White man shoots innocent black teen....

[youtube]6aVwPqXc-bk[/youtube]

Zimmerman says "He's coming towards me. Coming to check me out"

Zimmerman sounds scared, but continues to follow.
I'm pretty sure Zimmerman was in his car when he said that. He had yet to exit his vehicle to follow Martin.

Unless he said the same thing later.

But, that's pretty early in the tape and the timeline, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure Zimmerman was in his car when he said that. He had yet to exit his vehicle to follow Martin.

How can he follow someone who is coming towards him?

I wouldn't want to be sitting in my vehicle either. The kid was staring at him, started coming towards him when he was in his vehicle, then when Zimmerman got out to meet him, turned and ran.

Zimmerman followed him a bit, and when the 911 operator told him to stop, he did and went back to his vehicle. And Trayvon came back and put a hurt on him.

I wouldn't want to be sitting in my vehicle either. The kid was staring at him, started coming towards him when he was in his vehicle, then when Zimmerman got out to meet him, turned and ran.

Zimmerman followed him a bit, and when the 911 operator told him to stop, he did and went back to his vehicle. And Trayvon came back and put a hurt on him.
After he said that, Zimmerman got out of his car to commence following the kid. That's when the 911 operator told him, "We don't need you to [follow the kid]".

After he said that, Zimmerman got out of his car to commence following the kid. That's when the 911 operator told him, "We don't need you to [follow the kid]".

The dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" Zimmerman said "OK"

And the altercation took place near his suv, so I don't think there's any doubt that zimmerman backed off.

Also, if you listen to the tape, he was in his car, talking to 911, and the kid started coming towards him, so he got out of his car and started walking towards him. Then the kid turned and ran, and he followed...and the 911 operator said not to, he said okay, and his huffing and puffing stopped. They ended up near the car, so obviously he went back.

Martin would have had to "come toward" Zimmerman in order to get back to his father's fiance's home. The sinister is all in your mind.

And the altercation took place near his suv, so I don't think there's any doubt that zimmerman backed off.

Also, if you listen to the tape, he was in his car, talking to 911, and the kid started coming towards him, so he got out of his car and started walking towards him. Then the kid turned and ran, and he followed...and the 911 operator said not to, he said okay, and his huffing and puffing stopped. They ended up near the car, so obviously he went back.
Link? The shooting occurred behind two buildings, not in a place a car would be parked.

Martin would have had to "come toward" Zimmerman in order to get back to his father's fiance's home. The sinister is all in your mind.

:cuckoo:

You've got proof of that? Cuz by all accounts, he jumped Zimmerman. I'm not sure how he'd "have" to do that to get home.

:cuckoo:

You've got proof of that? Cuz by all accounts, he jumped Zimmerman. I'm not sure how he'd "have" to do that to get home.

Here's the scenario:

You live in a small gated community that has a rash of break ins, you're out taking an evening walk. You observe someone you have never seen in the small community walking and looking at the homes. You follow them to see what they are doing. You call the police while they are en route the person approaches you and try's to take your gun away. What do you do?

Here's the scenario:

You live in a small gated community that has a rash of break ins, you're out taking an evening walk. You observe someone you have never seen in the small community walking and looking at the homes. You follow them to see what they are doing. You call the police while they are en route the person approaches you and try's to take your gun away. What do you do?
I may be missing the point, but Zimmerman was in his car. Seems like a vastly different scenario.

Just for grins, and as you have some LEO experience, say you're the responding officer to this situation. You're coming up on it knowing only what you see: a non-responsive subject on the ground, a subject standing nearby who looks like he's been in a struggle and has a handgun in his hands. He volunteers that the shooting was in self defense. What do you think and what do you do?

Honest question, mostly for my own edification.

Here's the scenario:

I may be missing the point, but Zimmerman was in his car. Seems like a vastly different scenario.

Just for grins, and as you have some LEO experience, say you're the responding officer to this situation. You're coming up on it knowing only what you see: a non-responsive subject on the ground, a subject standing nearby who looks like he's been in a struggle and has a handgun in his hands. He volunteers that the shooting was in self defense. What do you think and what do you do?

I immanently take the firearm from him unload it and place it in the safety area of the car. I notify dispatch that a shooting as accrued. I then protect the crime seine area and take a few notes while waiting on the detectives to arrive

Here's the scenario:

I immanently take the firearm from him unload it and place it in the safety area of the car. I notify dispatch that a shooting as accrued. I then protect the crime seine area and take a few notes while waiting on the detectives to arrive
So basically you secure the area and the parties involved and await others.

Would you have secured the shooter in any way, or just told him to stay there and not talk? Also, is this generally a situation where you would come up on the shooter with your weapon drawn?

So basically you secure the area and the parties involved and await others.

Would you have secured the shooter in any way, or just told him to stay there and not talk? Also, is this generally a situation where you would come up on the shooter with your weapon drawn?

Yes I would have. at that point until he was arrested or taken into custody I would not advice him of any rights to be silent

Hispanic man who patrols his multicultural neighborhood is not a loser.

Hispanic man was seen on ground after shooting.

Hispanic man has a history of calling police.

Maybe black teen had issues.

'k... granted, I prolly shouldn'ta called the guy a loser (even if he was)...

otherwise, do you have a problem with the way I described things...?

only that some of your assumptions are too stereotypical .. man assumes black kid has a weapon? why?

most street confrontations and fights start out without people misreading each other, but many start because some people think they can do whatever they want.

there is no reason to believe the Hispanic guy wanted to challenge the young guy in a physical confrontation. Odds on favorite is black kid got physical first. Why? who knows.

...deserve repeating

Forum List

Back