Why are churches either mostly black, or mostly white?

Blacks are concentrated in certain neighborhoods, thanks to progressive social engineering. People tend to go to churches near their homes.

Thus, churches in/near black neighborhoods attract black people who live there.

In smaller towns, blacks still prefer hanging out with other blacks. So they start churches just for themselves.

Even in the same neighborhoods there will be a more "white" and more "black" church of the same religion. Shouldn't both be able to come together under God?

They are able to.

White Jesus

Well technically Jesus was probably of darker skin, and would that really be relevant?
Very relevant.
Are you saying we worship separately because no one can agree on Jesus skin color?
No. I was just trying to be funny.

The reason we worship separately has to do with vibe. Most Black churches I have been to are soulful, loud, and alive. The White ones are very quiet, serious, and uneventful. You go where you feel more comfortable and natural.
Birds of a feather flock together.

Same reason black and white kids eat at separate tables in most public High Schools.

I understand people feeling comforted by being around others more like them. I just feel its taboo that people practice acceptance and such in their churches, but then cannot come together spiritually or in society although they may share the same religion, values, and beliefs. Just because the other person if of a different race..

Who says they don't?

You think because there are churches that are primarily black, and churches that are primarily white, that this is an indication that they aren't ABLE to come together?

What racist claptrap. People go to churches close to them, and where they feel comfortable. It has nothing to do with being *unable* to worship together. Blacks and whites worship together all the time. Churches work together all the time. There are white congregations, there are black congregations, there are Hispanic congregations..that doesn't mean they are being "unaccepting" or "refusing" to worship with people with different skin color. It means the church is drawing on a particular community. Since people tend to attend church as a family and invite their neighbors and friends...who are typically of the same social/ethnic group, it makes sense the churches are going to reflect that. There's nothing wrong with it.

Get a grip. You aren't going to realize your dream of forcibly bussing black people from inner city churches to Lutheran churches in Manhattan.

Well the basis is the refusal of the white Churches after the Civil War to admit black members, either de jure, or de facto. The current reason is a combination of this, and the frank matter that blacks and white, evangelicals in particular, worship differently.
Differently in what ways?

Look up a youtube of a black preacher and a white preacher and see for yourself.

I am sure there are some preachers who have a certain way of preaching that may be different, but not all white preaches preach the same, and not all black preachers preach the same.

Black worship sessions tend toward joyful exuberance, White ones towards reflective contemplation. Its not a judgement on which is better, but an observation.

White Jesus

Well technically Jesus was probably of darker skin, and would that really be relevant?
Very relevant.
Are you saying we worship separately because no one can agree on Jesus skin color?

The reason we worship separately has to do with vibe. Most Black churches I have been to are soulful, loud, and alive. The White ones are very quiet, serious, and uneventful. You go where you feel more comfortable and natural.

Same reason black and white kids eat at separate tables in most public High Schools.
Well thats changing at least where I live. The kids all eat together. My daughter is in BSU and there are 2 Mexican girls and a white guy that joined this year.

Very relevant.

Well thats changing at least where I live. The kids all eat together. My daughter is in BSU and there are 2 Mexican girls and a white guy that joined this year.

There are only two Mexican girls and a single white guy at BSU?

What the hell are you talking about? Speak English.

Very relevant.

I forgot. You are ethnically challenged. Black Student Union.

White Jesus

Very relevant.

I have been to some very loud and alive churches that did have some diversity but not a lot. I believe different people like to worship differently, but I do not think that has to do with their race.

You're the one who is ethnically challenged, obviously. Once again, I have to remind you..the majority of the world does not recognize ebonics as a real language.

Here's a tip, and I won't charge you...when you use acronyms, the first time you use them in a conversation, you use the whole word/phrase. THEN you use the acronym, after you've identified what the fuck you're talking about.

I don't see "Black Student Union" referenced anywhere in the discussion until you threw it in as "BSU".

These little tips I give you will help you in the real world, and will result in job promotions and a reduction of people looking at you as if you're a retard, speaking unintelligibly..which is what you do now.

White Jesus

Very relevant.

I have been to some very loud and alive churches that did have some diversity but not a lot. I believe different people like to worship differently, but I do not think that has to do with their race.
What difference do you think it is if not race?

Jesus wasn't black. He was closer to Arab than anything.
He was Black if he actually existed. He had several Black people in his lineage. I know the earliest known painting of Jesus he is portrayed as Black. Check out all the Black Madonnas around the world.

And we all know, if you're a little black, you're all black.

That's what the slave owners believed too, lol.

PS...nobody but racist loons give a crap what color Christ was. People who are theologically advanced/learned know his lineage pretty darned well and can come up with an accurate picture of what he most likely looks like, however.

But Christians who race bait with contentious garbage about the color of Christ are going to have some splaining to do when they face him.

You're the one who is ethnically challenged, obviously. Once again, I have to remind you..the majority of the world does not recognize ebonics as a real language.

Here's a tip, and I won't charge you...when you use acronyms, the first time you use them in a conversation, you use the whole word/phrase. THEN you use the acronym, after you've identified what the fuck you're talking about.

I don't see "Black Student Union" referenced anywhere in the discussion until you threw it in as "BSU".

These little tips I give you will help you in the real world, and will result in job promotions and a reduction of people looking at you as if you're a retard, speaking unintelligibly..which is what you do now.

No one cares what the world recognizes. We recognize it which is all that is required.

Here is a tip the next time you read a sentence search for context clues. I said "in" BSU. Not "at" BSU.

I dont need job promotions. I have businessess.

White Jesus

Very relevant.

The pastor sets the tone.

He was Black if he actually existed. He had several Black people in his lineage. I know the earliest known painting of Jesus he is portrayed as Black. Check out all the Black Madonnas around the world.

PS...nobody but racist loons give a crap what color Christ was. People who are theologically advanced/learned know his lineage pretty darned well and can come up with an accurate picture of what he most likely looks like, however.

But Christians who race bait with contentious garbage about the color of Christ are going to have some splaining to do when they face him.
That's correct. If you have a little black in you you have the choice to consider yourself Black. We get down like that.

I know thats what the slave owners believed. I have no problem with that.

Some people are very concerned with historical facts due to white people covering up so much of true history. If whites had not done this then I could agree with you.

Thats a mighty long way to say "racist goons"

Forum List

Back