Why are "atheists" offended by "G-d" ?

If you don't believe that G-d exists, then why are you offended and afraid of mentioning His name? Why most we all bow down before you politically correct bullshit of omitting G-d? Since you don't believe in G-d, you shouldn't care whether we mention His name or not.
It's not the word 'God' that frightens me but the way theists say it with all seriousness. Because they have a strongly knit community that sees no evil in the baseless presumption of their beliefs as facts, which they further presume entitles them to impose their customs and traditions directly by law or indirectly by legally prohibiting all alternative customs and traditions. And when atheists challenge these oppressive abuses of power, theists respond as though they are the oppressed rather than the oppressors.

I don't think faith is a baseless presumption. Everything happens in life because of faith. We work because we have faith that we will be paid in the end of the pay period. We marry because we have faith that our relationship will work out. We exercise because we have faith that it will benefit our health.

My faith in God has grown because of my experiences with God. I've sought Him. I am not going to say I know everything about Him. But I know He lives. And I know He loves me. So I put my faith and confidence in Him.

It's because I have faith in God that I believe in small government. I believe the scriptures when they say "Choose this day whom you will serve." I believe we should be free to choose good and not forced to. And I invite people to follow Christ, not by creating some law. But of their free will.

I've studied history. I've seen the hand of Divine Providence acting throughout history. I've seen the evidences in my own live. The Lord has healed me physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally at various points in my life.

If you choose not to serve the Lord. That's your right. The only contention I have is when I am told that I no longer have a right to serve the Lord in the way I choose.
false!

If you don't believe that G-d exists, then why are you offended and afraid of mentioning His name? Why most we all bow down before you politically correct bullshit of omitting G-d? Since you don't believe in G-d, you shouldn't care whether we mention His name or not.
It's not the word 'God' that frightens me but the way theists say it with all seriousness. Because they have a strongly knit community that sees no evil in the baseless presumption of their beliefs as facts, which they further presume entitles them to impose their customs and traditions directly by law or indirectly by legally prohibiting all alternative customs and traditions. And when atheists challenge these oppressive abuses of power, theists respond as though they are the oppressed rather than the oppressors.

Please list all of those beliefs that are imposed on you via laws?

United States[edit]

Main article: Blue laws in the United States
Many states prohibit selling alcohol for on and off-premise sales in one form or another on Sundays at some restricted time, under the idea that people should be in church on Sunday morning, or at least not drinking.
Another feature of blue laws in the United States restricts the purchase of particular items on Sundays. Some of these laws restrict the ability to buy cars, groceries, office supplies, and housewares among other things. Though most of these laws have been relaxed or repealed in most states, they are still enforced in some other states.
Some states prohibit some forms of hunting in various degrees on Sundays. For example Virginia allows the use of hounds to chase wild game but does not permit hunters to still hunt on Sunday.
Blue laws may also prohibit retail activity on days other than Sunday. In Massachusetts and Rhode Island, for example, blue laws dating to the Puritans of the 17th century still prohibit most retail stores, including grocery stores, from opening on Thanksgiving and Christmas.[8]
Bergen County, New Jersey is the last remaining county that prohibits the sale of clothing, shoes, furniture, home appliances and certain other items on Sundays for secular reasons voted to keep by residents through numerous referendums. Paramus, New Jersey bans any type of employment except necessary items like food and gasoline.

Blue law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks you for the fine example of forcing your belief on another..
you have no way of knowing if rightwinger or any one else's life is "miserable" you are making a judgement based on a bias that your belief is somehow superior to someone else's.
that is the essence of forcing your god or faith on another.

Is your belief that there isn't any creator superior to my belief that there is?

I think you misunderstand atheism, or non-theism. It isn't that atheism denies any possible existence of a higher power, its that atheists are not convinced there is a god because there is insufficient evidence supporting that conclusion. So to us, the jury is still out on this case.

Yes, there are antitheists, but they are as dogmatic in their belief that there can be no god as the religious who believe there must be a god. Neither have evidence to support their positions.

Dogma is the enemy of learning and open-mindedness.

Im a non believer and i dont have to prove a thing the very fact that he /she /it isnt there is prove enought you believers are the ones who have to prove he/ it/ she is there

you are the ones making the claim

.if i say you hit me and left a mark i have to prove it by showing it( EVIDENCE ) you dont have to prove a thing .

if i say i saw spike to G-d last night and he has 3 heads is a fish and eats kids would you ask for prove or just call me a liar ... how would you know

i feel the same when somebody says they spoke to g-d i didnt hear/see it so im sceptical

Why are "atheists" offended by "G-d" ?

