Why an atheist

I'll bet your brain overheated coming up with that, dumb ass. Of course it is absolute truth, unless some unquestionable material change occurs to cause it to no longer be true.
I see you didn't watch the video you called silly.

IF atheistic evolution existed, then "Truth" no longer exists. Truth doesn't change.

Yes, I watched the entire dumb video. If tomorrow I say "Today is January 31, 2020" will that be truth?

Yes, I watched the entire dumb video. If tomorrow I say "Today is January 31, 2020" will that be truth?
If atheistic evolution exists, truth no longer exists........... IF

Not my argument, I believe truth does exist.
Your claim is not accurate. I've already shown you how something that is indesputable truth today might not be the same tomorrow. If you refuse to accept reality, then that's your problem. Perhaps you aren't capable of accepting the complexity of reality, and only percieve it as a child would.

I've already shown you how something that is indesputable truth today might not be the same tomorrow.
What, that tomorrow is different than today?!? LOL
What is true today might not be true tomorrow. It's not that complicated. You can accept the reality and truth of that or not. I've wasted enough time for now with someone who is more concerned with their silly talking points than with reality.

Truth is not unchangable.
Is that absolutely true? :laugh2:

I'll bet your brain overheated coming up with that, dumb ass. Of course it is absolute truth, unless some unquestionable material change occurs to cause it to no longer be true.
One can argue that our arbitrary assigning of months day and years is nothing but an abstract concept that isn't truth at all so using dates as a measure of what's true or not is a bad example.

One can argue that our arbitrary assigning of months day and years is nothing but an abstract concept that isn't truth at all so using dates as a measure of what's true or not is a bad example.

You're really gonna go that deep into the crazy lake? A 7 year old could come up with a better argument than that.

You're really gonna go that deep into the crazy lake? A 7 year old could come up with a better argument than that.

On the contrary only a 7 year old would think that an arbitrary record keeping device is a measure of truth

Morality and religion are indeed different things, but they are inseparable. Morals have to be defined, and religion points to who defines them. Truth is unchangeable, even though facts change. Facts rarely reveal the whole of truth. We aren't capable of fully comprehending all of truth. No one knows what happens after we die. There is a truth - but no one knows it. What we do know is that whenever we trust in other mortal humans to define our morals, corruption always follows. The classical religions serve to inspire us to seek beyond ourselves to find the truth. The facts do change, as more truth is revealed, but none will see it all. That is where faith becomes important. Without faith, there is no reason to exist.
Man, If I had a dollar for every religionist.. Buying into religious dogma is trusting "in other mortal humans to define our morals". All is manmade crap. The "truth" is we don't require religion to be either moral or happy. Also, we are just animals. We die and rot just like all the rest. There's no immortality beyond what's been recorded and what others remember of us. This is all good. Accept it and move on with your life. Just whistle. That's the key.

Also, we are just animals. We die and rot just like all the rest.
grumblenuts is just an animal, whatever that means - a body without a spirit ... that is not true of the rest for who might notice the wildlife are near pure in spiritual affluence.

that should be a different category, atheists that do not seek immortality ...
1621732510882.png

who would chose to be so dull.

Most people are handed their religious beliefs like an inheritance, something you are given as a family heirloom and never question. Consequently I believe that most of our everyday Christian beliefs are quite shallow. Even those who seem devout have never really given their religion the kind of attention it needs.

I come from a non religious family, with no religious relatives. Of course God was always there but simply as a picture on the wall, nothing to make it real. It was like getting up in the morning, you always do it but it hasn't any real meaning in your life.

Like so many high schoolers I began to question, but I began to question what I was not taught. Why was it that so many people seemed to believe in god and I did not? I began to read and would continue to do so for the next couple of decades.

I am not passing myself off as a bible scholar. Nor am I saying that those years were spent in intensive academic study, nothing like that. Now and then I would simply read books, mostly histories of biblical times that traced the evolution of Christian beliefs as events unfolded. The faith continues to evolve even today. It always seemed to be a question of "change or die", and change it did.

So unlike many true believers, who view the bible as a constant, I see the Bible being constantly "reinterpreted" in order not to fall victim to current events.

What the fanatics like fail to realize is that the Bible made less history than it followed. They go to "bibel collage" swallowing whole the dogma of their particular bent. Never realizing that the "never changing" faith they profess to hold bears little resemblance to the same faith of a couple hundred years ago. To question is to blaspheme and that is never good.

I am now finished questioning. It has been over for very long time. I still read now and again but it is pretty much over. Been there, done that. I have reached a conclusion and now all that matters is that I keep reasonably current. I try to pay attention to new thoughts but I don't need to constantly rehash the old.

