Why are churches either mostly black, or mostly white?

Well technically Jesus was probably of darker skin, and would that really be relevant?
Very relevant.
Are you saying we worship separately because no one can agree on Jesus skin color?
No. I was just trying to be funny.

The reason we worship separately has to do with vibe. Most Black churches I have been to are soulful, loud, and alive. The White ones are very quiet, serious, and uneventful. You go where you feel more comfortable and natural.

I have been to some very loud and alive churches that did have some diversity but not a lot. I believe different people like to worship differently, but I do not think that has to do with their race.
What difference do you think it is if not race?

Its the persons preference how they want to worship, whether in a quiet church or a loud one, but not all people of the same race want to worship the same.
Some people just feel uncomfortable being in a blended setting and I don't understand why. That can be church or anywhere..

Well technically Jesus was probably of darker skin, and would that really be relevant?
Very relevant.
Are you saying we worship separately because no one can agree on Jesus skin color?

The reason we worship separately has to do with vibe. Most Black churches I have been to are soulful, loud, and alive. The White ones are very quiet, serious, and uneventful. You go where you feel more comfortable and natural.
Birds of a feather flock together.

Same reason black and white kids eat at separate tables in most public High Schools.
Well thats changing at least where I live. The kids all eat together. My daughter is in BSU and there are 2 Mexican girls and a white guy that joined this year.
I found they sat together and were buddies up to Jr. High, but it changed between grade 8 and 9, when all the feeder schools came together.

Could have changed, I have been out more that ten years.

Shit, time flies.

I've been to a couple mostly black churches. I tell you, they do it right. Their services last till well into the afternoon. More seating at the buffet when all the white people have already been and gone.

Jesus wasn't black. He was closer to Arab than anything.
He was Black if he actually existed. He had several Black people in his lineage. I know the earliest known painting of Jesus he is portrayed as Black. Check out all the Black Madonnas around the world.

And we all know, if you're a little black, you're all black.

That's what the slave owners believed too, lol.

PS...nobody but racist loons give a crap what color Christ was. People who are theologically advanced/learned know his lineage pretty darned well and can come up with an accurate picture of what he most likely looks like, however.

But Christians who race bait with contentious garbage about the color of Christ are going to have some splaining to do when they face him.
That's correct. If you have a little black in you you have the choice to consider yourself Black. We get down like that.

I know thats what the slave owners believed. I have no problem with that.

Some people are very concerned with historical facts due to white people covering up so much of true history. If whites had not done this then I could agree with you.
I have to disagree on this.

Franco/African creoles are very prone to calling African Americans *******.

Fact of life in the Red River Valley.

Very relevant.

I have been to some very loud and alive churches that did have some diversity but not a lot. I believe different people like to worship differently, but I do not think that has to do with their race.

Its the persons preference how they want to worship, whether in a quiet church or a loud one, but not all people of the same race want to worship the same.
Some people just feel uncomfortable being in a blended setting and I don't understand why. That can be church or anywhere..
There is no "all" for anything. There are no absolutes. You are asking a general question but wanting a specific answer.

He was Black if he actually existed. He had several Black people in his lineage. I know the earliest known painting of Jesus he is portrayed as Black. Check out all the Black Madonnas around the world.

PS...nobody but racist loons give a crap what color Christ was. People who are theologically advanced/learned know his lineage pretty darned well and can come up with an accurate picture of what he most likely looks like, however.

But Christians who race bait with contentious garbage about the color of Christ are going to have some splaining to do when they face him.
That's correct. If you have a little black in you you have the choice to consider yourself Black. We get down like that.

Some people are very concerned with historical facts due to white people covering up so much of true history. If whites had not done this then I could agree with you.

What part are you disagreeing with?

There is no "all" for anything. There are no absolutes. You are asking a general question but wanting a specific answer.

Really I am just seeking others prospective an opinions..

gotcha.

That a little black makes you black.

Under Louisiana law, Franco/African Creoles can call themselves white, and have white on their kid's birth certificates.

In case you ever want to graduate, that would be perspective.

That a little black makes you black.

Under Louisiana law, Franco/African Creoles can call themselves white, and have white on their kid's birth certificates.
Thats what I said. You have a choice. Thats anywhere.

In case you ever want to graduate, that would be perspective.

Thank you so much! I am sure a spelling error will keep me from graduating :)

Forum List

Back