Why A "Good Guy with a Gun" is Bullshit

So, if I'm in an active shooter situation my other option is having no ability to defend myself.

Would I rather hide or hide with a gun in case the shooter finds me?

What a stupid fuckin' thread....

Just hope you see the cop or the shooter before they see you. It's how the phrase "circular firing squad" got started.

"So what conclusions can we draw from this? The notion that a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun is a romanticized vision of the nature of violent crime."
Gun and self-defense statistics that might surprise you -- and the NRA

If I find myself in a building, school, work etc' and there's a situation with an active shooter, if I'm hunkered down in a room and the shooter is going room to room, I would rather have my hands on my gun instead of not having one at all.
Now you can go ahead and not have one, no one is forcing you to.

gun-control-hall-of-fame-hitler-mao-stalin-cut2thetruth-jpg.36895

These were monsters who created police states and enforced military coups in order to achieve a dictatorship. That's not gun control.

They just all coincidentally started with gun control so an unarmed populace would be absolutely powerless to stop them

How do you think police states are created in the first place? By giving guns away?

"So what conclusions can we draw from this? The notion that a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun is a romanticized vision of the nature of violent crime."

If I find myself in a building, school, work etc' and there's a situation with an active shooter, if I'm hunkered down in a room and the shooter is going room to room, I would rather have my hands on my gun instead of not having one at all.

How do you know it's not the cops going from room to room? What if a cop sees you first, hunkered in a corner with a gun in your hands and they respond like the Cleveland cops who shot Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old boy in Cincinnati who was shot in less than 2 seconds after the cops arrived? Remember, he was a good kid with a toy gun.

So, if I'm in an active shooter situation my other option is having no ability to defend myself.

Just hope you see the cop or the shooter before they see you. It's how the phrase "circular firing squad" got started.

While I'm at the hopin I'll hope that cop sees the shooter before the shooter sees me and that the cavalry can arrive and neutralize that guy(s) before they come upon me. The shooter is there, you are there. The cops are not. And until they make it there and can enter, it's just you and them.

I think if people want the option to defend themselves in such a situation, they should have it. It's also more than likely that the PD is not rolling in silent but rather letting everyone know exactly who they are, at which point it's time to toss that gun on the floor or back in its holster.

People, unfortunately, have had enough exposure to know they should hide if possible, so I'm not seeing some guy slinking through the building hunting wascawwy wabbits, but rather putting his ass in the corner and his firearm on the door until the cops show up. I know that's what I'd be doing and I'd rather not have my right to do so taken from me....

While I'm at the hopin I'll hope that cop sees the shooter before the shooter sees me and that the cavalry can arrive and neutralize that guy(s) before they come upon me. The shooter is there, you are there. The cops are not. And until they make it there and can enter, it's just you and them.

I think if people want the option to defend themselves in such a situation, they should have it. It's also more than likely that the PD is not rolling in silent but rather letting everyone know exactly who they are, at which point it's time to toss that gun on the floor or back in its holster.

People, unfortunately, have had enough exposure to know they should hide if possible, so I'm not seeing some guy slinking through the building hunting wascawwy wabbits, but rather putting his ass in the corner and his firearm on the door until the cops show up. I know that's what I'd be doing and I'd rather not have my right to do so taken from me....

So you see, we really don't understand the circumstances of how these things are handled internally by the police or how they will unfold. I don't have a problem with concealed-carry. My b'friend has three concealed weapons in his car and frankly, I don't understand why the hell he has to have three. I just hope he doesn't ever have to try to use them.

This is the reality of being in an active shooting situation, whether it's a crowded store or a building with hallways and several levels.

So say you actually pull your gun out and stay in place until you are found? You have a lot of explaining to do when the cops arrive, and explain very quickly.
The least probable engagement an armed citizen can expect is an active shooter situation. But the main thing to know in the event of such a obscure possibility is if you manage to take the shooter out have the presence of mind to anticipate what the police will see when they finally arrive. Either lie face down, gun concealed, arms extended, or stand face to a wall, arms extended, hands empty.

The remote possibility that the cops might shoot an armed citizen who manages to take out a mass shooter is by no means a good reason to not be armed. What about the example of an off-duty cop who happens to be in such a situation? Should he/she not draw a weapon and look for an opportunity to use it?

More armed citizens is the very best solution to the rising problem of mass shootings;.

