Zone1 Who is the Messiah in Judaism?

Have no idea what you mean using the board like a Quiji Board. Scriptures are words of the prophets. Christians read the words and interpret them just like Jews do with the Talmud. And, if people interpret different whether Jew or Christian than the scholars or rabbis of the 2nd to the 5th Century AD, then they are sinners. Yet, the Lord said, He is no respector of men and the scriptures are open to personal interpretations. You may interpret differently based on the Holy Spirt teaching you for your benefit. But, later give you more direction and teach you more truth of what you read. That happened to me.
Truly like a OUIJA board imputing a kind of MAGICAL MEANING to phrases. and words which
are actually imperfect translations; The Talmud is NOT what some here call a SCRIPTURAL
WRIING-----it was not dictated by the "holy ghost" It is memory, debate and
discussion. Lots of----virtually endless---HUMAN ANALYSIS

Truly like a OUIJA board imputing a kind of MAGICAL MEANING to phrases. and words which
are actually imperfect translations; The Talmud is NOT what some here call a SCRIPTURAL
WRIING-----it was not dictated by the "holy ghost" It is memory, debate and
discussion. Lots of----virtually endless---HUMAN ANALYSIS
I'm okay with people giving their opinions and personal understandings. The scriptures are not for private interpretations only. Everyone can get a different or more clear understanding. We can learn from one another as well. The spirit will help us to know the truth and the truth will set us free.

Cougar---this is your assertion "...... if people interpret different whether Jew or Christian than the scholars or rabbis of the 2nd to the 5th Century AD, then they are sinners." I am fascinated---
There was lots of writing going on amongst jewish scholars in the 2nd to the 5th Century AD---
but I assure you-----it is ---uhm GREEK TO YOU..........

Cougar---this is your assertion "...... if people interpret different whether Jew or Christian than the scholars or rabbis of the 2nd to the 5th Century AD, then they are sinners." I am fascinated---
There was lots of writing going on amongst jewish scholars in the 2nd to the 5th Century AD---
but I assure you-----it is ---uhm GREEK TO YOU..........
What happened to Hebrew during that time?

What happened to Hebrew during that time?
both Hebrew and Aramaic were used in that period of time---mostly
in writings----including personal stuff----like letters. Then there were ALSO
local dialects-----which got mixed in with the hebrew and aramaic and written
using the Hebrew alphabet

Have no idea what you mean using the board like a Quiji Board. Scriptures are words of the prophets. Christians read the words and interpret them just like Jews do with the Talmud. And, if people interpret different whether Jew or Christian than the scholars or rabbis of the 2nd to the 5th Century AD, then they are sinners. Yet, the Lord said, He is no respector of men and the scriptures are open to personal interpretations. You may interpret differently based on the Holy Spirt teaching you for your benefit. But, later give you more direction and teach you more truth of what you read. That happened to me.
This is the game these “Jews” play. They like to insult and dismiss any and all versus from the Tanakh that clearly give them problems.

Isaiah clearly calls this messiah king a “redeemer” in 49:7, as well as the “Holy One of Israel”.

Here is the real kicker, I am sure will make irosie91 and rosends squirm:

Isaiah 49:26
I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as though with new vine. All flesh shall know
that I, the LORD, am your savior, your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Not only is God saying that He is the savior and redeemer mentioned before when describing the Messiah king from David’s line, but also calls himself “of Jacob“, the father of the people of Israel.

God is saying he is the redeemer. The Messiah is divine, not “just a man” or “political leader”.

This is the game these “Jews” play. They like to insult and dismiss any and all versus from the Tanakh that clearly give them problems.

Isaiah clearly calls this messiah king a “redeemer” in 49:7, as well as the “Holy One of Israel”.

I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as though with new vine. All flesh shall know

Not only is God saying that He is the savior and redeemer mentioned before when describing the Messiah king from David’s line, but also calls himself “of Jacob“, the father of the people of Israel.

God is saying he is the redeemer. The Messiah is divine, not “just a man” or “political leader”.
It’s sad that people like Rosie cannot read nor comprehend simple words and concepts.

Judaism was never and is not a death cult as were the Greek and Roman religions.
and as Christianity is. Your life is a preparation for the journey over the River Styx
with your "redeemer" captain Charon ----aka Jesus

What are you talking about? In that verse in Isaiah (which is actually a continuation of the verse before) God discusses his role in saving the nation. Why do you connect this to any messianic figure?

Judaism was never and is not a death cult as were the Greek and Roman religions.
and as Christianity is. Your life is a preparation for the journey over the River Styx
with your "redeemer" captain Charon ----aka Jesus
A “death cult”? :cuckoo:

The Tanakh is full of death and destruction.

Death and sin is what our world is full of, thanks to Adam and Eve. The Redeemer makes the atonement for our sins, all we need to do is acknowledge that and ask for forgiveness.

What do modern Jews do for atonement? Do you still use the scapegoat? Do you still make animal sacrifices?

What are you talking about? In that verse in Isaiah (which is actually a continuation of the verse before) God discusses his role in saving the nation. Why do you connect this to any messianic figure?
The whole chapter is about the Servant of the Lord, the Redeemer….

You seriously call yourself a Rabbi?

Death and sin is what our world is full of, thanks to Adam and Eve. The Redeemer makes the atonement for our sins, all we need to do is acknowledge that and ask for forgiveness.

What do modern Jews do for atonement? Do you still use the scapegoat? Do you still make animal sacrifices?
Animal sacrifices were a similitude of the only begotten in the flesh who atoned for our sins. Interesting that right after that Jews gave up animal sacrifices. They know. Their pride just keeps them from knowing the full truth. But, they will when the Mount of Olives separates and Jesus with his wounds showing stands in their midst. Zechariah chapters 12-14.

Animal sacrifices were a similitude of the only begotten in the flesh who atoned for our sins. Interesting that right after that Jews gave up animal sacrifices. They know. Their pride just keeps them from knowing the full truth. But, they will when the Mount of Olives separates and Jesus with his wounds showing stands in their midst. Zechariah chapters 12-14.

Yup, the sacrifices where a shadow of the real thing, the Lamb of God being sacrificed.

Although Jews made these sacrifices they did not truly pay for their sins. This is why when they died they went down into Sheol, and not up into heaven. It wasn’t until Jesus died and paid that ransom and descended into Sheol and open the doors to heaven were those captives freed from Abraham’s bosom.

BS ^^^^ The jewish scriptural writings and LAW are accurately described and entirely rejecting
of filth and sin-----so unlike Canon law and Justinian law which both legalize genocide

The whole chapter is about the Servant of the Lord, the Redeemer….

You seriously call yourself a Rabbi?
Are you even reading Isaiah 49 or just copying something someone once told you?
Isaiah 49 speaks of 2 or possibly 3 subjects -- the first part is speaking of the nation of Israel, and/or possibly of the prophet, Isaiah, who is referred to as the nation he represents. And the second section, starting in verse 7, where it mentions "redeemer" speaks of God pretty explicitly.

You are very confused. Try reading the things you reference first so you won't look so ignorant.

Forum List

Back