Who is Shopping Thanksgiving Day?

So you think stores are paying payroll and then hoping customers show up?

No. I know they are. And if you don't know that's how the world works you're a fool.

They don't need to "hope" -- not only have they already been doing this in prior years but the gullibility of the unwashed is well established already. If they opened on Christmas and put sales on you'd see the same thing. Nobody needed to "spend millions" to know that. It's as predictable as the freaking moon coming up. Get a grip.

Either way, you're attempting to blame the company for consumer choices.

If no one showed up, they wouldn't open next year.

And obviously you don't know shit. It's called focus groups. They had a store in Bentonville, Arkansas opened on Thanksgiving day 3 years ago, last year was the first year they went nationwide with the Thursday sales.

They spent millions trying it out in Bentonville before rolling it out.

You actually think it takes "millions" to open a store for a day?
What are you -- Rain Man?
'Bout a hunnerd dollars. Yah. 'Bout a hunnerd dollars".

Nobody needed no damn "focus group" to know advertising works on sheep. Look at Black Friday. Look at SUVs. You could put a stone on a chain and call it a "pet rock" and some schmuck will buy it. Market it well enough and a lot of them will. Just don't insult our intelligence with the old "we're giving the public what it wants" crapola. K? Nobody stood outside Mal-Wart's offices with demonstration signs demanding stores open on Thanksgiving, just like motorists didn't demonstrate on Detroit demanding the right to drive overgrown inverted bathtubs with insane centres of gravity. Didn't happen. The merchant leads; the sheep follow.

And no, last year was not the first year they did this; I was in a thread about it right here two years ago. So you're the one who doesn't know shit.

Why attack SUVs? They service a purpose in my area and many are unable to get to and from work without them.
If a lib drives a pregnant roller skate that gets 40 miles on a battery charge, they think everyone else should drive a pregnant roller skate that gets 40 miles to a charge.

It is called "tolerance".

Libs love to tolerate people into submission to their whackiness.

None of that was about what anyone "should" drive or "tolerate". Learn to read.

1233824085235.gif

No. I know they are. And if you don't know that's how the world works you're a fool.

They don't need to "hope" -- not only have they already been doing this in prior years but the gullibility of the unwashed is well established already. If they opened on Christmas and put sales on you'd see the same thing. Nobody needed to "spend millions" to know that. It's as predictable as the freaking moon coming up. Get a grip.

And obviously you don't know shit. It's called focus groups. They had a store in Bentonville, Arkansas opened on Thanksgiving day 3 years ago, last year was the first year they went nationwide with the Thursday sales.

Nobody needed no damn "focus group" to know advertising works on sheep. Look at Black Friday. Look at SUVs. You could put a stone on a chain and call it a "pet rock" and some schmuck will buy it. Market it well enough and a lot of them will. Just don't insult our intelligence with the old "we're giving the public what it wants" crapola. K? Nobody stood outside Mal-Wart's offices with demonstration signs demanding stores open on Thanksgiving, just like motorists didn't demonstrate on Detroit demanding the right to drive overgrown inverted bathtubs with insane centres of gravity. Didn't happen. The merchant leads; the sheep follow.

And no, last year was not the first year they did this; I was in a thread about it right here two years ago. So you're the one who doesn't know shit.

Why attack SUVs? They service a purpose in my area and many are unable to get to and from work without them.

It's one example of the point that industry leads consumerism and not the other way around.
I can't imagine a route to work that requires one, but the thread isn't about that.

Poor imagination you have.

More and more stores are opening on Thanksgiving Day,

Just wondering who is going shopping that day?

Who is shopping Black Friday?

Personally, I avoid the stores from Thanksgiving until after Christmas.

Nope, I'll be enjoying tasty food and wine with my family.

If a lib drives a pregnant roller skate that gets 40 miles on a battery charge, they think everyone else should drive a pregnant roller skate that gets 40 miles to a charge.

I own an SUV but I also own a Volt, both are useful in there own way. Closed minded people just form a stupid ass opinion based on a close minded bias and then want everyone to conform to their opinion as if they are some how superior in their bias.

SHOPPING on Thanksgiving!!!

Generations before us have sacrificed dearly so that we here today have one day of the year all Americans can devote to watching football pre-post-during an orgy of dining pleasure. It's practically a religious experience, for God's sake!

I own an SUV but I also own a Volt, both are useful in there own way. Closed minded people just form a stupid ass opinion based on a close minded bias and then want everyone to conform to their opinion as if they are some how superior in their bias.

Maybe you two should invest in reading comprehension classes instead of cars. It would serve a more pressing need.

So all the atheists, do they care if anything is closed or not. Thanks giving is after centered around giving thanks to a creator.

Seems silly to me that atheists would celebrate that day, it should be just another day to them.

Yes, because we live in a vacuum.

Thanksgiving is such a somber affair. Chicago Bears against the Detroit Lions at 1130 and the Chargers play later. It's all about the creator. Walter Camp is his name- if I remember correctly.

I don't frequent any stores that are open simply because the people that work in those stores are away from their families. They are only open because the assume that people will frequent them. Enough people don't frequent them and they will realize that it's smarter to shut down.

I don't do any Black Friday sales. I understand why many people do them. The prices drop on many big ticket items that cannot be afforded at any other time of year.

So all the atheists, do they care if anything is closed or not. Thanks giving is after centered around giving thanks to a creator.

Seems silly to me that atheists would celebrate that day, it should be just another day to them.

Thanksgiving is such a somber affair. Chicago Bears against the Detroit Lions at 1130 and the Chargers play later. It's all about the creator. Walter Camp is his name- if I remember correctly.

I don't frequent any stores that are open simply because the people that work in those stores are away from their families. They are only open because the assume that people will frequent them. Enough people don't frequent them and they will realize that it's smarter to shut down.

I don't do any Black Friday sales. I understand why many people do them. The prices drop on many big ticket items that cannot be afforded at any other time of year.

And even that -- the Black Friday prices -- is a myth. But as we noted before, Gullible's Travels....

I worked many a Thanksgiving in my career and I spent one memorable Thanksgiving eating a dinner out of a G.I. mess kit in the field. There is more to life than elbowing a bunch of maniacs out of the way to get a cheap T.V. at Walmart.

And even that -- the Black Friday prices -- is a myth. But as we noted before, Gullible's Travels....
But it does provide justification to purchase items that you might not be willing to purchase during the rest of the year.

Maybe you two should invest in reading comprehension classes instead of cars. It would serve a more pressing need.
Maybe people need to learn to be tolerant in all parts of their life and not so judgmental Of others and their choices.

Maybe people need to learn to be tolerant in all parts of their life and not so judgmental Of others and their choices.

blind.gif

There is more to life than elbowing a bunch of maniacs out of the way to get a cheap T.V. at Walmart.
Meh, some people seem to enjoy it. I don't go shopping on Thanksgiving (guaranteed DUI) but it seems like those people enjoy the competition and sense of winning, even if it isn't necessarily true that they came out ahead.

There is more to life to life than most things people choose to do with their free time.

Shop? On Thanksgiving day? Nah.

I've got an impending feast to devour with friends and family.

And moving towards minimalism, there's few things I need buy.

blind.gif

Pogo crying again, if you don't agree with her, she cries.

Forum List

Back