So you see, we really don't understand the circumstances of how these things are handled internally by the police or how they will unfold. I don't have a problem with concealed-carry. My b'friend has three concealed weapons in his car and frankly, I don't understand why the hell he has to have three. I just hope he doesn't ever have to try to use them.

Well, sure, there are a ton of variables that can change how a situation plays out. As we saw in San Bernardino, one of them is how quickly the cops will enter a building, as one officer was close when the call came in and arrived and then waited, justifiably, for others to show up before they entered the building. Delays in help coming can happen.

They could also be there lickety split fast or actually be there when it happens. In any case I'd still rather be the one deciding how I act/react to the circumstance.

And your B'friend has a gun for each hand or a spare to stuff in his waistband and one to hand to you to cover his 6. wonder no more....

How do you know it's not the cops going from room to room? What if a cop sees you first, hunkered in a corner with a gun in your hands and they respond like the Cleveland cops who shot Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old boy in Cincinnati who was shot in less than 2 seconds after the cops arrived? Remember, he was a good kid with a toy gun.
I'll take my chances with the gun over not having one. You do what you want.

really where am I lying ?
like I said "
never said I wanted to kill Reagan
another false assumption.
keep grasping at those imaginary straws,

Ohhh lookie, duhs is still lying.

Well, when you're as stupid as duhs, you don't have much else.

I just wish Reagans shooter had better aim. [/QUOTE] and you assume falsely that I meant kill the president.
guess the name James Brady is meaningless to you
James Brady
Former White House Press Secretary
James Scott "Jim" Brady was an assistant to the U.S. President and White House Press Secretary under President Ronald Reagan. In 1981, Brady became permanently disabled from a gunshot wound during the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan. Brady became an ardent supporter of gun control as a result of this event. Brady died on August 4, 2014, 33 years after the shooting. His death was ruled a homicide, caused by the gunshot wound he received in 1981.

[and you assume falsely that I meant kill the president.
James Brady
James Scott "Jim" Brady was an assistant to the U.S. President and White House Press Secretary under President Ronald Reagan. In 1981, Brady became permanently disabled from a gunshot wound during the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan. Brady became an ardent supporter of gun control as a result of this event. Brady died on August 4, 2014, 33 years after the shooting. His death was ruled a homicide, caused by the gunshot wound he received in 1981.

Keep lying scumbag, I'm sure someone will believe you.

Scratch that, not even you believe you. You just wish you could walk it back.

I just wish Reagans shooter had better aim.

[and you assume falsely that I meant kill the president.
James Brady

Keep lying scumbag, I'm sure someone will believe you.

Scratch that, not even you believe you. You just wish you could walk it back.

I just wish Reagans shooter had better aim.

why would I walk it back ?
I'm not lying.

I would rather take my chances WITH a gun than without one. We're seen the results of what happens when no one has a gun before the police arrive.

Just think of what the results would be if you had several people firing in all directions, in a blind panic because they learned how to shoot a gun, but they hadn't learned how to use it.

Hey moron....here are two good guys with guns stopping and holding four shooters for police....they were not shot....

Good Guys With Guns Intervene in Maine Walmart Shooting

Two good guys with a gun intervened in a shooting altercation at a Walmart in Maine last weekend.

According to WCSH in Portland, Maine, two bystanders legally carrying handguns intervened in a shooting situation on Sunday afternoon at the parking lot of a Walmart in Augusta.

Four suspects were taken into custody and charged with an array of offenses, including reckless conduct with a gun, aggravated assault, and drug trafficking, according to police.

Nobody was injured in the shooting and all parties denied medical assistance.

WCSH reports:

Police said the suspects involved were sitting in vehicles parked next to each other when an altercation arose. The occupants of one vehicle fired at the occupants of the other, which resulted in a return in gunfire.

When the shooting stopped, police said one suspect exited their vehicle to confront the occupants of the other vehicle. This is when two bystanders, who were legally carrying, interfered and stopped the incident, police said.

That's ONE. Wow, I'm impressed.

Now here's all the mass shootings in just the last few months: (The numbers to the right of the address are number killed and number wounded).

