Why Are IRS Agents Training With AR-15s?

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Just why are IRS agents training with assault rifles? Good question, but the IRS says it does not discuss this with anyone. There is no good reason for the IRS to have such weapons and I'd like to know when they intend to use them. We have other agencies trained to handle emergencies. Are they becoming Obama's private army once they are in charge of Obamacare? They'll have access to our money. They have control over our lives. Will they come after people who refuse to participate or maybe those who insult or speak out against the Obama regime?

Maybe allowing the IRS agents to be exempt from Obamacare will be a perk for being tough on the rest of us.

Why Are IRS Agents Training With AR-15s?
Why Are IRS Agents Training With AR-15s? | Independent Journal Review

Clearly the communist Obama is going to use the IRS to seize weapons and establish tyranny. It is obvious.

All joking aside, can anyone think of a logical reason for IRS agents to be training with AR-15s? That is quite a leap to go from crunching numbers and auditing tax returns to learning how to kill people. We have other agencies trained to deal with disasters. It is reasonable to ask why IRS agents are being trained in something that has little to do with collecting taxes. Is overseeing Obamacare the reason behind this or is there some other explanation? Lois Lerner has shown she can't be trusted and hasn't resigned or been asked to do so by the Obama administration. Something weird is going on.

They're not assault rifles. They're semi-automatic.

As usual, instead of making any meaningful comment of substance, you pick on either a typo, misspeak or other mistake and divert from the subject at hand. I guess you're okay with anything and everything the Obama administration does. I don't have that kind of trust in any government, regardless of which party is the majority. I think it's downright crazy to keep ignoring shit like this.

Last edited:
Clementine -

Perhaps start by establishing that the IRS IS training with assault rifles before you ask WHY they are doing it.

Just because ablog has reported it does not mean that it is actually true.

Secondly, I'd also check into whether it night have been some team building course for a few staff or some kind of recreational event rather than serious training.

Is overseeing Obamacare the reason behind this or is there some other explanation?

And in what universe does that make a lick of sense?

Something weird is going on.

Probably not, but you desperately need to believe there is, to the extent you actually suggest that tax authorities are going to police health policies by force.

In a statement, the tax agency explained, "As law enforcement officials, IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agents are equipped similarly to other federal, state and local law enforcement organizations. Special Agents receive training on the appropriate and safe use of assigned weapons. IRS Criminal Investigation has internal controls and oversight in place to ensure all law enforcement tools, including weapons are used appropriately."

All of this has the benefit of being true. Indeed, the IRS often investigates drug-trafficking operations, so it stands to reason officials would be well armed.

Duncan fears IRS firearms - The Maddow Blog

IRS Criminal Investigation Division - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Students & Recent Grads: IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agent Jobs with the IRS

437px-USA_-_IRS_CID.png

Badge of the IRS-Criminal Investigation Division

In a statement, the tax agency explained, "As law enforcement officials, IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agents are equipped similarly to other federal, state and local law enforcement organizations. Special Agents receive training on the appropriate and safe use of assigned weapons. IRS Criminal Investigation has internal controls and oversight in place to ensure all law enforcement tools, including weapons are used appropriately."

All of this has the benefit of being true. Indeed, the IRS often investigates drug-trafficking operations, so it stands to reason officials would be well armed.

Students & Recent Grads: IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agent Jobs with the IRS

It looks like we have our answer!

That's really interesting - I had never heard about the Criminal Investigation Division. It's strange - you'd think they would just use support from some other armed unit if they needed it, but obviously not.

Another conspiracy theory bites the dust!

Last edited:
They're not assault rifles. They're semi-automatic.

As usual, instead of making any meaningful comment of substance, you pick on either a typo, misspeak or other mistake and divert from the subject at hand. I guess you're okay with anything and everything the Obama administration does. I don't have that kind of trust in any government, regardless of which party is the majority. I think it's downright crazy to keep ignoring shit like this.

Yea I was being a dick sorry. Obama and his administration have been ridiculously awful as of late. I still lean towards thinking that this is just an odd little footnote (hopefully); but these things keep on piling up. :(

And for the record I'm completely against any type of gun control and would love to shoot an AR-15.

About 2,700 of the agency's 100,000 employees are sworn law enforcement officers (known as special agents) and authorized to carry firearms, spokesman Eric Smith explained in an e-mail. They enforce selected criminal provisions of Titles 18, 26 and 31 of the US Code, domestic and international tax fraud violations and violations of the Bank Secrecy Act, among others.

The agents occasionally execute and serve search or arrest warrants, thus the need to pack heat. The Remingtons are commonly used by other law enforcement agencies. Agents undertake the proper training and also attend refresher courses, Smith said.

Federal Eye - Yes, the IRS buys guns

Well you see, very soon the United States will no longer be able to pay the interest on the debt, which is when the IRS, who works for the Federal Reserve, a bank that is privately owned, will start collecting COLLATERAL on the United States debt. Much of that collateral will be in the form of the Allodials which the United States government sized for themselves along with the Gold in 1933.

In fact, the Federal Reserve has a LIEN on every item purchased with their notes (Federal Reserves Notes, aka US dollars), therefore the IRS can claim ANY item inside the United States that it wishes in order to pay the interest on the US debt, like cars, houses, and other valuable commodities. Oh yeah, and persons, because the IRS has a lien on our corporate strawmans, so we're all chattel to the Federal Reserve too.

Enjoy slavery!

(why do you think they want our firearms?)

Last edited:

That's really interesting - I had never heard about the Criminal Investigation Division. It's strange - you'd think they would just use support from some other armed unit if they needed it, but obviously not.

It's an ever occurring expansion of the 'Police State'. Before we just had the, that's right, police. But now everyone is/could be the police from DHS/FEMA to now the IRS :confused:

-Geaux

Last edited:
Just why are IRS agents training with assault rifles?

Because its the preferred weapon of tax protesting cheapskates.
No need for an agency doing double duty, when all they have to do is get the local police, swat or etc. to then show up with them to a residence or business if they think the person in question will be a problem. This is just doubling down on our tax burdens is all this is, but hey they figure we are an endless piggy bank to take from or demand more from even when the bank is almost empty.

Abbie and Jerry would have punched you out for being so accepting of the man.

I don't get you so called liberals of today. You are not liberal at all. You are a tool for the man. Look at you and Lakhota shilling for the government on a continual basis.

Hoffman and Rubin would be ashamed of you. You have become the man.

437px-USA_-_IRS_CID.png

Badge of the IRS-Criminal Investigation Division

Why are you so pro government Lakhota?

Why do you embrace everything that government does? Why do you love the man?

You are no liberal.

abbie_hoffman.jpg

Yo OP! Where are you? Why have you not returned to admit that your silly fears are unwarranted. When are you going to pledge that you will not be so quick to dream up crazed conspiracy theories whenever you read something that you don't understand?

Are you ever going to take responsibility for these types of fuck-ups? Do you have any integrity at all?

Forum List

Back