Who will win the presidency?

According to Nate Silver, the odds are Clinton 51.8%, Trump 48.2%. There has been a steady trend to Trump for weeks now, and it is clear that unless Clinton scores dramatic wins in the debates, Trump will be president, but Clinton appears to be committed to continuing what has been a losing strategy of talking about Trump rather than telling voters what she will do for them if elected.
Its obvious that Clinton can't and won't get past what the voters see as being a liar and untrustworthy....Trump just needed to ACT presidential instead of a 5th grader and he has and its swinging his way. He has put Colorado,Maine and Pennsylvania in play all of a sudden 1 state Clinton had pulled out of,1 she never thought he would win and 1 she was up big in!

Too close to say. I think this first Debate will seal the deal for one of them.
Trump needs to do what Bernie & the others were to cowardly to do & actually confront Hillary on her time in government.
Hillary needs to stop screaming like she's at a school pep rally and challenge Trump on his flip flops.
I think Trump needs to stick to the issues and stay on message and only talk about Clinton in that context to draw contrasts between them. Hillary's only real campaign topic is Donald Trump so she will not be able to do this, and the contrast between Hillary screeching insults about Trump and his supporters while Trump talks about the issues will give voters all the information they need to elect the next president.
Neither who screeches will win, and both have done that in the past. The one who stays on track, points out the others lies calmly and moves on, will to do well.
I think both you and Hillary are underestimating voters. They want to know what each candidate will do about issues that are important to them and are only really interested in other things about the candidates in that context. Hillary has been focusing her campaign on criticisms of Trump rather than trying to show voters she has plans that will benefit them while Trump has been focusing on his plans for America and for the most part only talking about Hillary to draw contrasts. The trends we see in the polls tell us which strategy is winning.
Nope, that is one-sided and you know it. They both need to focus on their plans and convince the audience they are worthy candidates. Neither has done that, and I am not sure that either can do so.

Old news. This is current.

FiveThirtyEight election forecast shows Trump ahead
FiveThirtyEight election forecast shows Trump ahead
By CAROLINE KELLY

07/25/16 10:01 AM EDT

Political analyst Nate Silver’s latest forecast has Republican nominee Donald Trump with a 15 percentage point-greater chance of beating presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton if the election were held today, according to FiveThirtyEight.

two minutes ago from 538

upload_2016-9-26_13-40-57.png

Last edited:
It has become very close.

Tonight will be very important to both candidates.

According to Nate Silver, the odds are Clinton 51.8%, Trump 48.2%. There has been a steady trend to Trump for weeks now, and it is clear that unless Clinton scores dramatic wins in the debates, Trump will be president, but Clinton appears to be committed to continuing what has been a losing strategy of talking about Trump rather than telling voters what she will do for them if elected.

Now it’s 56%….

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 5.27.40 PM.png

Now it’s 56%….

View attachment 91151
One last brief, cruel flicker of hope before she plunges into political oblivion forever.

The fantasy that she can stand upright for 90 minutes straight is just that.
She'll be carried off the stage before 40 minutes. 100% guaranteed.
We're 46 minutes in, and she hasn't been carried off.

What do I win?

The fantasy that she can stand upright for 90 minutes straight is just that.
She'll be carried off the stage before 40 minutes. 100% guaranteed.
77 minutes and counting! Clinton is blasting away like an air raid siren.

What do I win?

Woo hoo! She lasted the whole 90, plus a few extra!

WHAT DO I WIN?

Forum List

Back