While Asking OPEC To Pump More Oil, Psaki Can’t Name Any Biden Effort to Increase US Production

Since 2014, hydraulically fractured horizontal wells have accounted for the majority of new oil and natural gas wells developed in the United States, surpassing all other drilling techniques. In 2016, nearly 70 percent of the country’s 977,000 producing oil and natural gas wells were horizontally drilled and fracked. The fracking boom is largely credited with making the United States the top producer of natural gas and crude oil in the world—a trend expected to continue as fracking becomes more efficient (with fewer rigs generating greater output) and enables access to more of the country’s fossil fuel reserves.

Fraccing started in 1947, Dumbass. Barry Hussein didn't have anything to do with it. :cuckoo: :auiqs.jpg:

US is producing more oil that it ever has due to shale oil and advances in drilling which started under Obama. In fact We regain the lead from OPEC.

OPEC now has had to get Russia and a few others to join them in order to take that lead back forming OPEC + about 2017.

OPEC can and still control oil prices. They can cut production or increase production

So you want them to produce more instead of producing less. So getting them to produce more will have more effect on prices that any increased production of US as they are not going to lower prices just for the heck of it. It is a business and the market controls the prices.

Supply and demand

if you do not like the price then drive around to you find one more better suited for your needs.

There are always some gas stations who will inflate prices and other who will undercut the competition

Gas stations make pennies off gas. Anyone that actually knows a thing about owning one knows that. They make next to nothing at the pump because the real money is made on snacks, drinks, beer, cigarettes, bags of ice, propane tanks, phone chargers, breath mints, etc. Gas is just there to get people to stop in and spend money on other things.

Only exceptions are gas stations with no others in 50 miles, they know you'll pay. And gas stations right off highway exits and on roads with high traffic. But even then the prices aren't that much higher to the point it's unreasonable.

And no gas prices aren't simply supply and demand. You need to know how oil industry actually works.

I know "it sounds good to me" is a sound belief base but you're still partially or entirely wrong about your statements.

I think the fact there are two grades of oil has a lot to do with the discussion..sweet and crude. The U.S extracts primarily crude while we import a lot of the sweet grade. Why does that make a difference..our refineries are set up to process sweet which is easier to refine. Therefore we are a major exporter of crude while importing a lot of the sweet grade from OPEC. Maybe that's why Biden is asking OPEC to step up production.

Since 2014, hydraulically fractured horizontal wells have accounted for the majority of new oil and natural gas wells developed in the United States, surpassing all other drilling techniques. ...

Øbama tried to ban fracking on public lands. A federal judge tossed that attempt.

A federal judge on Tuesday night struck down an Obama administration regulation on the use of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, for oil and gas on public lands, a blow to President Obama’s muscular stand on the extraction of fossil fuels on government lands.

The rule, released by the Interior Department in March of last year and scheduled to take effect this Friday, was designed to increase the safety of fracking. It would have required companies to comply with federal safety standards in the construction of fracking wells, and to disclose the use of some chemicals in the fracking process.

Judge Scott W. Skavdahl of Federal District Court in Wyoming ruled that the Interior Department lacked the authority from Congress to issue the regulation, and also noted that fracking was already subject to other regulations under state and federal law.

Øbama tried to ban fracking on public lands. A federal judge tossed that attempt.

A federal judge on Tuesday night struck down an Obama administration regulation on the use of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, for oil and gas on public lands, a blow to President Obama’s muscular stand on the extraction of fossil fuels on government lands.
The rule, released by the Interior Department in March of last year and scheduled to take effect this Friday, was designed to increase the safety of fracking. It would have required companies to comply with federal safety standards in the construction of fracking wells, and to disclose the use of some chemicals in the fracking process.
Judge Scott W. Skavdahl of Federal District Court in Wyoming ruled that the Interior Department lacked the authority from Congress to issue the regulation, and also noted that fracking was already subject to other regulations under state and federal law.

He thinks Barry invented fracking.

I think the fact there are two grades of oil has a lot to do with the discussion..sweet and crude. The U.S extracts primarily crude while we import a lot of the sweet grade. Why does that make a difference..our refineries are set up to process sweet which is easier to refine. Therefore we are a major exporter of crude while importing a lot of the sweet grade from OPEC. Maybe that's why Biden is asking OPEC to step up production.

I believe the difference between sweet and sour crude oil is the sulfur content.

Gulf Coast refiners are set up to process Heavy crude oil or the tar slurry from Canada.

Very good point. Why hasn't asshole Biden asked the US to increase oil production hmmm? Dems won't touch that one with a 10 foot pole.
'
Occidental CEO Vicki Hollub said Thursday that she doesn’t envision U.S. oil production returning to pre-pandemic highs.

“I do believe that most companies have committed to value growth, rather than production growth,” she said during a CNBC Evolve conversation with Brian Sullivan. “And so I do believe that that’s going to be part of the reason that oil production in the United States does not get back to 13 million barrels a day.”....U.S. oil production won't return to pre-pandemic levels, says Occidental CEO

'
Occidental CEO Vicki Hollub said Thursday that she doesn’t envision U.S. oil production returning to pre-pandemic highs.

“I do believe that most companies have committed to value growth, rather than production growth,” she said during a CNBC Evolve conversation with Brian Sullivan. “And so I do believe that that’s going to be part of the reason that oil production in the United States does not get back to 13 million barrels a day.”....U.S. oil production won't return to pre-pandemic levels, says Occidental CEO
Of course America will not be energy independent anymore. Trump is not in the White House.

ergo this is a dumbass post

Biden did however advance us into the digital sign age.

Dumbass post? So you're big on Biden's energy policies I take it? Gas was in the $1.30s in my area of Florida last year. It's over $3.00 now.

Democrats want America dependent upon Islam.

View attachment 524768

You don't get it do you. There is no valid reason for current gas prices, given world oil supply, which is getting ready to glut all over again. What this is doing, is creating greater demand for electric vehicle production, which has a,lready increased this year, and estimates are another 8% next year. Which will probably increase now, and the big three automakers will move up their phaseout of gasoline engine vehicles.

And idiots like you don't have a clue, also don't realize that now Saudi Arabia, and the other OPEC nations, along with Russia, will be able to put the final nail in the coffin of US producers, by increasing supply at the end of the year.

Good job Einstein.

Geez Biden, it can't be that tough to lower gas prices. Just follow the lead of the guy who was in the White House before you. Gas prices were great when Trump was president.

My gas tank only holds 22 gallons. Burn through that in a week.
Except this chart says $2.19 was the documented low.

Not saying someone didn't have a sale or something, just showing documented prices.

Fraccing started in 1947, Dumbass. Barry Hussein didn't have anything to do with it. :cuckoo: :auiqs.jpg:

Your really do try to hard to sound smart but somehow you fail. I guess it because you point to the obvious and thing that it is relevant.

What they did in 1947 is a beginning but as time passes they become more proficient at it. US regain the lead in production in the last few years not in 1947. Well actually they did have a lead before OPEC became the dominate player.

I never said Obama created fracking. He just was president when it it all came together and people doing the drilling became more proficient at it. As the president he played a role and that is all that they can do.

a car built in 1947 can be called a car but there are differences between it and one built in 2021.

wait I slow it down for you

its
called
evolving
technologies

Forum List

Back