Whoopi Goldberg is an American

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
An American, just like me.

Good for you, Whoopi, always nice to see people refusing to give in to you-know-what:

Whoopi Goldberg Says She's American, Not African-American

Whoopi Goldberg is following in the footsteps of Raven-Symoné.

The co-host of "The View" denounced the label of being an African-American on Tuesday's show after one of the hosts made a joke about seeking refuge abroad due to Donald Trump's bid for presidency.

“You know what uh uh! This is my country,” Goldberg said. “My mother, my grandmother, my great-grand folks, we busted ass to be here. I’m sorry. I’m an American. I’m not an African-American, I’m not a chick American, I’m an American!”

Of course, co-host Raven -- who shared the same sentiments about labels during an interview with Oprah in 2014 -- cosigned with Goldberg and said, “I’m an American! I’ve been here too long to not just hold American.”

The other co-hosts and audience members fell silent after Goldberg and Raven's statements, according to The Grio.

Good for you, Whoopi, always nice to see people refusing to give in to you-know-what:

The co-host of "The View" denounced the label of being an African-American on Tuesday's show after one of the hosts made a joke about seeking refuge abroad due to Donald Trump's bid for presidency.

“You know what uh uh! This is my country,” Goldberg said. “My mother, my grandmother, my great-grand folks, we busted ass to be here. I’m sorry. I’m an American. I’m not an African-American, I’m not a chick American, I’m an American!”

Of course, co-host Raven -- who shared the same sentiments about labels during an interview with Oprah in 2014 -- cosigned with Goldberg and said, “I’m an American! I’ve been here too long to not just hold American.”

The other co-hosts and audience members fell silent after Goldberg and Raven's statements, according to The Grio.

The last paragraph is hilarious.

LOL! Here's another good one from Whoopi, referencing Jerry Seinfeld's whining:

"If you feel like it’s too hard to be funny without perhaps offending somebody, maybe you should find different stuff."

"If you feel like it’s too hard to be funny without perhaps offending somebody, maybe you should find different stuff."
what a limp wristed thing to say

Why do I care that the racist Whoopi knows she is American ?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

I remember one time on Hollywood Squares and Whoopi had a contestant from South Africa on there and she ask about what he considered himself was it African or American?

He replied he was now African American and the guy was white and the other contestant was Black and you could see the look in the other contestant eyes that he thought the comment was wrong but Whoopi stated the contestant was in African American seeing he came from South Africa and is now American.

I had never forgotten that one and she and Raven both are correct that they are American and not African American...

I thought it was awesome. I like Seinfeld, but that was a total burn.

I thought it was awesome. I like Seinfeld, but that was a total burn.
yea, if you are a limp wrist.
"I thought it was awesome"
see above.

Will she demand other black people drop the African part of African American? How about Irish Americans??????????????????????????????????????????????

Will she demand other black people drop the African part of African American? How about Irish Americans??????????????????????????????????????????????
She is a lefty..so probably..

Except that Seinfeld was speaking for comedians in general. He's one of the least offensive comedians alive. He never even curses.

So then we should excuse her endless filthy speeches and performances saying the most vulgar things about Bush and other political figures who do not agree with her extreme leftist views? Because she is now an American. ok.

Except that Seinfeld was speaking for comedians in general. He's one of the least offensive comedians alive. He never even curses.
It was still whining. He was saying he wouldn't play college campuses because the students were too PC when in reality he's too old for them. hahahahahahahaha

So then we should excuse her endless filthy speeches and performances saying the most vulgar things about Bush and other political figures who do not agree with her extreme leftist views? Because she is now an American. ok.
Ask the OP, not me. He probably agrees with her that Roman Polanski didn't commit rape.

It was still whining. He was saying he wouldn't play college campuses because the students were too PC when in reality he's too old for them. hahahahahahahaha

He doesn't play college campuses because no huge comedians do, and he's still one of the biggest comedians in the world.

And to say "you should find different stuff"? Some of the most well-respected comedians in the world are "offensive". Guess who had to find different stuff? Whoopi. That different stuff was a career outside of comedy.

If you call yourself an African American, you aren't an American.

Forum List

Back