White Privilege

My point, in bringing up the Tulsa Race Riot, is not "a bad thing happened to black people." My point is that a bad thing happened to black people, and we just forgot. The loss of 10,000 black homes and the destruction of the wealthiest black community in the United States, and it never even came up in my public school education. This is an example of the institutionalized racism that is still causing problems today.

Were you ever told of the Haitian or Rhodesian massacres in your public school?

You feel we should have been taught the history of Rhodesia? This may surprise you, but students in my state are not expected to learn the histories of every nation on Earth, nor is there a "Massacres 101" for elementary students.

I got my education through Tulsa County schools. We learned about Tulsa history. The Tulsa Race Riot happened in Tulsa, making it a glaring omission. Haiti and Rhodesia? Not so much.

I wonder why this story never made front page news. You don't suppose they will add it to the school curriculum -- do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waking up to do what? Whatchya gonna do?

Start by standing up for myself. Then band together with others who are waking up. Then start talking with others who may not know the truth about what's going on. It's called "grass roots." It's worked in the past and it will work again.

Are we witnessing the birth of a white supremacist? Just as the rest of the country has decided to put that movement to pasture? Cool.

So you agree with the OP that there were no whites until 1681........golly how bright you must be.....for an angry black chile.

You feel we should have been taught the history of Rhodesia? This may surprise you, but students in my state are not expected to learn the histories of every nation on Earth, nor is there a "Massacres 101" for elementary students.

I got my education through Tulsa County schools. We learned about Tulsa history. The Tulsa Race Riot happened in Tulsa, making it a glaring omission. Haiti and Rhodesia? Not so much.

I wonder why this story never made front page news. You don't suppose they will add it to the school curriculum -- do you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJiQxjO0Q4E]The Knoxville Massacre - YouTube[/ame]

How did you learn about it?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJiQxjO0Q4E"]The Knoxville Massacre - YouTube[/ame]

Flipping through Youtube.

Apparently it has been reported. Yes?

Not nationally (until enough folks heard about it through Youtube). Then, and only then, did CNN see to do some "damage control" and pretend that it wasn't a hate crime. You and I can rest assured that if a group of whites had carjacked and kidnapped a black couple then tortured, raped, mutilated, and murdered them that the entire world would know about it within hours and it was be reported as a hate crime. Try not to play dumb.

I grew up in Oklahoma, specifically the Tulsa area, and for nearly all that time I attended public schools. When I got to college, I was shocked to find out that my education had left out a huge chapter in Tulsa's history: The Tulsa Race Riot of 1921.

It resulted in the Greenwood District, also known as 'the Black Wall Street' and the wealthiest black community in the United States, being burned to the ground...An estimated 10,000 blacks were left homeless, and 35 city blocks composed of 1,256 residences were destroyed by fire.
That's a huge omission. And it's not just the schools. As far as I know, there wasn't even a physical reminder of the event in or around Tulsa until five or six years ago. Compare that to the Oklahoma City bombing, which is comparable in terms of loss of human life and injuries. We have a powerful memorial museum there now, so Oklahoma has done its best to do right by those people, but as to the race riots...

My point is, battling institutionalized racism is not about pointing people out and calling them racist (although it does grab headlines when celebrities misstep). People do do that, and it's petty and counterproductive, but the larger idea isn't about giving the self-righteous a club to thwack individuals with. There's a serious problem in the deal America gives black people that goes deep into how our society is built. It's why white people get leniency in court, and black people tend to get the book thrown at them. Not just the courts even, but people on the street [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg&feature=kp"][/ame].

Eh, I don't mean to rant. I'll stop it here, but there is a problem, and just because some kooks want to use the issue as a platform to feel superior or whatever, that doesn't meant the problem is imaginary.

Fortunately for the black race, they weren't totally and completely annihilated like the following folks were:
The 1804 Haiti Massacre was a genocide, which was carried out against the remaining white population of French Creoles in Haiti by the order of Jean-Jacques Dessalines. The massacre, which took place in the entire territory of Haiti, was carried out from early February 1804 until 22 April 1804, and resulted in the deaths of between 3,000 to 5,000 people of all ages and genders.[1]
Squads of soldiers moved from house to house, killing entire families.[2] Even whites who had been friendly and sympathetic to the black population were imprisoned and later killed.[3] A second wave of massacres targeted white women and children.[3]

320px-Incendie_de_la_Plaine_du_Cap._-_Massacre_des_Blancs_par_les_Noirs._FRANCE_MILITAIRE._-_Martinet_del._-_Masson_Sculp_-_33.jpg
1804 Haiti Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now this island of Haiti isn't all that far from mainland USA and this massacre didn't take place long after the founding of this nation. Do you suppose that news of this event got back to the citizens of the USA? Is it possible that an event like this might have affected the way that white people viewed black people during that era and possibly for several generations afterward? It appears that just about every black Haitian took part in massacring every white Haitian (men, women, and children). That's pretty significant.

Of course, we could get into a number of other heinous, genocidal, historical events as well -- like the horrendous slaughter that took place in Rhodesia (once the bread basket of Africa until the white farmers were massacred en masse). But it's not my intent to stir the pot. I'm just saying that blacks haven't always been the victims.

Fuck it, I'll say they were never the Goddamned victims. They were the perpetrators.

I'll even say ******!!!

The ******* sold ******* to Portuguese slave traders for RUM on the west African coast, and the Goddamned carpet pilots sold ******* to euroweenie slave traders long before territorial lines were established on this hemisphere.

