White New Mexico Cops Bust Black Family: Who Was Wrong

Who was wrong?

• The cops for using deadly force

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The mother for driving away

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • The son for defending his mother

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone. The mother for driving away, the son for fighting, the cops for shooting at kids

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
On her website Orianna Ferrell bills herself as an 'Women's Empowerment Coach'.

One of her charges is possession of drug paraphernalia.

And she's also been sued by a former landlord who says she left a home she was renting in terrible condition.

Yea, a real role model for women. . :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

LOL. Years ago when I was a housewife, I took Assertiveness Training, a community service class give at a local college. Between the first and second classes 3 people in the class 'asserted' themselves at work and lost their jobs. LOL. I think the teacher may have been kin to this woman! We learn from more than just our teachers! :D

The mother was wrong. No wonder she's raising her kids to be thugs. One of them tried to rush the cop. There is nothing about black skin that raises the individual to be above the law.

I think the cops were wrong.

After all they had the woman's license plate and address. They missed the opportunity of assembling a SWAT team doing a 3 in the morning no knock serve of warrants where they could have shot a couple dogs and maybe even a kid or two.

I'm sure the cops are kicking themselves for fucking up all the extra fun

Using you're logic they should let every car that evades them go after jotting down the license plate number.

I guess you have never heard of stolen plates or stolen vehicles before.

We get it, you hate cops.

Those cops were not in imminent danger.

There was no need to shoot at the car and risk killing the kids inside or another driver on the road with a stray round.

And I don't hate cops or anyone else. I do not trust cops they fuck up as much or more than anyone and when they fuck up innocent people get the shit end of the stick.

And do you not think they called in the plates during the chase? Hell a lot of cops have automatic plate readers in cruisers now and they don't even have to call in the plate. They would have known quite quickly if the plates were bogus or the car was reported stolen

They both were wrong. The only wrong thing the police did was fire at the van.
The cops did nothing wrong......they were only shooting at the tires. . :cool:

I'm sure that would be a comforting thought as they picked the bullet out of a child's head.

That's okay Agent Smith you were shooting at the tires...now go wash the blood off your hands and get a good nights rest.

I think the cops were wrong.

After all they had the woman's license plate and address. They missed the opportunity of assembling a SWAT team doing a 3 in the morning no knock serve of warrants where they could have shot a couple dogs and maybe even a kid or two.

I'm sure the cops are kicking themselves for fucking up all the extra fun

Using you're logic they should let every car that evades them go after jotting down the license plate number.

There was no need to shoot at the car and risk killing the kids inside or another driver on the road with a stray round.

And I don't hate cops or anyone else. I do not trust cops they fuck up as much or more than anyone and when they fuck up innocent people get the shit end of the stick.

And do you not think they called in the plates during the chase? Hell a lot of cops have automatic plate readers in cruisers now and they don't even have to call in the plate. They would have known quite quickly if the plates were bogus or the car was reported stolen

I have no idea if they called in the plates or not and neither do you.

The thing here is neither of us know the true nature of the stop or why she fled. It could be the police knew something we didn't. We know what we saw and what the media reported and until all the facts are out no one should make any judgments on what was or was not needed.

With that said, everything I saw indicates that the women escalated the situation endangering herself, her children and innocent motorist. The police were doing their jobs and whether the shooting was warranted or not is still yet to be determined.

The mother was wrong, her son was wrong and the one cop who fired his weapon was wrong. Send them all to jail.

The thing here is neither of us know the true nature of the stop or why she fled. It could be the police knew something we didn't. We know what we saw and what the media reported and until all the facts are out no one should make any judgments on what was or was not needed.

With that said, everything I saw indicates that the women escalated the situation endangering herself, her children and innocent motorist. The police were doing their jobs and whether the shooting was warranted or not is still yet to be determined.

A high speed chase through town for a traffic violation is unacceptable. I have had issues with that kind of thing for years. If they had the tag number there was no need to give chase in that manner.

A high speed chase through town for a traffic violation is unacceptable. I have had issues with that kind of thing for years. If they had the tag number there was no need to give chase in that manner.

The tag number does not identify the driver, and once you start running the initial violation is meaningless, the running itself becomes the crime, plus the endagerment the runner puts other people in front of.

Our law system is based on people, not the car itself, any defense attorney would have a field day if someone was only ID'ed by the car, and no ID was made of the driver.

She was stopped for a traffic violation at least that's what was reported. And yes she escalated the situation. So did her son but they were unarmed as were the young children in the car. Shooting into a car full of kids is poor judgement. Err on the side of her getting away if it means little kids aren't gunned down by the cops.

She was stopped for a traffic violation at least that's what was reported. And yes she escalated the situation. So did her son but they were unarmed as were the young children in the car. Shooting into a car full of kids is poor judgement. Err on the side of her getting away if it means little kids aren't gunned down by the cops.

Did you know at the time they were unarmed?

Did you know at the time there were young children in the car?

Do you know for certain the officer that shot at the vehicle was aware of the children in the vehicle?

How many of the children were gunned down by the officer?

I'd argue the children were in danger but it wasn't the fault of the police it was the fault of the mother.

She knew the police were armed.

She knew she had young children to consider.

Yet she still chose to put them in harm's way.

Keep in mind the cops reacted to the situation she created. Had she simply complied with the officers none of this would have happened. The blame is hers and hers alone. IMO

Do you know for certain the officer that shot at the vehicle was aware of the children in the vehicle?

I'd argue the children were in danger but it wasn't the fault of the police it was the fault of the mother.

Keep in mind the cops reacted to the situation she created. Had she simply complied with the officers none of this would have happened. The blame is hers and hers alone. IMO

The cops were right outside the car. They knew who was in the car unless they were blind.

She was outside the car and didn't pull a weapon. The son was outside the car and didn't pull a weapon.

They shot at the car as it was moving away from them. The car was not moving towards the cops so they were not in danger when they shot.

Sorry but there was no reason to be shooting at that car on a public highway when there were kids in the car.

And it looked to me like not one shot hit the car so not only did the cops endanger innocent kids they endangered other innocent people with their poor marksmanship.

The one cop acted inappropriately by shooting. You dont shoot at a car with children no matter what. If he didn't know there were kids in the care the first cop should have told him when he called for backup.

All where wrong!!!,high speed chases are a menace,unless some one is cutting someone else in two,or bank robberies and such,but chasing people down for traffic shit, is over the top authoritarianism,and does not serve the common good. Every cop I know tells me that if they draw and shoot its to kill so one must wonder about the shots fired.

Forum List

Back