Who's Your Favorite Classic Rock Band Of All Time?

Favorite Classic Rock Band?

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Eagles

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Van Halen

• ZZ Top

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Black Sabbath

• Fleetwood Mac

• Cream

• Styx

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
Listen, if you're gonna insist on playing "Graffitti" tunes,
at least play some I'm not sick of, like...

or this one...

or how 'bout this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
THE WHO

Because they were so diverse in their sound, John Entwhistle was an absolute genius on bass, and their songs have lasted the test of time moreso than most of the others. So great.
There are still those who swear the greatest baseball player was Babe Ruth, the greatest quarterback was Johnny Unitas and the greatest live album of all time, was "Live at Leeds".

I just might be one of them.

That was the second time I saw them live. Great show.
My buddy was at that concert. He said after The Who finished, people started leaving because they thought nothing could follow what they just saw, then this guy came on....

...and people were climbing the walls to get back in!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eonZv3HDyA0]The Road Warriors 3 - Ulster GP - NW200 ?_IRISH_?_ROAD_?_RACING_? - YouTube[/ame]

Gotta throw some metal in the mix

Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane

This song is soft-core but a great song.

That was the second time I saw them live. Great show.
My buddy was at that concert. He said after The Who finished, people started leaving because they thought nothing could follow what they just saw, then this guy came on....

...and people were climbing the walls to get back in!

Yup. That was the first time I saw Hendrix live and we were all gobsmacked.

No Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Kinks or The Who on the list. What a shame

Are you blind? The Who is right above your post!

That must because the Who isn't listed, neither are seminal groups like the Beatles, Rolling stones, Byrds or the Kinks. Not acceptable to write them off as "other". Those groups defined rock, and they shouldn't be relegated to a side note.

That must because the Who isn't listed, neither are seminal groups like the Beatles, Rolling stones, Byrds or the Kinks. Not acceptable to write them off as "other". Those groups defined rock, and they shouldn't be relegated to a side note.
Exactly, Pink Floyd isn't listed either but ZZ Top and Styx are. It's nice to have a post featuring your favourite Classic rock clips (even though some that are posted are not classic rock) but if you are going to do a poll, do it right.

Don't mean to go off topic, but for just a moment, let's get political.

I'm interested to know Ms. Gunslinger's position on this chick?

Unfortunately, when setting up a poll there are only 10 slots. If there were 500 slots then I'm sure that the bands you mentioned would have been listed. The neat thing is that I got to set up the poll with bands that I like (since it's my poll). I've never been a huge fan of the Who, the Beatles, Rollings Stones (except for the song "Shattered" which cranks), the Byrds, or the Kinks. Each has a few songs that I like but they simply aren't my favorites. Now if you would like to start your own poll then you get to include the bands that you believe should be included. It's really that simple. Have fun starting your own poll and have a terrific night. :D Oh ... by the way ... if you can't add something positive to the conversation then zip the lip.

Last edited:
I play this over and over today on my way home:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An4uDegHB8s]Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing - YouTube[/ame]

It starts getting really good at about 2:35. Great instrumental.

Exactly, Pink Floyd isn't listed either but ZZ Top and Styx are. It's nice to have a post featuring your favourite Classic rock clips (even though some that are posted are not classic rock) but if you are going to do a poll, do it right.

There is no right -- IDIOT! Every person has a different set of likes and dislikes. Go to a food buffet and you'll see 100 people pick 100 different meal choices. If you want to do your own poll "RIGHT" then move on out of this one and start your own. I hate complainers!!!

Last edited:
Listen LOUD - they really can rock and roll when they want to:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBa90UXusoM]Styx-Miss America with lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

I've never bee too much of a Styx fan, but this song from them rocks!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4]Styx - Renegade - YouTube[/ame]

Don't mean to go off topic, but for just a moment, let's get political.

I'm interested to know Ms. Gunslinger's position on this chick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3taEuL4EHAg

I actually like Kesha.. I know she leans heavily left but I'm also a card carrying member of PETA too :) To be honest, I park politics at the door when it comes to music.. if you're talented, I don't care what your views are... I love music .. that's all that matters to me.. Like Barbra Streisand.. I know a lot of conservatives hate her but she's so fucking talented it's sick.. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

There is no right IDIOT! Every person has a different set of likes and dislikes. Go to a food buffet and you'll see 100 people pick 100 different meal choices. If you want to do your own poll "RIGHT" then move on out of this one and start your own. I hate complainers!!!
Maybe I should start a poll about the pioneers of rock and roll and leave out Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison and Chuck Berry. One thing about making a poll with only your favourite bands is only your favourite bands will be on top of the poll.

smart move :eusa_clap:

Wow.. Go the hell away.. You're a dick and all you've done is start shit the moment you appeared.

Forum List

Back