BTW were ******* the only people ever enslaved? Are they the only people ever to be degraded with terms like ******?

What about the SLAVS?

Any of you bed wetting stupid asshole lib fuckers know how the term for my ethnicity came about?

Can I sue the Italian Government for shit that happened when Caesar ruled Rome? Goddamit I want MY fucking reparations!!! My case is older!!!

When will the AFRICANS who SOLD other AFRICANS be held accountable for THEIR actions?

Are we to believe slavery was (and is) an isolated part of history located only in 13 jurisdictions of the United States prior to 1865?

There is no slavery currently?

Are there any other countries that have been torn apart through civil strife to free slaves?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdya9uOA8Q]White couple carjacked, raped, tortured, and mutilated in USA - YouTube[/ame]

You're comparing the burying of a massive act of violence with giant historical repercussions for my home county...to scary crime news? In what universe do these things deserve equal time in a history class?

Do you even know what point it is you're trying to make anymore?

Apparently it has been reported. Yes?

Not nationally (until enough folks heard about it through Youtube). Then, and only then, did CNN see to do some "damage control" and pretend that it wasn't a hate crime. You and I can rest assured that if a group of whites had carjacked and kidnapped a black couple then tortured, raped, mutilated, and murdered them that the entire world would know about it within hours and it was be reported as a hate crime. Try not to play dumb.

Are you sure you are just now "waking up"? Ever heard if a dude named Daniel Carver?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdya9uOA8Q]White couple carjacked, raped, tortured, and mutilated in USA - YouTube[/ame]

You're comparing the burying of a massive act of violence with giant historical repercussions for my home county...to scary crime news? In what universe do these things deserve equal time in a history class?

Do you?

The average parent has no idea of the devious indoctrination going on in classrooms in many public schools. What follows are some of the lessons of the conference.

In one of the workshops, "Examining White Privilege and Building Foundations for Social Justice Thinking in the Elementary Classroom," educators Rosemary Colt and Diana Reeves told how teachers can "insert social justice, anti-racist information" into their lessons that "even little kids" can understand.

Kim Radersma, a former high-school English teacher, hosted a session titled "Stories from the front lines of education: Confessions of a white, high school English teacher." She said that teaching is a purely political act and that neutral people should"get the f--- out of education."

But the propaganda and lunacy go even deeper. Jacqueline Battalora, professor of sociology and criminal justice at Saint Xavier University, informed conference participants that"white people did not exist before 1681. Again, white people did not exist on planet earth until 1681."

White Privilege - Walter E. Williams - Page full

Progressives are the most moronic people on earth.

If they're white, they're Tom's.

The average parent has no idea of the devious indoctrination going on in classrooms in many public schools. What follows are some of the lessons of the conference.

In one of the workshops, "Examining White Privilege and Building Foundations for Social Justice Thinking in the Elementary Classroom," educators Rosemary Colt and Diana Reeves told how teachers can "insert social justice, anti-racist information" into their lessons that "even little kids" can understand.

Kim Radersma, a former high-school English teacher, hosted a session titled "Stories from the front lines of education: Confessions of a white, high school English teacher." She said that teaching is a purely political act and that neutral people should"get the f--- out of education."

But the propaganda and lunacy go even deeper. Jacqueline Battalora, professor of sociology and criminal justice at Saint Xavier University, informed conference participants that"white people did not exist before 1681. Again, white people did not exist on planet earth until 1681."

Breaking news: Critical Race Theory is disputed. Yes, there were Caucasians before 1681. Battalora wrote there was no white "nation" in America before 1681 actually. Townhall may have missed that. It seems her book was not a best seller.

Last edited:
White couple carjacked, raped, tortured, and mutilated in USA - YouTube

Do you?

That there is institutionalized racism in our society, and I have a strong example from my area?

Breaking news: Critical Race Theory is disputed. Yes, there were Caucasians before 1681. Battalora wrote there was no white "nation" in America before 1681 actually. Townhall may have missed that. It seems her book was not a best seller.

Walter Williams wrote the article, a Black Man.
Take it up with him.

This shit has no place in our schools, period.

White privilege and entitlement were a fact of British and colonial racism, the enslavement of Africans, the genocide and ethnic cleansing of Native Americans, the attack of Tejanos, Mexicans, Nuevo Mexicanos, Californios, and Asian immigrant laborers.

That is what is being taught to millenials, they believe it, and that is they overwhelmingly despise American entitlement culture to the 1960s.

Don't like it? Sux to be u.

We get it, Jake believes there were no whites before 1681.

Dumb ass.

Whites were very much the late comers to the American hemispheres, up to 8000 years later than the indigenous peoples.

You would do yourself well if you would read and study history.

Africans, Arabs, Europeans, Asiastics from the Near East to the Far East, the Pacific Islanders, and the Native Americans . . .

. . . ALL PRACTICED SLAVERY . . .

which in no way excuses the British, colonists, and Americans from participating in that crime.

Negro Chattel Slavery was marked by color passing through parents, period.

Far right reactionary wing nut reactionary bedwetters like Pete can't escape those facts.

White Privilege does not exist.

Not as much as it did, thank heavens.
It never did.

This is nothing more than the cry of the incompetent.

White Privilege does not exist.

Not as much as it did, thank heavens.
It never did.

This is nothing more than the cry of the incompetent.

You whining does not change that white exceptionalism lasted for centuries.

You are like the KKK saying they were acting for the good of America.

And those generations under 50 increasingly believe in Critical Race Theory.

This argument is over. Sux to be u.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back