Who wants to stop all this testing?

Who wants to stop testing because they think it’s only inflating the numbers of COVID cases?

• Total voters
All who voted yes are morons

I don't see any profit in reporting the results on the radio every 30 minutes. If someone's medical doctor has reviewed the patient's conditions and determines the information from a COVID test would be useful in determining their treatment plan- they should have it.

If not, they shouldn't have it.

Why?

We already assume everyone has the virus (lockdown/muzzle mandates). No need to test for it unless you are sick, right?
Why are you a moron? Because you don’t understand basic things even after they are explained to you. That’s why
How many people do you know that have covid?.....
6. Why are you changing the subject?
Because I can......
You can do whatever you want... but your choice to change the subject highlights your inability to argue the topic. That’s a white flag move... Just sayin
How was asking if anyone knew someone with covid changing the subject of the thread titled.....
Are you retarded or what?....

Why?

We already assume everyone has the virus (lockdown/muzzle mandates). No need to test for it unless you are sick, right?

Widespread testing gives us a better idea of how dangerous it is (eg if nearly everyone has it and few are dying then it's obviously not as dangerous as we thought). But the real value of testing should be to trace outbreaks, to try to stop avoidable transmission. That's where we should really focus testing efforts.
But when results take a week, as they do in Ariz now ……

It doesn't, didn't have to be so … stupidly run.

Why?

Why are you a moron? Because you don’t understand basic things even after they are explained to you. That’s why
Because I can......
You can do whatever you want... but your choice to change the subject highlights your inability to argue the topic. That’s a white flag move... Just sayin
How was asking if anyone knew someone with covid changing the subject of the thread titled.....
Well Trump's retarded, but that's really insulting to a lot of people

Why?

Maybe you suck hyena taint when it comes to explaining things?

If everyone is considered a carrier of the virus (like they are now) the only reason to test is to assess proper treatment protocols for people who are actually symptomatic.

So, why don't you explain to me why my position is wrong, and fuck off with your insults.
Saying everybody is a carrier of the virus is something that you made up in your fantasyland. Not something that is real. Another supporting fact of your moronism
You've got piss poor reading comprehension. Dude didn't say everybody is a carrier. He said everybody is CONSIDERED a carrier. That is absolutely true. The reason for universal lockdown policies is that even asymptomatic people can spread covid, which means that everybody has to be treated as a viral threat. Another way of saying that is that everybody has to be considered as someone who might right now be viral. And yet another way of saying that is that everybody has to be, and therefore is, considered a carrier of the virus, and therefore everybody has to lock down.

So the question is valid. If everybody has to be locked down anyway, why bother testing people who aren't symptomatic? So that you can proudly tell them that it's a good thing they stayed home, and that maybe they shouldn't have travelled out just to get tested for something that clearly isn't bothering them?

Why?

Widespread testing gives us a better idea of how dangerous it is (eg if nearly everyone has it and few are dying then it's obviously not as dangerous as we thought). But the real value of testing should be to trace outbreaks, to try to stop avoidable transmission. That's where we should really focus testing efforts.

Testing random individuals, college students, bums and others in need of the money, can certainly be useful in tracking the virus.

Why?

Because I can......
Well Trump's retarded, but that's really insulting to a lot of people
That's your retarded opinion isn't it?....

I don't see any profit in reporting the results on the radio every 30 minutes. If someone's medical doctor has reviewed the patient's conditions and determines the information from a COVID test would be useful in determining their treatment plan- they should have it.

You don’t see value in identifying positive cases so those people can isolate and stop spreading the disease?

Why?

Because I can......
The fact that you’re asking how your off topic question is off topic explains it all.

You don’t see value in identifying positive cases so those people can isolate and stop spreading the disease?

Everyone is expected to isolate and wear masks , so what difference does it make? If they were using the tests so people could visit their aunt in a nursing home, it might have point.

Not unicorns,. but scientists and all those with functioning brains. But we'd have to get infection rates back to those around two months ago. Before the economy "reopened."

I see your point ... but I don't think that will work ... we're already beginning to see round two of infections ... folks who had Covid-19 before, recovered, and are now being reinfected ... there's a very real possibility this virus will just go around and around and around ... we don't know at this time about SARS-CoV-2 specifically, but antigens for many of the other Coronavirus family members quickly disappear allowing the victim to be infected just a few months later ...

Massive testing and isolation if we want to be rid of this ... since getting people to WASH THEIR HANDS seems to be a failed strategy ...

Why?

Because I can......
The fact that you’re asking how your off topic question is off topic explains it all.
It's not off topic to ask about covid infections in a covid testing thread...would you like to run it by a moderator dummy?....

You don't see corpses stacked like cords of firewood in the streets so . . . survey says, "no!"

Why?

Because I can......
It's not off topic to ask about covid infections in a covid testing thread...would you like to run it by a moderator dummy?....

And why is COVID-19 talk happening in the Politics forum?

Why?

Maybe you suck hyena taint when it comes to explaining things?

If everyone is considered a carrier of the virus (like they are now) the only reason to test is to assess proper treatment protocols for people who are actually symptomatic.

So, why don't you explain to me why my position is wrong, and fuck off with your insults.
Saying everybody is a carrier of the virus is something that you made up in your fantasyland. Not something that is real. Another supporting fact of your moronism
You've got piss poor reading comprehension. Dude didn't say everybody is a carrier. He said everybody is CONSIDERED a carrier. That is absolutely true. The reason for universal lockdown policies is that even asymptomatic people can spread covid, which means that everybody has to be treated as a viral threat. Another way of saying that is that everybody has to be considered as someone who might right now be viral. And yet another way of saying that is that everybody has to be, and therefore is, considered a carrier of the virus, and therefore everybody has to lock down.

So the question is valid. If everybody has to be locked down anyway, why bother testing people who aren't symptomatic? So that you can proudly tell them that it's a good thing they stayed home, and that maybe they shouldn't have travelled out just to get tested for something that clearly isn't bothering them?
Jesus, what’s wrong with you people. Being cautious and treating everybody as POSSIBLE carriers is very different than the isolation/quarantine that KNOWN CARRIERS, would undertake. When somebody tests positive they can isolate to a higher degree as we have done during the shut down and contact tracing can be performed so people they were exposed to can be tested and isolate as well.

One is a safety precaution and the other is direct treatment/action

Why?

Testing random individuals, college students, bums and others in need of the money, can certainly be useful in tracking the virus.

I suppose. I still think outbreak tracking is more important and should be the primary focus (eg an employee at Trader Joe's get's COVID - everyone at Trader Joe's should be tested).

Why?

Because I can......

And why is COVID-19 talk happening in the Politics forum?
Because the entire thing is being politicized. Duh

Forum List

Back