Why are blue collar parents more authoritarian and overprotective?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Back in Middle School I knew this short thin girl who had a Dad who managed construction and was not allowed to watch any movie not rated G. She also said a ethnic slur one time without getting in trouble. She believed girls should carry guns and was afraid of inner city men. She thought they were all gangsters. She wanted to become a supermodel or a police officer.

Why are blue collar parents so ridiculous?

I hope she experiences movies like The Force Awakens and Guardians of the Galaxy someday as well as adopt more progressive beliefs!

Back in Middle School I knew this short thin girl who had a Dad who managed construction and was not allowed to watch any movie not rated G. She also said a ethnic slur one time without getting in trouble. She believed girls should carry guns and was afraid of inner city men. She thought they were all gangsters. She wanted to become a supermodel or a police officer.

I hope she experiences movies like The Force Awakens and Guardians of the Galaxy someday as well as adopt more progressive beliefs!
She was in middle school for god sakes! He raised her right. Not like a kardashian

How old are you?

I'd have her watch "Blue Velvet", and then explain the world. :laugh:

How old are you?

It was over a decade ago.

How old are you?

It was over a decade ago.
The girl should be an adult by now, making her own decisions. She can even watch R rated movies is she so desires. You statement about you hoping that she experiences movies like The Force Awakens, etc made it seem like she (and you) were still kids.

Forum List

Back