Who is Shopping Thanksgiving Day?

I once shopped during Black Friday.

There we saw fighting and madness, and I got injured by another shopper while everyone was going for a stack of TVs in the middle of a walkway in Wal-Mart.

Some of the lines stretched all the way back to the corner where the dairy and yogurt is kept.

Why? Libertarians don't believe in Family Holidays??

Yes, libertarians do, they just don't believe in the government using it's police powers to force businesses to remain closed against their will....

I will stay home...and eat left overs....and sleep, and watch t.v.....and post....

I feel bad for the people that are forced to work that day when they should have the day off.

Hmmm...in this country no one is "forced" to work....it is a choice...the business is not a slave master but an employer....both have the choice to work or to not work....freedom baby....

My time is worth a lot more than standing in lines for small savings.

BEFORE giving thanks to God,

Well, thanksgiving isn't a "religious" holiday...and some people give thanks to God for the days work since it isn't the Sabbath....and perhaps they need the money.....

The unwashed. A/K/A Mal-Wart's base. They are nothing if not obedient.

Oh, I get it...you look fondly on the days of the former Soviet Union where people stood in line for hours....to get a loaf of bread, every day....and that was it....

No choice....check.

No free enterprise....check.

Everyone equally miserable....check.

Yeah...a real lefty paradise, I can see how you hate Wal Mart....

I used to work in a hotel kitchen...every holiday....even the big ones....you do what you have to to provide for yourself and your family....

The only holiday I actually want off is, in fact, Thanksgiving...and when I drove a wrecker, I was able to get it. Since most of the other drivers wanted Christmas off, it was never hard to manage.

More and more stores are opening on Thanksgiving Day,

Just wondering who is going shopping that day?

Who is shopping Black Friday?

Personally, I avoid the stores from Thanksgiving until after Christmas.

I will be on call and will need to be near my computer. I went out the last few years and actually saw the opposite of things on sale! It appeared things were more expense.

Why would anyone go shopping on Thanksgiving?

I won't even go AFTER Thanksgiving.

If we haven't gotten it by Thanksgiving, it ain't gettin' got.

I feel bad for the people that are forced to work that day when they should have the day off.

Hmmm...in this country no one is "forced" to work....it is a choice...the business is not a slave master but an employer....both have the choice to work or to not work....freedom baby....

Just to clarify, it's not much of a "choice" if one is told that they are scheduled, and not coming in would be grounds for dismissal.

it's against the law in Maine to be opened Thanksgiving for stores... the worker's appreciate having the day Off... one of the things they are ''thankful'' for, on Thanksgiving! ;)
As a Libertarian, I think that sucks.
Why? Libertarians don't believe in Family Holidays??

He/she/it is not a Libertarian.

He/she/it is a sheep.

And will probably use a charge card to get those "good buys".

How dumb is that?

I've heard of people doing this. Thinking they're gonna get such a good deal, they charge it and then pay interest and they're too damn dumb to realize they've lost any savings by not paying cash.

:uhoh3:

Nope.

No shopping on Thanksgiving Day.

No Black Friday shopping, either, except, perhaps, the day's groceries, if that.

As to the rest, that's why God invented Amazon.

Just to clarify, it's not much of a "choice" if one is told that they are scheduled, and not coming in would be grounds for dismissal.

Its important to keep our priorities straight here.

Our first priority is to line the pockets of the 1%. While they're enjoying holidays with their families, the working poor needs to be giving thanks for the privilege of working a shit job for shit pay.

Our first priority is to line the pockets of the 1%. While they're enjoying holidays with their families, the working poor needs to be giving thanks for the privilege of working a shit job for shit pay.

When I owned my own business, I worked every holiday and gave my employees the ability to opt out. They usually opted in because our business was very slow those days and it was abbreviated days. I liked them because they were slow and I got a ton done. In fact there were holidays I'd tell people to stay home, I would handle it myself.

Of course.

Reminds me of the Christmas I went looking for a bag of flour. The person I was with was incensed that we couldn't find an open store. I had to remind him that THEY might want to be home with family, too.

The unwashed. A/K/A Mal-Wart's base. They are nothing if not obedient.

Oh, I get it...you look fondly on the days of the former Soviet Union where people stood in line for hours....to get a loaf of bread, every day....and that was it....

No choice....check.

No free enterprise....check.

Everyone equally miserable....check.

Yeah...a real lefty paradise, I can see how you hate Wal Mart....

Complete non sequitur. :eusa_hand:

Yeah, that's called having a job and paying your dues.

I worked holidays for years. I was happy to work those days. We scheduled our family times around it. I got paid extra, and holidays were always a walk in the park at work.

I got paid extra, and holidays were always a walk in the park at work.

In the hotel where I worked, they had Family Style Turkey dinners, and then on Easter the Easter Brunch and Valentine's day was a mess....but I worked them all and did what I had to......and found a different job....

That is how you do it....if you don't like your job...change it....find a way....get help.....but don't blame your employer....odds are....they are working too.....

That is what an education is for....and getting job skills....so you have a choice...made by actions you have taken to prepare yourself for difficulties like this....if you have no education, no job skills and no work experience or lack the work ethic, then you have prevented a "choice," not the employer.....

Forum List

Back