Why are you so afraid that you can't even type the word 'God'?

Your questions contain false propositions.

United States[edit]

In Massachusetts and Rhode Island, for example, blue laws dating to the Puritans of the 17th century still prohibit most retail stores, including grocery stores, from opening on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The public holiday is for all retail workers, not just the ones that are Christian.

United States[edit]

Many states prohibit selling alcohol for on and off-premise sales in one form or another on Sundays at some restricted time, under the idea that people should be in church on Sunday morning, or at least not drinking.
Another feature of blue laws in the United States restricts the purchase of particular items on Sundays. Some of these laws restrict the ability to buy cars, groceries, office supplies, and housewares among other things. Though most of these laws have been relaxed or repealed in most states, they are still enforced in some other states.
Some states prohibit some forms of hunting in various degrees on Sundays. For example Virginia allows the use of hounds to chase wild game but does not permit hunters to still hunt on Sunday.
Blue laws may also prohibit retail activity on days other than Sunday. In Massachusetts and Rhode Island, for example, blue laws dating to the Puritans of the 17th century still prohibit most retail stores, including grocery stores, from opening on Thanksgiving and Christmas.[8]
Bergen County, New Jersey is the last remaining county that prohibits the sale of clothing, shoes, furniture, home appliances and certain other items on Sundays for secular reasons voted to keep by residents through numerous referendums. Paramus, New Jersey bans any type of employment except necessary items like food and gasoline.

Blue laws? :lol: Laws that have been around forever? That's all you can come up with?? Seriously? You bitch about how religion is being forced on you via law, and you have nothing to back that up but old laws that have been on the books for hundreds of years? Where are the laws being passed today that is forcing religion on you?

United States[edit]

Blue laws? :lol: Laws that have been around forever? That's all you can come up with?? Seriously? You bitch about how religion is being forced on you via law, and you have nothing to back that up but old laws that have been on the books for hundreds of years? Where are the laws being passed today that is forcing religion on you?

The prohibition was repealed only in the 1930s with these "blue laws" being a direct consequence. These laws were not into effect prior to the time of the repeal of the prohibition, and if you think it differently I assure you it is only by consequence of your own ignorance on the subject.

Furthermore, Marijuana was outlawed in 1937, though I am sure a guy like you thinks it is highly addictive and dangerous... lol.

United States[edit]

The prohibition was repealed only in the 1930s with these "blue laws" being a direct consequence. These laws were not into effect prior to the time of the repeal of the prohibition, and if you think it differently I assure you it is only by consequence of your own ignorance on the subject.

Furthermore, Marijuana was outlawed in 1937, though I am sure a guy like you thinks it is highly addictive and dangerous... lol.

The point was that if people are using blue laws (which have been around before most here were born) as an example of being subjected to christian morals/religious morals, then their argument is lost. Atheists and other secular groups are always spouting about christians pushing their views on everyone via law yet can't name one current piece of legistlation that is doing so.

And if you want to kill what brain cells you may have with smoking weed, have at it. Just don't scream later that your neighbor should be paying for your electric, your phone, your rent, etc.. because you're not motivated or intelligent enough to go out and earn a living to support yourself.

The point was that if people are using blue laws (which have been around before most here were born) as an example of being subjected to christian morals/religious morals, then their argument is lost. Atheists and other secular groups are always spouting about christians pushing their views on everyone via law yet can't name one current piece of legistlation that is doing so.

And if you want to kill what brain cells you may have with smoking weed, have at it. Just don't scream later that your neighbor should be paying for your electric, your phone, your rent, etc.. because you're not motivated or intelligent enough to go out and earn a living to support yourself.

Show me one study produced by the scientific community which shows Marijuana kills brain cells. There is only one study I know of that comes to this conclusion. Based on your ideals, I can see you aren't much of a scientist, but it doesn't take much more than a moron to figure out what they were doing. In revelation of this fact, I shall continue. The government study which shows Marijuana kills brain cells is a complete farce.

How long does it take for organic matter to go without nourishment before dying? More specifically, how long can the mammal brain go without oxygen before its cells begin to die? The answer, as we all well know, is right about five minutes. Why do you care about this useless knowledge?

