up to it, that is already implied upon your taking of the oath.

I wasn't aware that Yale Law Graduates become terrorists?

Or perhaps the founder's understanding of law is what inspired him to form the group?

thing is they already said that upon taking the oath, if that is the reason this group exists(which it isnt its only a cover) then this group has no reason to exist.

?

tell them they are not in proper uniform

horse shit

by digresssing from the uniform of the day he is not following orders, not following lawful orders is breaking the oath you take when you join the military, also you are forbidden from making political statements while in uniform.

wack job bull shit

on bush's watch and yet the ok did not get together till after bush left office

I think we all know why this supposed group was created only recently.

there is no reason for it, these tim mcveigh wannabes have taken the oath no reason to form a group stating that you are going to live up to it, that is already implied upon your taking of the oath.

I'm thinking maybe this group is for the type of person who DOESN'T NOT GET the original oath?

It is also curious that our government appears more interested in so-called "Militias" than they are in al-Qaeda.

Obama denies any "War on Terror", but is more than happy to start a "War on FOX"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xYL6Nvl3jI&feature=related]YouTube - Anita Dunn "worships" "her hero" Mao Tse Tung (Zedong) - Caught on Tape - Glen Beck - 10-15-09[/ame]
Maybe this is why...too many admirers of Mao in the Whitehouse?

There's no resaon for it so that makes it anti-American?

You keep referencing Tim MCveigh, can you link him to this specific group?

because thats not what this group is all about, they put forth the same type of rhetoric tim mcveigh acted upon.

Link?

there is a link already in this thread, you are one of the tim mcveigh types that would join a group like this so you will disagree with any link posted.

I've seen no such link. Now back up your claim that I or any member of the Oath Keepers possess the same mentality as McVeigh.

Fact is you have more in common with McVeigh than I do.

Forum List

Back