Who can remember the Bicentennial in 76?

You people are old.
And I've had a full enjoyable life my friend. And a hell of a lot left.

You people are going to need us Baby Boomers until we're 99, sucking the Boomers tit dry.

Doubt a lot of younger people will say that as the sun is setting decades from now. I see a shitty life for yalls.

All I hear from you is, "Blah, blah, blah. I'm old, and poop myself." :tongue-44:

44 yrs have passed. Hard to believe. Too much time on our hands yet never enough of it.

About a month ago I was looking thru a box of my comic book collection...I ran across "Concrete celebrates earth day 1990" & I thought...WOW, that was 30 years ago...where did the time go?

That must have been cool. Tell us of your memorable adventures there if you can remember them. Lol.

Well as far as remembering the 4th the ex-pats made sure I did not retain to much of the day... I was told that my money was no good and they bought every drink I consumed... I was a 22 year old Hoosier hilljack and I was treated like a king... The gentlemen I had gone to Paris with was out doing touristy things... I couldn't have been happier with my choice... It was a great day...
Actually that was my best experience in Paris... The French were not all that friendly towards soldier boys from the United States... That's all right I didn't like them very much either... I had been in Frankfurt at the 21st Replacement Battalion, but not around the city... First thing I noticed about Paris was it was clean, at least where I went... The Paris Metro was spotless... It was just an issue about us being from the USA that kind of put a damper on the trip...

1976 was a great year in a great decade. I wrote an essay about the bicentennial for a high school contest sponsored by the local VFW. I won a $25.00 US Savings Bond. I remember the fireworks in my hometown and all the townsfolk that came out. It was a great time.

I read not many people showed up in Philadelphia to celebrate the Bicentennial in 1976 because of Rizzo

I had just graduated college a month before July 4th 1976. But really the Bicentennial celebration began January 1st and kept building until we hit the 4th. Great year, although I've hated how screwed up our coins have been ever since. Hard to believe the 250th is just around the corner. It should be even better.

Forum List

Back