Debate Now Who are the serious debaters on this forum?

When you stoop to that level with them, you make it obvious that you're not a serious debater.
Why would I try to debate seriously with somebody that can't critically think and has no nuanced opinions about anything?

I did.

The offer still stands.

No, I can't leave it there. I perceive that is an attempt to absolve America from all responsibility for all of it's other 35+ wars of aggression..

And therein lies my first question to you in our debate. Was I right?
You didn’t follow the rules

When you stoop to that level with them, you make it obvious that you're not a serious debater.

You should talk, of the many forums on the internet, the only one I've found that won't tolerate mudslinging is the PF, and they canned your ass. Tsk tsk. Your response? "They didn't like your opinions". That's what the guilty always say.

Belittling others is how you debate? No strategy dudette

Belittling others is your stock in trade. Here are a few beauties by you, to others:

Demofks hate truth

demofks are your captors

you just continue to lie blatantly

You Nazis can’t stop yourselves.

You talk like a Nazi.

you’re a liar

you can’t be honest.

you idiot.

Congratulations, you are a..........

hypocrite.jpg

A number of persons on this forum do not understand how to frame an argument.

But, some of you do.

the non serious ones make wild claims, vacuous claims without substantiating them.

When asked to substantiate, I often get a snarky 'you do it'. No, the onus is always on the the ones making claims to substantiate their claims. You cannot ask others to do your work for you. That never has been the etiquette in any forum I've ever heard of and I've been on many going back to the 90s, the days of Usenet.

I will always substantiate my claim, if it exists. If it doesn't, I'll be happy to say 'it's just my opinion'. Opinions are okay, just make sure you make it clear that that is what they are. If you are making a claim of fact, then substantiate it to the best you can, and offer a path of reasoning for it, to the best that you can. See, to substantiate could just mean to supplement yuor claim, though proving it would be even better, but at least supplement it with something, or at the very minimum, a well reasoned path of logic and naming some well known examples, that would be okay.

But a wild claim, short sentence, 'Biden family are criminals' without evidence, that's not an argument. To say, 'it's in the news', that's not substantiation. A link would suffice. We could then debate the link, sure, but at least provide something, and the more, the merrier. It's called 'moving the debate forward'. Comments that do not move the debate forward are non arguments. Arguments and counter arguments move the debate forward. It's not complicated.

the non serious engage in ad hominems. The attack the source or the messenger and not the message. (yes, I've done this myself, but I would love to argue on a forum that doesn't allow it).

They who do not know how to debate do not engage in a real argument, they riddle their comments with rant words, weasel words, words of emotion and sentiment, engage in petty name calling, and wild claims without substance to them, and do not understand what a real argument is, and they do not understand the difference between an opinion and an argument, the difference between a non argument and a real argument.

For example:

Conservatives are morons. Liberals are idiots.

No, those are not arguments. Those are rants, they are sentiments, weasel words, ad homs, non arguments. Got it?

But, if I wrote: AOC's 'new deal' has issues, which are as follows (list them ) which is supported by (link to authoritative sources which supplement the argument [which, by the way, is not a violation of the 'appeals to authority' logical fallacy, because it's supplementation, not reliance upon] ).

That would be an argument. No snarky quips, no hate-AOC remarks, etc. Real arguments aren't supposed to be impressive by clever word use designed to get likes, they are supposed to be persuasive.

Who are the members of USMB who know how to debate?

Please tell me who you are and you will be the ones invited to future OPs by me on this forum. I don't care if you are right or left or something else. It's not about whether your are right or wrong, that is why we are here, to debate what is right and wrong, but some of you are disingenuous and are here only to get likes from your friends. Some of your I simply cannot take seriously. And, of course, those of you I can't take seriously will typically shoot that same claim back at me, which is, in fact, a cop out.

Who are the serious debaters? Let me know, please. PM me, if you prefer.

Please understand, I do not claim to be the god's gift to debate forums, it's not about how well we argue, I am probably even guilty of some of the sins I eschew, (but I strive, at least, not to, but, at times, it feels like I have to, with some of you) it's about how to at least adhere to a form that allows for constructive debate, and that is what I'm after.

And, another thing, we are anonymous here. All that matters is the argument, not who we are. Some are from foreign countries, it doesn't matter, all that matters is the text in the argument. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm from Texas, in case you are wondering.

Let me know, thank you.

Rumpole.
Answer: Not you.

Belittling others is your stock in trade. Here are a few beauties by you, to others:

Demofks hate truth

demofks are your captors

you just continue to lie blatantly

You Nazis can’t stop yourselves.

You talk like a Nazi.

you’re a liar

you can’t be honest.

you idiot.

Congratulations, you are a..........

View attachment 853252
Anytime my friend. Debate me, no insults needed. My truths are based off facts. Any time.

Anytime my friend. Debate me, no insults needed. My truths are based off facts. Any time.

Okay. Pick a topic. Something specific. What I mean, is 'Republicans are jerks" or 'Democrats are crazy' those are not real arguments (they are rants, sentiments). I think you know what I mean.

Okay. Pick a topic. Something specific. What I mean, is 'Republicans are jerks" or 'Democrats are crazy' those are not real arguments (they are rants, sentiments). I think you know what I mean.
Fine, let's start with voter ID. Do you follow the demofks that Voter ID laws are racist?

/——-/ Well, it’s been several hours and Rumpole is silent on this debate.
BTW, I think the new Ray Epps video released saying they were going to storm the capital the day before the protest and the use of that word 'storm' aligns him to the media and the DNC. It may be circumstantial, but it's damning just the same. It can help prove that this was indeed coordinated by him and whoever he reported to. Too many coincidents

Forum List

Back