Who is Shopping Thanksgiving Day?

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
More and more stores are opening on Thanksgiving Day,

Just wondering who is going shopping that day?

Who is shopping Black Friday?

Personally, I avoid the stores from Thanksgiving until after Christmas.

I'm cooking!

Great deals on Black Friday if you can stand mixing with the diseased masses.

it's against the law in Maine to be opened Thanksgiving for stores... the worker's appreciate having the day Off... one of the things they are ''thankful'' for, on Thanksgiving! ;)
As a Libertarian, I think that sucks.

it's against the law in Maine to be opened Thanksgiving for stores... the worker's appreciate having the day Off... one of the things they are ''thankful'' for, on Thanksgiving! ;)

Even grocery stores and convenience stores?

When I was a kid, my parents would take us to the local theatre and watch a family movie. It was one movie, ran three times, starting a 6 pm. It was the only thing open in town. When I hit the teenage years they had a convenience store open. Very quiet days.

I think it's gross that Thanksgiving is turning into just another shopping day for Christmas. Spend the day eating/drinking too much, watching sub-par football, and hanging out with your family and friends. Go shopping the next day.

I think it's gross that Thanksgiving is turning into just another shopping day for Christmas. Spend the day eating/drinking too much, watching sub-par football, and hanging out with your family and friends. Go shopping the next day.

I mean you realize these places wouldn't be open if people didn't want to shop those days right?

And there actually are people who don't have family around and such who don't mind working the holidays. When I was active duty my family always waited until I get home to celebrate holidays. A lot of the time that wasn't on the holiday, so my siblings didn't mind working so that someone who's family was together could celebrate.

No no never never.
I think all the stores should be closed. Grocery stores close at noon....One pm the latest

I mean you realize these places wouldn't be open if people didn't want to shop those days right?

And there actually are people who don't have family around and such who don't mind working the holidays. When I was active duty my family always waited until I get home to celebrate holidays. A lot of the time that wasn't on the holiday, so my siblings didn't mind working so that someone who's family was together could celebrate.

I think it is stupid that people want to go out shop on aday that should be about family and/or friends, not standing in lines trying to get another shopping deal. The day is becoming just another commercialized holiday. I feel bad for the people that are forced to work that day when they should have the day off. I am sure some people don't mind working the day but in my experience most would rather spend the day at home. We don't have enough holidays in this country and it seems we are losing another one.

I think it is stupid that people want to go out shop on aday that should be about family and/or friends, not standing in lines trying to get another shopping deal. The day is becoming just another commercialized holiday. I feel bad for the people that are forced to work that day when they should have the day off. I am sure some people don't mind working the day but in my experience most would rather spend the day at home. We don't have enough holidays in this country and it seems we are losing another one.

To be fair though, most who work those types of jobs are eager to have ANY day off. And then they wonder why they can't get ahead.

My siblings and I own a restaurant. I am a silent partner, but still now what's going on for the most part. It amazes me when one of our managers tells us that its the same 10 people every time things get slow and ask if anyone wants to go home early who all volunteer.

And those same 10 people of course are always griping about how broke they are.

And no, we won't be open on Thanksgiving Day. Family agreement made when we first opened. No Thanksgiving or Christmas.

All holidays have long since become commercialized.

People don't want to shop on holidays because the stores are open, the stores are open because people want to shop on holidays.

Ah, the old "we're just giving the public what it wants" canard. Right up there with "the check is in the mail".

Even grocery stores and convenience stores?

When I was a kid, my parents would take us to the local theatre and watch a family movie. It was one movie, ran three times, starting a 6 pm. It was the only thing open in town. When I hit the teenage years they had a convenience store open. Very quiet days.
I'm not certain about convenient stores..if they sell gas, i think they can be opened...the grocery stores are closed.

Forum List

Back