Who And Cdc Are Getting Their Feet Held To The Fire

I wonder what they'll be saying tomorrow that completely puts the lie to the "precautions" they've been telling everybody are *sufficient* to prevent the spread of this disease?

I guess it's more important to prevent panic than it is to prevent the spread of ebola.

As it turns out, nobody REALLY knows if ebola is air borne or not.

Go figure.

"Hospital officials denied that World Health Organization recommendations were not followed in the treatment of both Garcia Viejo and another Spanish priest, 75-year-old Miguel Pajares, who died of Ebola after being flown from West Africa to Spain, where he received the experimental drug ZMapp."

"According to the Spanish newspaper El Pais, hospital staff provided photos of protective suits that use latex gloves attached using tape. Hospital staff members told the paper that the protective equipment should have been completely impermeable, but that it was not. The workers also said that the suits did not allow for autonomous breathing."

"“The suits used perfectly meet protocol, as well as the mandatory protection requirements for this disease," said Yolanda Fuentes, the deputy director of Carlos III hospital.."

"The incident has raised fresh concerns that, despite assurances from global public health officials that Ebola cases can be safely managed in developed countries, sufficient precautions have not been taken."

The protocol isn't sufficient, and WHO and the CDC have been lying and softsoaping this all along.

As they have been with the entovirus that is killing kids now.

A vexing mystery in Spain How did a nurse contract Ebola - The Washington Post

It's not airborne, nor is the possibility is may be new information. The claim is based on how body fluids like sweat, saliva, etc. will become aresolized and float in the air. If you can smell someone, you're inhaling body fluids in aresolized form. But that's not the general mode of transmission or infected requiring more direct contact.

In other words, when you go potty, if you smell your waste, you're inhaling it. But that's not the same as eating it or smearing it all over yourself. :)

"... scientists who have long studied Ebola say such assurances [that it isn't airborne and won't become airborne] are premature — and they are concerned about what is not known about the strain now on the loose. It is an Ebola outbreak like none seen before, jumping from the bush to urban areas, giving the virus more opportunities to evolve as it passes through multiple human hosts.

"Dr. C.J. Peters, who battled a 1989 outbreak of the virus among research monkeys housed in Virginia and who later led the CDC's most far-reaching study of Ebola's transmissibility in humans, said he would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters.

"We just don't have the data to exclude it," said Peters, who continues to research viral diseases at the University of Texas in Galveston.

"Dr. Philip K. Russell, a virologist who oversaw Ebola research while heading the U.S. Army's Medical Research and Development Command, and who later led the government's massive stockpiling of smallpox vaccine after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, also said much was still to be learned. "Being dogmatic is, I think, ill-advised, because there are too many unknowns here."

"I see the reasons to dampen down public fears," Russell said. "But scientifically, we're in the middle of the first experiment of multiple, serial passages of Ebola virus in man.... God knows what this virus is going to look like. I don't."

That's what the ebola experts say.

But by all means, listen to Delta4love and the political activists running the CDC.

Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed - LA Times

"
"We know for a fact that the virus occurs in sputum and no one has ever done a study [disproving that] coughing or sneezing is a viable means of transmitting," he said. Unqualified assurances that Ebola is not spread through the air, Bailey said, are "misleading."

"Peters, whose CDC team studied cases from 27 households that emerged during a 1995 Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo, said that while most could be attributed to contact with infected late-stage patients or their bodily fluids, "some" infections may have occurred via "aerosol transmission."

Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed - LA Times

Your article shows what I've been saying. In that article it said Sneezing could in theory could transmit the disease. But then downplayed it to highly unlikely.

The article directly before your post is about a doctor that treated Ebola in 1995 saying the same thing. He didn't come out and say that it was a true airborne disease either. I have stated that over and over again.

And still, my point remains the same. Limit or ban flights to Ebola Land and keep it contained there. I've never said the one case was a dang epidemic, but I have stated that it is one too many when we could and should ban travel to the region. And in regards to that I didn't include essential personnel in that ban.

I again say those traveling from that region should have to get a blood test to leave to MAKE SURE they don't have the disease. If that means having to set up some labs to do so, then it is what needs to be done. If they have to wait an extra day to leave Ebola Land then Oh Fucking Well.

I think Obama is still using the OLD cdc recommendations, when they were still blatantly lying about ebola:

"The CDC .....is advising aid workers and others who travel to countries currently experiencing Ebola outbreaks to “avoid public transportation” if they develop a fever or experience other Ebola-like symptoms while on their trip.

"Listed among their online recommendations for travelers journeying to Liberia, Guinea, Nigeria or Sierra Leone, the CDC advises travelers who begin to exhibit possible Ebola symptoms and choose to visit a doctor to “Limit your contact with other people when you travel to the doctor; avoid public transportation.”

"The CDC also explains a person may contract Ebola if he or she “spends ... time within three feet (one meter) of a person who is sick with Ebola.”

They say "a long amount of time" but fail to say how long is "long". I would think about 5 minutes should do the trick.

Progressives lying in order to spread disease. Cool!

Obama You Can t Get Ebola Sitting Next to Someone on a Bus CDC Avoid Public Transportation CNS News

Forum List

Back