The study government used to show marijuana kills brain cells was conducted in this way: They had a control group and experiment group. The control group was hooked to an oxygen mask, which force-fed them oxygen for five minute intervals every half hour. The control group was force-fed marijuana through the same type of mask, in five minute intervals every half hour. How much marijuana were they given, you ask? It was the equivalent of five Columbian blunts for five minutes, every half hour. Being as you are more than simply naive on the subject, but indoctrinated, I think I should take it upon myself to expose to you the reason this is problematic for scientists. The reason is that the equivalence of five Columbian blunts exceeds the amount of air one can intake in a five minute span. In layman's terms, these monkeys were starved of oxygen for five minutes, every half hour through the duration of the experiment. Their consequential brain damage was not result of their intake of marijuana, but of a starvation of oxygen.

Don't believe me? I'm sure a guy like you does not, but don't take it from me. You can learn about how real scientists say Marijuana stimulates the growth and redistribution of brain cells, as well as a plethora of other completely stupid myths about marijuana here. The fact is, foresting companies initially started a campaign against "weed" due to the hits they stood to take in marijuana's cheaper manufacturing of the same goods we depended on them to create. In fact, the declaration of independence itself was written on hemp paper. This moral crusade was quickly taken under the wing of the Christian community who far and wide took it as an immoral action, widely under the pretense it was a substance used by the, and I quote directly from the propaganda, "degenerate races".

For five years I was a habitual user of marijuana, and would be still without the imposition of my job. Still yet, I would bet upon myself in a battle of wits to you at my highest moment amongst your straightest. Wits are not what you learn from other people, but learn for yourself. You may continue to ride on your band-wagon if you wish, you may think me an unmotivated and lazy illiterate should you wish to do so, but it will only be at your own misfortune to make such a mistake. Take that much from me, I have done my own fair share of ridiculing and avoiding those I looked upon with contempt. It all came back to me for naught. I gained naught by doing so, and naught was made better by it.

The truth is that the majority of law in this country was written by the masses, only problem being that the masses have been, and still are, widely ignorant. We delve too much into ourselves to better our communities.

EDIT: I only just realized my collegiate source doesn't go into the benefits of marijuana onto the growth of brain cells. I'll add a few sources to make my case now.
Identification of a Novel Cortactin SH3 Domain-Binding Protein and Its Localization to Growth Cones of Cultured Neurons
http://proxy.baremetal.com/druglibrary.net/crl/cardiovascular/derocq-01.pdf
Cannabinoids enhance human B-cell growth at low nanomolar concentrations
Identification of a Novel Cortactin SH3 Domain-Binding Protein and Its Localization to Growth Cones of Cultured Neurons

Last edited:
United States[edit]

There are no laws being passed today that forces religion on you,

but the OLD laws like the blue laws are still valid and as such are just as resticting as any passed today.
cant just discount a law cus it was passed many many years ago

United States[edit]

"The prohibition was repealed only in the 1930s with these "blue laws" being a direct consequence. These laws were not into effect prior to the time of the repeal of the prohibition, and if you think it differently I assure you it is only by consequence of your own ignorance on the subject.

Furthermore, Marijuana was outlawed in 1937, though I am sure a guy like you thinks it is highly addictive and dangerous... lol."
what he said!

what's funny is your complaint about the age of the laws is the best YOU COULD DO!
WHERE'S YOUR PROOF PROVING OTHERWISE?

ANOTHER FINE EXAMPLE OF CHRISTIAN FAUX INTELLECTUALISM ...and plain old ignorant assumption.

United States[edit]

but the OLD laws like the blue laws are still valid and as such are just as resticting as any passed today.

Thank you!! Now shut the fuck up about it already!

ANOTHER FINE EXAMPLE OF CHRISTIAN FAUX INTELLECTUALISM ...and plain old ignorant assumption.

Go smoke your weed dude, nobody gives a damn... :cuckoo:

It was about 10 years ago that Judge Roy Moore installed a 2 ton monument of the 10 Commandments in the lobby of the Alabama State Supreme Court lobby, and refused to allow any other displays. That is hardly ancient history.

It was about 10 years ago that Judge Roy Moore installed a 2 ton monument of the 10 Commandments in the lobby of the Alabama State Supreme Court lobby, and refused to allow any other displays. That is hardly ancient history.

And that forced you to practice a religion how? :cuckoo:

And that forced you to practice a religion how? :cuckoo:

It is creating an official gov't religion, or at least having one religion given major preference.

It is not forcing anyone to practice a religion. But then, that was not the statement I quoted. But it is, at the very least, forcing anyone going into that courthouse to consider one religion favored over all others.

But now that you brought up force and practicing religion, how do all the laws forbidding official prayer in schools, religious displays on public property ect, prevent anyone from practicing their religion?

Forum List

Back