June 25, 2016 Illinois Chicago 1400 block of W. 114th Place 0 4
June 24, 2016 Kansas Kansas City N. 3rd and Walker 0 4
June 24, 2016 Maryland District Heights 3100 block of Orleans Avenue 3 2
June 24, 2016 Connecticut Hartford Brook and Winter Street 0 5

May 11, 2016 Alabama Birmingham 1400 block of 21st Street N 1 4
May 11, 2016 Illinois Chicago 7100 block of South State Street 0 5
May 8, 2016 Texas Austin 8600 block of North Lamar 1 3
May 6, 2016 Michigan Detroit 12300 Block of Gratiot 1 4
May 6, 2016 Alabama Montgomery 1300 block of Clay Street 1 3
May 6, 2016 Maryland Bethesda 7101 Democracy Blvd 3 3
May 5, 2016 Louisiana Shreveport 300 block of North Thomas Drive 2 6
May 5, 2016 Florida Miami 2108 NW 19th Terrace 1 3
May 4, 2016 Minnesota Minneapolis 16th Avenue North and Newton Avenue North 1 7
May 1, 2016 Tennessee Murfreesboro 1955 Old Castle Drive 0 5
April 29, 2016 Missouri Saint Louis (Ferguson) 400 block of Dade Avenue 0 4
April 29, 2016 California Oakland 3200 block of San Pablo Avenue 0 5
April 27, 2016 Louisiana Baton Rouge Kerrit Drive 1 3
April 27, 2016 Mississippi Kilmichael Pecan Drive 3 1
June 22, 2016 Washington Lacey 500 block of Dutterow Road 3 1
June 22, 2016 Georgia Dekalb (county) Lancashire Drive and Central Drive 1 4
June 22, 2016 Illinois Chicago 3100 block of West Warren 0 4
June 21, 2016 New Jersey Willingboro Mosshill Lane 0 4
June 21, 2016 Kentucky Louisville 2802 Rodman Street 2 2
June 19, 2016 Virginia Roanoke 2328 Melrose Avenue 0 4
June 18, 2016 Virginia Exmore Fredrick Douglas Road 1 3
June 18, 2016 Georgia Waycross 2625 Arnold Ct 2 2
June 18, 2016 Illinois Chicago East 79th Street and South Escanaba Avenue 0 4
June 14, 2016 Delaware Wilmington South Van Buren and Elm streets 0 4
June 14, 2016 California Oakland 1301 Franklin Street 1 3
June 13, 2016 California Fresno East El Monte Way and Recreation Avenue 0 4
June 9, 2016 Florida Fort Walton Beach Landview Drive 0 4
June 8, 2016 Massachusetts Boston 66 Washington St 1 3
June 8, 2016 District of Columbia Washington North Capitol Street and New York Avenue NW 0 4
June 6, 2016 California Visalia 33 60 South Fairway Street 0 4
June 5, 2016 Minnesota Minneapolis 8th and Humboldt Avenue N. 0 4
June 5, 2016 Florida Cape Coral 2600 block of Skyline Boulevard S 3 3
June 5, 2016 New York Brooklyn Mermaid Ave and 16th St. 0 4
June 5, 2016 Arizona Phoenix 8152 N Black Canyon Hwy 2 5
June 4, 2016 Colorado Denver 3600 block of Hudson Street 3 1
May 31, 2016 Illinois Chicago 3300 block of West Huron Street 0 4
May 31, 2016 Indiana Fort Wayne 6600 block of Pawawna Drive 0 4
May 30, 2016 Maryland Baltimore 500 block of East 43rd Street 0 5
May 30, 2016 California Sacramento 3900 block of 44th 0 5
May 29, 2016 Nevada Las Vegas 200 block of North 3rd Street 0 4
May 29, 2016 Texas Houston 13210 Memorial Drive 2 6
May 29, 2016 New Jersey Trenton 600 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard 0 6
May 29, 2016 Indiana Indianapolis 300 block of South Meridian Street 0 4
April 26, 2016 Maryland District Heights (Forestville) 6500 block of Hil-Mar Drive 1 4
April 25, 2016 Tennessee Nashville 400 Charlotte Avenue 0 4
April 25, 2016 Florida Miami 1506 Northwest 70th Street 0 5
April 24, 2016 Virginia Halifax 1055 L P Bailey Memorial Hwy 0 5
April 24, 2016 Illinois Chicago (Englewood) 2000 block of West 68th Place 2 3
April 24, 2016 Colorado Denver 1400 Block of 14th Street 0 4
April 23, 2016 Nevada Las Vegas 1650 South Hollywood Boulevard 1 3
April 23, 2016 Alabama Auburn 1200 block of Lee Road 83 3 1
April 23, 2016 Kansas Topeka 3732 S.W. Topeka Boulevard 1 4
April 23, 2016 New York New York (Manhattan) West 141st Street and Edgecombe Avenue 0 4
April 22, 2016 Ohio Piketon 4077 Union Hill Road 8 0
April 22, 2016 Georgia Appling 3162 Johnson Drive 6 0
April 21, 2016 Maryland Baltimore 4800 block of Frankford Avenue 0 4
April 19, 2016 Alabama Blountsville 81551 Us Highway 278 1 4
April 19, 2016 Illinois Chicago 2700 block of West 53rd Street 1 3
April 19, 2016 Illinois Chicago 1400 block of West 84th Street 1 4
April 18, 2016 California Long Beach 1200 block of E. 17th Street 1 3
April 17, 2016 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 600 block of Westmoreland Street 3 1
April 17, 2016 South Carolina Pelzer 200 block of Eastview Road 1 3
April 17, 2016 Texas Edinburg 5021 W St Hwy 107 1 6
April 16, 2016 Michigan Detroit 9500 block of Oakland 1 4
April 16, 2016 Florida Orlando 1100 block of Conley Street 2 4
April 16, 2016 Alabama Enterprise Baxter Street 0 4
April 14, 2016 New Jersey Orange Taylor Street 1 3
April 10, 2016 Wisconsin Milwaukee 76th and Sheridan 1 3
April 10, 2016 California Los Angeles 84th Street and Towne Avenue 0 4
April 9, 2016 Tennessee Memphis Mt Moriah Road and Ridgeway Road 0 4
April 9, 2016 Alabama Anniston West 15th Street and Crawford Avenue 0 4
April 9, 2016 New Mexico Albuquerque 2600 block of Mesa Drive SE 0 4
April 7, 2016 Illinois Chicago 2200 block of East 70th Place 0 4

