White college fraternity in Oklahoma shut down for overt racism

You beat me to it. I was just going to post it. Here is the video.

What do you care if people are excluded for skin color?

Aren't you all for that when whitey is excluded?

You can't eat your cake and have it too.

Who said I cared? I just thought the video was an interesting example of racist behavior.

So is excluding white people from a meeting at a public school.

Like I said you can't be for one and against the other

No its not. The subject matter had nothing to do with whites. It was about Black students being able to voice their issues. Fraternities are not set up for racial exclusion.

And neither are public schools.

You can't rationalize your way out of this.

White students were turned away for no other reason than they were white. Period.

Right after Selma too :eusa_doh: Sad, sad, SAD!!!

Univ. of Oklahoma president Frat members disgraceful - Yahoo News
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — The president of the University of Oklahoma severed the school's ties with a national fraternity on Monday and ordered that its on-campus house be shuttered after several members took part in a racist chant caught in an online video.

President David Boren said he was sickened and couldn't eat or sleep after learning about the video Sunday afternoon. It shows several people on a bus participating in a chant that included a racial slur, referenced lynching and indicated black students would never be admitted to OU's chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
rdean

Sounds like they have sung it before

What do you care if people are excluded for skin color?

Aren't you all for that when whitey is excluded?

You can't eat your cake and have it too.

Who said I cared? I just thought the video was an interesting example of racist behavior.

So is excluding white people from a meeting at a public school.

Like I said you can't be for one and against the other

No its not. The subject matter had nothing to do with whites. It was about Black students being able to voice their issues. Fraternities are not set up for racial exclusion.

And neither are public schools.

You can't rationalize your way out of this.

White students were turned away for no other reason than they were white. Period.

Dealing with issues Black students face in an environment that makes them comfortable supersedes any racial exclusions. White kids arent Black so there is no reason for them to be in a assembly that is for Black kids.

Right after Selma too :eusa_doh: Sad, sad, SAD!!!

Univ. of Oklahoma president Frat members disgraceful - Yahoo News
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — The president of the University of Oklahoma severed the school's ties with a national fraternity on Monday and ordered that its on-campus house be shuttered after several members took part in a racist chant caught in an online video.

President David Boren said he was sickened and couldn't eat or sleep after learning about the video Sunday afternoon. It shows several people on a bus participating in a chant that included a racial slur, referenced lynching and indicated black students would never be admitted to OU's chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
rdean

Sounds like they have sung it before

Plenty of times. Must be a common practice nationally for them.

This really pisses me off. I would sell everything South of North Carolina & east of Nevada to Mexico.

Oklahoma students protest fraternity's racist video
John Bacon, USA TODAY3:59 p.m. EDT March 9, 2015

Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity closed its University of Oklahoma chapter after a video surfaced online showing members participating in a racist chant. The black student group that released the video says their source wants to remain anonymous. VPC

The University of Oklahoma has severed ties with Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity and could expel some members shown in a video chanting racist remarks, school President David Boren said Monday.

Boren, who joined hundreds of students at the Norman campus in a predawn protest, called the students participating in the video "disgraceful" and promised a thorough investigation.

Yo, you can thank the Racist Black Leaders in Washington, Obama and Holder, for Whites expression there anger!!!

"GTP"

"OBAMA HATES AMERICA"

Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity closed its University of Oklahoma chapter after a video surfaced online showing members participating in a racist chant. The black student group that released the video says their source wants to remain anonymous. VPC

The University of Oklahoma has severed ties with Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity and could expel some members shown in a video chanting racist remarks, school President David Boren said Monday.

Boren, who joined hundreds of students at the Norman campus in a predawn protest, called the students participating in the video "disgraceful" and promised a thorough investigation.

Yo, you can thank the Racist Black Leaders in Washington, Obama and Holder, for Whites expression there anger!!!

"GTP"

"OBAMA HATES AMERICA"

" for Whites expression there anger!!! "
So, putting aside your need for an English course...

First, neither the President nor the AG instructed anyone in Oklahoma to do anything.

Second, why should whites need to express anger, or is it the ugly racism in you that just has to come to the surface?

You just created a thread in which you called Eric Holder, a full grown Black man, a "boy". The only people who call full grown Black males "boy"s are died-in-the-wool racists.

The actions that the University is taking are correct and surley within their guidelines.

Torah prohibits racism. Why do you hate the Torah so much? So, it's not just a matter of not being proud of your children, it is a matter of right and wrong, also a matter of basic human decency. You as a self-professed Jew should know this.

Free speeech only goes so far. People are not allowed to scream "fire" in a threater when in reality there is no fire. So, their "free speech" is also limited. Or do you think that fools have a right to scream "fire" in such a circumstance?

Captive audience on a bus might factor in to how free you are to be a dick. Say it out in the open air, sure, 1st Amendment all the way. On a bus in motion where people can't get away and you're rampaging through the aisle? Not so much.

Cite people responsible for disorderly conduct, but beyond actual actors involved, nothing else.

"GTP"

"OBAMA HATES AMERICA"

" for Whites expression there anger!!! "
So, putting aside your need for an English course...

First, neither the President nor the AG instructed anyone in Oklahoma to do anything.

Second, why should whites need to express anger, or is it the ugly racism in you that just has to come to the surface?

You just created a thread in which you called Eric Holder, a full grown Black man, a "boy". The only people who call full grown Black males "boy"s are died-in-the-wool racists.

The actions that the University is taking are correct and surley within their guidelines.

Yo, the light is Bright? But you Puppets can`t see it, FOOLS!

"GTP"

Captive audience on a bus might factor in to how free you are to be a dick. Say it out in the open air, sure, 1st Amendment all the way. On a bus in motion where people can't get away and you're rampaging through the aisle? Not so much.

Cite people responsible for disorderly conduct, but beyond actual actors involved, nothing else.
I would suspect it's a charter bus to somewhere. So only frat guys were on it.

SAE is a private organization and can kick out any chapter they wish that violates their policies. The end.

As far as them being kicked out of school, I haven't seen that. They've been kicked out of the frat house and forced to move into other housing.

SAE is a private organization and can kick out any chapter they wish that violates their policies. The end.

As far as them being kicked out of school, I haven't seen that. They've been kicked out of the frat house and forced to move into other housing.
The national org had nothing to do with it. The university is kicking them out of their house, and possibly out of school.

Forum List

Back