Who Called Gore?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
If you had to pick a moment in recent history when bipartisanship died a horrible death, you could do worse than the moment Gore called Bush to retract his concession in the 2000 Election.

We've had close elections in the past and the loser gracefully bowed out. In 2000, Gore held the peaceful transition of Presidential power hostage to his insane view of a recount (but only in heavy Democrat districts). We know the rest. Bush had more votes but the process was damaged and the relations between Dems and Republicans was shattered

Who called Gore and made him retract his concession?

Was it a Dem power broker and financier like Soros?

Was it Vlad Putin through his surrogate Ted Kennedy?

I do believe that Gore's behavior following the 2000 election deepen and entrenched partisan divides. But they didn't create them imho.

I don't know if Gores' concession retraction was the beginning of the end of bipartisanship, but it is obvious that Obama/Reid/Pelosi have cemented partisanship.

I don't know if Gores' concession retraction was the beginning of the end of bipartisanship, but it is obvious that Obama/Reid/Pelosi have cemented partisanship.

With a whole lot of help from the far right-wing element of the GOP.

This whole line of "everything is the fault of the other guys" just perpetuates it. The truth is that "none is without sin" and everyone - regardless of party of affiliation - needs to be held accountable - imho.

10015161_10153950200310298_424984328_n.jpg

Gore's inner crazed sex poodle made him do it.

This whole line of "everything is the fault of the other guys" just perpetuates it. The truth is that "none is without sin" and everyone - regardless of party of affiliation - needs to be held accountable - imho.

Democrap Care IS NOT the fault of the GOP.

Why is it necessary to have "bipartisanship" when the real issue is partisanship principles.
Most Dems ONLY principle is the ruling by government of the many by the few.
Most conservatives and some GOP principle is best illustrated with this statement..
"Feed a person a fish you feed them for a day... teach the person to fish and you feed them for a lifetime".

The laws of physics and economics that a rising tide raises all boats is the premise that most of us conservatives and a few GOP have seen come true!
Personally my company I struggled to start 10 years ago deposited the largest amount in our short history yesterday.
This was not done by the government feeding me for a day...it was because I gained experiences and translated that into my current business.

And my anecdote is not an exception but the rule.
A good business with hard work raised my boat as well as others around me. And that is the RULE not the exception BECAUSE the proof is in our economy...
That attitude was certainly prevalent in the early days of capitalism i.e. when the GDP in

GDPPopulationGDP per capita
  • 1800 $ 12,987 5,297,000 $ 1,396
  • 1900 $ 422,843 76,094,000 $ 5,556
  • 2009 $12,987,400 307,483,000 $ 42,247
Measuring Worth - GDP result.

Last edited:
Obama's, "my way or the highway" strategy has cemented partisanship politics for at least this generation.
No discussion was even allowed on the ACA bill before it was rammed through on a pure partisan vote.
No one had even read the Bill and that should be enough to get every Democrat voted out of office.

Obama's, "my way or the highway" strategy has cemented partisanship politics for at least this generation.
No discussion was even allowed on the ACA bill before it was rammed through on a pure partisan vote.
No one had even read the Bill and that should be enough to get every Democrat voted out of office.

:clap::clap::clap:

Now I'm going down to my Supervisor Of Elections Office and change from NPA to Republican just so I can vote against the incumbent in the Primaries. I still hate the Republican Party, it's just that I hate the Democrat Party much worse. I may not always vote for the Republican, but I'll never vote for a Democrat.

Forgotten the incredible bile and hatred that were blasted at Reagan, have we?

No I didn'tforget. But Tip O'Neill had no personal animosity toward Reagan and never called him "the enemy" like the Macaca in the WH has done to Republicans

Democrap Care IS NOT the fault of the GOP.

So you are saying that "democrap Care" was the beginning of partisanship?????

Really????

Yes, the two parties were in harmony before the election of 2000. The impeachment of Clinton was one big lovefest.

Forum List

Back