🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who are your favorite cover artists, in music, all-time?

60s pop music is the best

I think the 60s is when music started getting cool. Before the 60s music was really lame. Frankie valley? Nope! I would have thought he was 50s but that garbage actually started in 1960. So somewhere in the 60s music started getting cooler.

The Beatles, James brown, stones, Hendrix, Motown,

I remember hearing The Rolling Stones first album. It was nothing like what they turned into. The record companies made them sing such crappy safe songs.

I feel lik the old people in charge were holding these artists back. If they got out of line Ed Sullivan wouldn’t have them on. They were so prude.

Whitney Houston is another one who didn't write many of her own songs, but she made them her own with that amazing voice and her usually magical stage presence (when sober ). rip young lady ( would be 57 this month)

Whitney Houston is another one who didn't write many of her own songs, but she made them her own with that amazing voice and her usually magical stage presence (when sober ). rip young lady ( would be 57 this month)

Whitney DID have a fantastic voice. Thanks for the post.

I can’t forget that Bobby brown had to pull a terd out of her butt because it was stuck. Crack is wack

I can’t forget that Bobby brown had to pull a terd out of her butt because it was stuck. Crack is wack

Yikes!

I think the 60s is when music started getting cool. Before the 60s music was really lame. Frankie valley? Nope! I would have thought he was 50s but that garbage actually started in 1960. So somewhere in the 60s music started getting cooler.

I remember hearing The Rolling Stones first album. It was nothing like what they turned into. The record companies made them sing such crappy safe songs.

I feel lik the old people in charge were holding these artists back. If they got out of line Ed Sullivan wouldn’t have them on. They were so prude.

I don't think that today's pop music is as good.
The Artists are not as talented or as creative.
Rap music is the worst genera ever.

I don't think that today's pop music is as good.
The Artists are not as talented or as creative.
Rap music is the worst genera ever.

I used to like rap but it does suck today. Not like dr dre, Tupac, biggy, snoop dog. They were good.

I will say this. I didn’t love very many women singers when I was a kid. Hart was good. Steven nix was good bu not many more. My list of favorite women singers from my youth is very short.

But today my list is very long. Taylor Swift, arianna grande, pink, lady Gaga, Rihanna, Beyoncé, cardi b, Sia, Miley cyrus, Halsey, dua lipa, Camilla cabello, Christina Aguilera, kelly clarkston, Carrie Underwood,

LeAnn Rimes and Billy Joe Royal (deceased)

God bless you and LeAnn always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of her)

P.S. Billy Joe put his own spin on at least 50 songs.

This would include musicians or bands known for their ability to cover other musicians' material, and cover it well. My two favorites all-time are Three Dog Night and Linda Ronstadt.
I got a question for you. Whos music is the most covered? I was thinking Carole king did a lot of covers but I think a lot of people covered her songs actually.

What artists are covered a lot? Beatles? prince?
Willie Dixon.....

what?....you got to have a link to this bobo.....lol...

Taylor Swift,
TDS victim. Very sad.
Oh let’s not politicize this thread.
Thank you. And thanks for your wonderful replies on this thread, it is very much appreciated. I've found that despite huge differences in political views among two people, there is almost always something they can agree on. Music, more than any other thing, seems to me to be THE most prevalent thing that people agree on, even though they have totally different opinions about politics. This is why I call music, "The Great Pacifier" or "The Great Equalizer". And thanks again for your posts on this thread. I promise to not make fun of or disparage your political views from this point forward. Political differences really CAN f*ck people up.

what?....you got to have a link to this bobo.....lol...

Google it. Dont you remember they had a reality show? They were broke. So sad.

This was on one of the episodes.

Forum List

Back