Who Is Excited About The Employment Report?

Only naïve people or ones that have LOW standards. If we were doing good, people wouldn't be going around begging for more artificial wages.

Just a realist....you on the other hand buy into it. That speaks volumes

Of course. It speaks volumes of shit that you make up in your tiny brain.

The data is calculated in the same way as it has been calculated find decades. The economy is improving. Isn't it just horrible!

Yes...... and do you know how it's calculated? (psst: no you don't). Because if you did, you would know that the report routinely as a matter of practice, adds in estimates,
Technically, all the data are estimates. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Surely you don't think a full count could be done every month?

plus they ignore the quality of the jobs. You can fire one engineer worth $100,000 a year, and higher 5 low wage warehouse workers earning $20,000 each, and the jobs report would boast "jobs created!" even while we are getting worse off.
How do you measure that in the aggregate. And are you really saying the 5 warehouse workers are worse off with a job than without?

Last edited:
Everyone ready for more right wing whines about labor participation rate?

The BLS releases employment data for March in a few minutes. Anyone hoping for a strong showing? How close to 300,000 new jobs did we get?

Who's ready to celebrate?
Those are shitty numbers my, the bar has been set low. Lol

Everyone ready for more right wing whines about labor participation rate?
Labor Force participation went up. Those Not in the Labor Force went down. No, the whiners will switch to the UE rate, which went up.
Highlights:
Employment Situation 1 April, 2016
Establishment data (B tables)
Change in Nonfarm payroll jobs: From Feb 2016 (seasonally adjusted): +215,000
Change in Average hourly earnings:+$0.07
Change in Average weekly earnings:+$2.41

Household data (A tables)
Change in Labor Force: +396,000
Change in Labor Force Participation Rate: +0.1 percentage points
Change in Employment:+246,000
Change in Employment-Population Ratio: +0.1 percentage points
Change in Unemployment:+151,000
Change in Unemployment Rate: +.1 percentage points
Change in Not in the Labor Force:-206,000
Change in Discouraged Workers:-14,000
Change in Full time employees:+241,000
Change in Part time employees:-35,000

Although no one is against job growth I find is slightly troubling that WalMart showed no growth last year. I don't think it is anything they are doing, I just think that the middle and lower classes are running out of money to spend. That and internet sales must bite into the profit.

I also find it disingenuous to praise the administration for the long time in coming job recovery.

Really !

Full time employees up 241,000

I heard someone this morning saying hiring for retail jobs which are low paying jobs was up....
And 29,000 jobs in manufacturing which are higher paying jobs were lost....

So in Obmaland his supporters will be saying that the Obama economy
is thriving.

I heard someone this morning saying hiring for retail jobs which are low paying jobs was up....
And 29,000 jobs in manufacturing which are higher paying jobs were lost....

So in Obmaland his supporters will be saying that the Obama economy
is thriving.
Yet wages are UP this month

The earnings report for companies is a few weeks away and I would like to see the GDP report for the first quarter
before I start to get that Chris Mathews tingle in my lower region.

Your team is usually screaming that most of the jobs were part time

Full time employment UP 241,000
Part time employment DOWN 35,000

Not too shabby

Just a realist....you on the other hand buy into it. That speaks volumes

Of course. It speaks volumes of shit that you make up in your tiny brain.

The data is calculated in the same way as it has been calculated find decades. The economy is improving. Isn't it just horrible!

Yes...... and do you know how it's calculated? (psst: no you don't). Because if you did, you would know that the report routinely as a matter of practice, adds in estimates, plus they ignore the quality of the jobs. You can fire one engineer worth $100,000 a year, and higher 5 low wage warehouse workers earning $20,000 each, and the jobs report would boast "jobs created!" even while we are getting worse off.

People who make a big deal out of this, are ignorant people engaged in partisan politics.

They tend to forget the jobs report when Bush is in office, and then pop out of their rock covered holes in the ground, when their guy is in office.

The only thing we can really glean from the jobs report is, whatever it says, we should have been far far beyond where we are by now. This has been the most pathetic recovery from a recession since the great depression. Thanks Obama. Good job blowing billions to accomplish this under achievement.
So you have a ditch digging job?

Not quite. I earn about $11/hr. $21,000 a year. I don't get 40 hours, because my company doesn't want to have to pay the Obama Care tax. So I am no longer 'full time'.
Do you want to work full time? If so, you're among a small minority of workers, 4% of those who work part time for economic reasons.

By the way, that figure is down from 6% since Obama became president.

We need to have GDP up much higher or we are stagnating....
I know Obama fluffers get really really pissed every time these reports come out because
they want everyone to get on board and kiss Obama's ass.
Well until we get much better numbers that ain't gonna happen....
An unprecedented 66 consecutive months of job growth ... totaling 13.4 million jobs ... an average of 203,000 jobs added every month for the last 66 consecutive months ...

... how much better could it have been?

Just a realist....
No, a nattering nabob of negativity.

Maybe you can explain how the jobs report isn't BS? There are nearly 90 million people out of the work force, do the math, dumbass.

You're worthless
And yet, here in reality, the vast majority of those not in the labor force -- choose not to be in the labor force.

The number of those not in the labor force but want a job now, is 5.7 million, the lowest it's been since Obama's been president. How come you can't celebrate good news when there's a Democrat in the White House? I have no doubt you'd be doing cartwheels over these numbers if a Republican was president.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Just a realist....
No, a nattering nabob of negativity.

Maybe you can explain how the jobs report isn't BS? There are nearly 90 million people out of the work force, do the math, dumbass.
There are 93,914,000 people Not in the Labor Force...meaning they are neither working nor trying to get a job.

Most (88,468,000) say they did not want a job in March.

3,114,000 say they want a job but did absolutely nothing to get a job in the last year...not a single resume, application, want ad, interview, etc.

613,000 said they wanted a job and had looked in the last year but not the last month, but they couldn't have started work in March even if they had been offered one.

1,135,000 said they wanted a job in March...could have started work if offered...and had looked for work in the last year but not the last month and stopped looking because they had to take care of family, or were in school, or were sick or injured, or had some other personal reason.

585,000 say they stopped looking because they don't think there are any jobs available or they would face discrimination.
A-38. Persons not in the labor force by desire and availability for work, age, and sex

Why, what significance are you attaching to these people?

Lets not be delusional, those numbers suck... Always will under a progressive government. Lol

Forum List

Back