White house to working class Americans pay astromical deductibles- or Else...

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Thank you Obozo ..sure anything else you want to force us to pay for?
I thought obozo was for the poor people in america..

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/white-house-americans-pay-astronomical-091500724.html

For a 40-year-old individual in 2016, the cost of this care would be $3,479 in premiums plus the deductible before the first benefit could be covered For a 40-year-old individual in 2016, the cost of this care would be $3,479 in premiums plus the deductible before the first benefit could be covered – a total of $9,210 out of pocket. Even if subsidies pared premiums all the way down to Barack Obama’s promised $75 per month, it would still require the consumer to spend over $6600 for anything but a basic wellness check, a service that would cost a few hundred dollars at most, before having the first benefit covered. And that situation will only get worse in 2017, as insurers use increases in deductibles to buffer the premium hikes that have already been signaled.check, a service that would cost a few hundred dollars at most, before having the first benefit covered. And that situation will only get worse in 2017, as insurers use increases in deductibles to buffer the premium hikes that have already been signaled.

In an attempt to escape this “craziest system,” some consumers – especially lower-income workers – had tried a workaround authorized by Congress and exempted from insurance-coverage requirements more than a decade before Obamacare appeared on the horizon. Insurers have offered “fixed-benefit indemnity” plans for twenty years, which pay out set amounts for various events regardless of the actual costs incurred.

Related: How Obamacare Execs Broke the Law and Cost Taxpayers Billions

Rather than act as third-party payers that get between the consumer and the provider and therefore hinder price signals, fixed-benefit plans act as financial backstops for consumers who then negotiate on price with the providers directly. A day in the hospital might get $200 coverage, for instance, or a clinic visits $100.

Best of all for consumers with tight budgets, the premiums run around $1000 a year and have no deductibles or coinsurance requirements. That premium pricing is nearly the same as an Obamacare plan with full subsidies on the exchange, and unlike a bronze plan, would pay out immediately rather than wait for the consumer to cough up the first $5731. Younger, healthier, and less financially secure consumers can choose sufficient coverage and pay the mandate tax fee rather than get roped into high deductibles and high premiums, or perhaps use one in tandem with other coverage. Millions of consumers use that option in one form or another to this day.

That has the Obama administration seeing red. In 2014, Health and Human Services issued a rule forbidding the sale of fixed-benefit plans unless used as supplemental insurance for insurance with approved, comprehensive coverage. In essence, the rule stole a lower-cost option from those who could least afford it while allowing wealthier Americans the ability to buffer the skyrocketing deductibles in the ACA exchanges.

Mine went from $2,500 to $12,000.

Nice work.

My girlfriend had to go to the ER, paid a co-pay and got a bill for the whole damn thing.

What a clusterfuck.

Leftists are complete imbeciles.

Nice work.

My girlfriend had to go to the ER, paid a co-pay and got a bill for the whole damn thing.

What a clusterfuck.

Oh you lie as a lefty partisian hack would say on here..oh wait a second .

"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world," Clinton said.

Nice work.

What a clusterfuck.

Oh you lie as a lefty partisian hack would say on here..oh wait a second .

"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world," Clinton said.

That's exactly what we all predicted. It isn't brain surgery. Throw a gazillion people who previously haven't paid a dime who now have instant coverage into a system.. what'd they they think was going to happen? Think about it this way... what if you had no car insurance, totaled your car, then went and got insurance and were now able to get your car replaced. What do you think your/my premiums would be?

Bbbbuutt a lot of dindu nuffins now have health insurance you racist, homophobic, bigoted deplorables!!!!!!

That has the Obama administration seeing red. In 2014, Health and Human Services issued a rule forbidding the sale of fixed-benefit plans unless used as supplemental insurance for insurance with approved, comprehensive coverage. In essence, the rule stole a lower-cost option from those who could least afford

Blaming ACA because your insurance company is screwing you is stupid.
dumbass_award.jpg

I don't know if you know this or not, but insurance companies are in business to make money. You can't make money if you from day one are on the hook for a gazillion $$ and the people buying in haven't paid a dime. You need an Econ 101 class.

We used to have a choice remember?

The choice was to have medical insurance or live off taxpayers when you get sick.

So now us who had insurance are getting fucked. Whats the difference? Now I'm as a taxpayer still funding people who don't have insurance and getting fucked on premiums and coverage.

You people are dumber than a bag of broken doorknobs.

Forum List

Back