Hey moron....here are two good guys with guns stopping and holding four shooters for police....they were not shot....

Two good guys with a gun intervened in a shooting altercation at a Walmart in Maine last weekend.

According to WCSH in Portland, Maine, two bystanders legally carrying handguns intervened in a shooting situation on Sunday afternoon at the parking lot of a Walmart in Augusta.

Four suspects were taken into custody and charged with an array of offenses, including reckless conduct with a gun, aggravated assault, and drug trafficking, according to police.

WCSH reports:

Police said the suspects involved were sitting in vehicles parked next to each other when an altercation arose. The occupants of one vehicle fired at the occupants of the other, which resulted in a return in gunfire.

When the shooting stopped, police said one suspect exited their vehicle to confront the occupants of the other vehicle. This is when two bystanders, who were legally carrying, interfered and stopped the incident, police said.

Now here's all the mass shootings in just the last few months: (The numbers to the right of the address are number killed and number wounded).

May 1, 2016 Tennessee Murfreesboro 1955 Old Castle Drive 0 5
June 8, 2016 District of Columbia Washington North Capitol Street and New York Avenue NW 0 4
May 29, 2016 New Jersey Trenton 600 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard 0 6
April 26, 2016 Maryland District Heights (Forestville) 6500 block of Hil-Mar Drive 1 4
April 23, 2016 New York New York (Manhattan) West 141st Street and Edgecombe Avenue 0 4

NONE of that justifies taking away a civil liberty , moron.

WCSH reports:

Now here's all the mass shootings in just the last few months:

SorryMay 1, 2016 Tennessee Murfreesboro 1955 Old Castle Drive 0 5

Sorry twit, those aren't mass shootings....those are shootings by criminals ....different category altogether...if you want a real list....go to Mother JOnes...they document every real mass shooting from 1982 going forward...

gang bangers shooting other gang bangers or hitting innocents is not a mass public shooting by anyone's definition...but you have to use those to try to scare people into thinking there are more mass public shootings...since they will see that term...mass shooting, and think you meant an individual entering a public space and shooting strangers....

Try again...

These were monsters who created police states and enforced military coups in order to achieve a dictatorship. That's not gun control.

They just all coincidentally started with gun control so an unarmed populace would be absolutely powerless to stop them

How do you think police states are created in the first place? By giving guns away?

By nuts like you allowing them to be first registered and then declared unsafe, and then banned......

Forum List

Back