I wish it had turned out otherwise. I really wanted to believe but I could not settle for blind belief. Everyone knows, or should know, that there is not one objective fact to support the existence of a god, any god.

I suppose, like most things, there are many routes to atheism. I have no idea. I only know a couple of people who say they are atheists. I know for sure that it is difficult for believers and atheists to have a civil discussion. I have no idea why that is. Perhaps because religion needs faith, blind faith, and it seems to me that an atheist must be a questioner.

Oddly enough, some of the best discussions I have had were with a Lutheran Pastor.

All I do know is that we should not put everyone in the same bag. There are good and bad people in every belief system. Some of the best folks I know are Christians. Some of the worst folks I know are Christians. As I said, I don't know enough atheists to matter.

So to all those of faith out there who use their beliefs to better their lives and the lives of others I say, "good for you". To all those who use their faith as a place to reinforce their hatreds and bigotry I say, "Damn you"!
When I was 21 I rented a room in an old house in Ann Arbor. At 3 am I was awakened from my sleep because I "felt" i was being watched.

When i opened my eyes i saw a bluish white glowing being sitting in the chair facing me. This was one of the few times i felt no fear of these beings.

He did nothing, but i pretended i was asleep until i actually fell asleep.

In the morning i went downstairs for breakfast. I mentioned it to the guy running the house. He wasnt surprised at all and told me the house is haunted but he didnt tell me because he needed the money. He told me nobody who currently lived there would sleep in that room.

This one time I wasnt scared (I've seen other demons throughout my teen years.

This one was different. I was just becoming a christian. This being was peaceful and I could see he was there to protect me and watch over me.

After this life is over I have no doubt I will meet him

Must suck to be you, knowing when you die, you are only worm food.. Of course if there is a God, then there must be a Lucifer, not knowing could be an eternity that you might not like.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals (crossroad.to)
Opening page - Dedication
“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
Christians LIE like Trumpists!
As LYING scum like you know very well, Alinsky did NOT dedicate his book to your God, SATAN. His book was dedicated to his wife IRENE, and it says so on the actual dedication page, not the FAKE dedication page YOU dishonestly fabricated!

When I was 21 I rented a room in an old house in Ann Arbor. At 3 am I was awakened from my sleep because I "felt" i was being watched.

When i opened my eyes i saw a bluish white glowing being sitting in the chair facing me. This was one of the few times i felt no fear of these beings.

He did nothing, but i pretended i was asleep until i actually fell asleep.

In the morning i went downstairs for breakfast. I mentioned it to the guy running the house. He wasnt surprised at all and told me the house is haunted but he didnt tell me because he needed the money. He told me nobody who currently lived there would sleep in that room.

This one time I wasnt scared (I've seen other demons throughout my teen years.

This one was different. I was just becoming a christian. This being was peaceful and I could see he was there to protect me and watch over me.

After this life is over I have no doubt I will meet him
Great story. Thank you.

I am an Atheist, because faith doesn't establish anything.

I don't have his phone number, e-mail or even vapors from this made up being who is believed to have created the king of hate and war, the tree of knowledge that is forbidden to eat from and do nothing for thousands of years while human have wars, pestilence and misery, with no end in sight, what a god!

Since there is no evidence that one of the made up gods are real, I don't waste my time worrying about it.

It feels so good to be a freethinking being, not beholden to politics, ideology and faith, what a life it is to be free of the useless made up crap!

Now the predictable replies will come storming in..... :cool:
Must suck to be you, knowing when you die, you are only worm food.. Of course if there is a God, then there must be a Lucifer, not knowing could be an eternity that you might not like.

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

I dont believe in religion because that was made by man to control man, but when i saw 3 of my children, those gifts from God, were miracles...
What makes you think you get unique access to heaven and others won't?
How arrogant are you know and predict the destination of others.

You don't know. You pompous godbotherers only think youre privileged.

I am an Atheist, because faith doesn't establish anything.

I don't have his phone number, e-mail or even vapors from this made up being who is believed to have created the king of hate and war, the tree of knowledge that is forbidden to eat from and do nothing for thousands of years while human have wars, pestilence and misery, with no end in sight, what a god!

Since there is no evidence that one of the made up gods are real, I don't waste my time worrying about it.

It feels so good to be a freethinking being, not beholden to politics, ideology and faith, what a life it is to be free of the useless made up crap!

Now the predictable replies will come storming in..... :cool:

I dont believe in religion because that was made by man to control man, but when i saw 3 of my children, those gifts from God, were miracles...
What makes you think you get unique access to heaven and others won't?
How arrogant are you know and predict the destination of others.

You don't know. You pompous godbotherers only think youre privileged.
Bwaaaaahhaaaaaa....Seems that you have a real issue with believers....

Forum List

Back