Who "won" last night?....A Dem.'s perspective

Governor Kasich came off as the sanest, unifying and experienced voice offered by the GOP.

FOX's unprofessional and calculated bad treatment of Trump, will actually boost his standing among those conservatives who have had enough of professional politicians. (If Fox can't "own" a republican, the powerful network wants that individual out.)

Third, Christie's performance was better than expected.

(P.S. As someone else stated, Walker is as interesting as an old phone book.)

Of course you like Kasich. He is a wuss.

And Christie? A lib ass sucker.

Whatever.
What makes Kasich a wuss?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Governor Kasich came off as the sanest, unifying and experienced voice offered by the GOP.

FOX's unprofessional and calculated bad treatment of Trump, will actually boost his standing among those conservatives who have had enough of professional politicians. (If Fox can't "own" a republican, the powerful network wants that individual out.)

Whatever.

He talked about helping the people.

Rand Paul's low swinging fruit / chldish comment about Christie hugging Obama made him look really small, too, to an independent anyhow.

Im sure to the had right it was like "oHhHh, get um!!"
I listen to a lot of talk radio, mostly left, but tune in to rightwing radio to see where they are at. Republicans, in general, have not nor will they forgive Christie for hugging Obama. I believe a recent Luntz panel on Hannity substantiated this as well. They have blood in their eyes over Chris Christie, he's not going anywhere.

What a corny and small retarded subject to even judge someone basedupon.

Obama helped Christies disaster relief and he was grateful. What are they, 5 years old?
Brother, that's simply where Republicans are. Partisanship rules the day. All else be damned.

Kasich / Dean 2016

No im not fuggin kidding. Let the parties unite for an orgy. Make love, not partisan bloodshed. All gay cabinet with plenty if lesbians.

Whatever.

Kasich is the only Republican candidate I actually fear. He's actually likeable and doesn't spew far rightwing rhetoric.

I thought Christie used an appeal to emotion to justify eroding privacy rights, which is illogical, and then using that bully pulpit made Rand, who had a sane and fair point, seem like an idiot..

Thats why debates are dog and pony shows. And Trump WAS unfairly attacked but DIDNT adequatly answer those attacks. His past is so deep that these things would only get worse, especially in a dirty Presedential campaign against an actual Democrat. Itll be a mud versus mud WWE extravaganza and really put the exclamation point on the dumbing down of our Country.

Trump, with his American Idol slash bully type appeal is winning over intelligence and sanity. All he has to keep saying is "its broken" and nobody probes him further and when they do, he artfully dodges or makes them feel stupid for questioning him.

Meanwhile, Hillary was kicking it with the Kardashians.......

She appears so presidential.
kardashian-hillary-clinton.jpg.cf.jpg

Rand Paul's low swinging fruit / chldish comment about Christie hugging Obama made him look really small, too, to an independent anyhow.

I listen to a lot of talk radio, mostly left, but tune in to rightwing radio to see where they are at. Republicans, in general, have not nor will they forgive Christie for hugging Obama. I believe a recent Luntz panel on Hannity substantiated this as well. They have blood in their eyes over Chris Christie, he's not going anywhere.

The fake FOX panel also liked Huckabee the best.

They were full of shit.

I also thought the hosts tried to Marginalize Carson and Paul.
possibly because carson and paul won't be in the next debate. neither has a real shot at the nomination, why waste time on them?
I dont mean marginalize in that they didnt give them time.....

I mean in the mean spirited fashion they brought yp their dirt. They seemed meaner to trump carson and paul

They were full of shit.
The Luntz panel on Hannity?

H

Whatever.

Kasich is the only Republican candidate I actually fear. He's actually likeable and doesn't spew far rightwing rhetoric.

he is likeable and smart....with no backbone. Which is why the left likes him.

I thought Christie used an appeal to emotion to justify eroding privacy rights, which is illogical, and then using that bully pulpit made Rand, who had a sane and fair point, seem like an idiot..

Thats why debates are dog and pony shows. And Trump WAS unfairly attacked but DIDNT adequatly answer those attacks. His past is so deep that these things would only get worse, especially in a dirty Presedential campaign against an actual Democrat. Itll be a mud versus mud WWE extravaganza and really put the exclamation point on the dumbing down of our Country.

Trump, with his American Idol slash bully type appeal is winning over intelligence and sanity. All he has to keep saying is "its broken" and nobody probes him further and when they do, he artfully dodges or makes them feel stupid for questioning him.

Meanwhile, Hillary was kicking it with the Kardashians.......

She appears so presidential.
kardashian-hillary-clinton.jpg.cf.jpg
Fux she got to do with anything

when Trump was asked what he would do about the muslime going to Moscow when he was forbidden to do so if president, i wish he would have said, "i would have a special forces/SEAL Team forcibly exrtaditing him in the same manner that OsamaBin Obummer was.., if necessary." :up:

They were full of shit.
did you hear his ridiculous answer about "asserting" fetuses' fifth and 14th amendment rights? batshit fucking crazy, and i'm sure it's going over well with the crowd it was aimed at

It is difficult to define "win" in these political debates.

As I see it, there are three separate "scoring categories," two of which should be fairly irrelevant but aren't.

(a) Did the candidate seem "presidential"? Did s/he project an image of a Leader that the viewers would like to see in the White House?

(2) Did the candidate effectively communicate his/her points?

(iii) Was the substance of the candidate's points consistent with what the audience wanted to hear?

Contrast Trump with Walker. Trump was substantively made to look foolish (failed to back up his ridiculous claim about the Mexican government, failed to justify screwing his creditors out of billions through bankruptcy), but got generally positive reviews because many in the audience think bombast is leadership. Walker, from an accomplishments standpoint, was one of the top three people up there, but didn't look very "presidential" and didn't score well.

I wish this were like a tournament, where the losers have to go home and leave the future debates to those who did well. Hopefully, once there is some attrition it will be contagious.

Looking presidential is superficial at best.

Will they be effective leaders. That is the proper question.

Notice how Bush became practically invisible in this debate.

They were full of shit.

As usual, hide behind derailing the thread to Hillary.

Whatever.

And that's why the far right nutters don't like him. He doesn't grill bacon on a gun. :)

when Trump was asked what he would do about the muslime going to Moscow when he was forbidden to do so if president, i wish he would have said, "i would have a special forces/SEAL Team forcibly exrtaditing him in the same manner that OsamaBin Obummer was.., if necessary." :up:

Why did you use quote marks when that's not at all what he said?

Forum List

Back