Who is the best QB in this picture?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
John Elway always did more with less than any of these guys, and he is my choice.

My favorite is Roger Staubach, and always will be.

15348916509002094019.jpeg

John Elway always did more with less than any of these guys, and he is my choice.

My favorite is Roger Staubach, and always will be.

View attachment 823013
This is a ridiculous question. It's not even close. It's Brady by a mile. It's hard to find a category he doesn't own the all-time record in. Second place might be Joe Kapp.

Last edited:
This is a ridiculous question. It's not even close. It's Brady by a mile. It's hard to find a category he doesn't own the all-time record in. Second place might be Joe Kapp.
If one doe not understand nuance, they answer like this.

Joe Money all day every day. Maybe you've never seen him scramble and make a killer throw.

He's the best out of all of them.
His comeback in the Chicken Soup Bowl was one of my favorite games he played in.

Tom Brady gets my vote. He holds nearly every passing record, and his 7 Super Bowl rings will likely never be broken.
The Pats had a killer offensive line for years. Brady isn't as good as Joe if the line collapses.

Brady's my #2, but it's Joe Money as far as talent and knowing what to do and getting it done.

Did anyone else in that group have someone they taught win a Superbowl?

I rest my case.

Last edited:
Joe Montana for me. Two minutes left and down by 4, I will put my money on Montana. Brady is the best of all time.though, there won't be another so dominant for a long time. He was always 3 steps ahead.

It’s not really a fair comparison. Joe was out there taking hits on a regular basis that would get players suspended and fined if the made against Tom.

I had forgotten how huge Payton‘s forehead was, how did he fit that in a helmet

It’s not really a fair comparison. Joe was out there taking hits on a regular basis that would get players suspended and fined if the made against Tom.
Exactly, but he wasn't running across the middle and getting hit like Elway, racking up yardage, and neither looked at the ref's and told them to throw flags when he got hit.

This one set all the records that they broke....Back in the day when if you passed over 20 times a game, you probably lost.....Except that he didn't.

frantarkenton2.0.jpg

Scrambling Fran introduced the running QB. Marino's rookie year was the best ever for a rookie, and he turned the league on its head with his passing, but I diagree with Montana that he was the best ever, Elway got to 5 SB's and won 2 of them back to back.

Scrambling Fran introduced the running QB. Marino's rookie year was the best ever for a rookie, and he turned the league on its head with his passing, but I diagree with Montana that he was the best ever, Elway got to 5 SB's and won 2 of them back to back.
There are intangibles involved in all of this. The rules over a couple of decades overlapping with the rules over a couple of decades more and the rules overlapping again. Defenses are not allowed to do today what was way back then and it is incremental. So, compare Mahomes playing in the same era as Randall Cunningham. All of those guys in the photo were great.

Forum List

Back