Why are people so stupid when they get around wild animals?

• Thread starter Deleted member 73486
  • Start date
People are pretty stupid in general. It's not just around animals.
People, when outside their normal habitat, do tend to do ignorant things more often. I suspect 99% of the population knows better than to go up and pet a bull without asking what his temperament is.

But some folks without any experience out in the wild will tend to make gratuitous assumptions, like the guy that was following grizzlies around and videoing them. He wound up dinner one day.

I think most people know better than that.

People, when outside their normal habitat, do tend to do ignorant things more often. I suspect 99% of the population knows better than to go up and pet a bull without asking what his temperament is.

But some folks without any experience out in the wild will tend to make gratuitous assumptions, like the guy that was following grizzlies around and videoing them. He wound up dinner one day.

Timothy Treadwell

People are pretty stupid in general. It's not just around animals.

Aaaahhh...that brings back memories of my youth.
We used to pick mushrooms in a pasture that had a creek and lots of shade from the trees that grew along side it.
Problem was you had to cross about a hundred yards of open pasture with a Huge Brahma bull with a bad disposition before you got to the fence where they kept the cows.
We'd send the slowest of us to the far edge of the pasture where they'd climb the fence and start jumping around.
The bull would haul ass over there while the fastest among us would hope the fence and haul ass to the other side.
It got close a few times,and the worst part was you had to get back across.

Timothy Treadwell
That was really sad.

These people are always liberals who think that since they give to the WWF and are animal lovers, they will be spared from these wild animals instincts. They're the same type of people who eat aquarium cleaner to combat COVID 19. The world is a better place without these people who think petting the Rino or drinking Clorox are acceptable.

and yet here you are....it was a gopper who ate the aquarium shit and the idiot president taking a drug that is not meant for covid
Wrong on both counts. Have a nice day!

At this time of year, the northern part of the state is lousy with moose. You can take a drive up to Greenville and be guaranteed to see at least one or two. They seem to be used to the gawkers, and they're pretty calm about it. People stop their cars, get out and start clicking away.....but moose have a "boundary." They will keep a certain amount of space between themselves and a human. If human moves five feet closer, moose will move five feet back. They don't want to be interrupted in their feeding, so they don't run away like a deer would; but they want that space. I don't know what they'd do if you violated it, if they couldn't move away.

I had one charge my car once. They can get nasty when provoked.

Wow! I didn't know a moose could get a credit card or had jumper cables!

Two days after the Yellowstone National Park partially reopened following coronavirus restrictions, a woman was injured by a bison.
The victim had been following the wild animal too closely Wednesday afternoon, according to a statement from park spokeswoman Linda
The park did not release the woman's name.
They said she was knocked to the ground and received attention from park medical staff but chose not to go to the hospital.
Veress said the guest did not follow the park's guidance to stay at least 25 yards away from all large animals.

Simply put... because we have turned into a culture of nature worshipers. We have this ridiculous idolized view of nature, that if only we could get rid of our modern society, and go live in the wonderful utopian world of pure nature!

Get rid of our smoggy cars, and our factories, and our everything... and just live in perfect harmony with nature.

And you see this all the time in movies and media, where the wonderful perfect Indians are living in perfect harmony with nature. Disney's Pocahontas, with that ridiculous song "colors of the wind".

Dumb song. Nature is violent, and harsh.

This stuff proves itself all the time. Patricia Wyman, A girl that was a wolf lover in Canada, killed by wolves. Nature lover Christopher Johnson McCandless, went out on his nature hike, only to die of starvation. Bear lover Timothy Treadwell got himself and his girlfriend, killed by bears. The story years ago was told of a girl who climbed a tree, in protest of cutting trees for lumber, only to find out the company had canceled plans. While trying to climb down, she fell and died... for a tree... that wasn't even going to be cut down anyway.

Nature is violent and horrifying. Lions come and kill the alpha male, then murder all his cubs, and then rape all his women, and take over the pride.

That's the how nature really is.

I agree with Andylusion but I have to disagree with him about the song, Colors of the Wind.
I like so much that song :)

These people are always liberals who think that since they give to the WWF and are animal lovers, they will be spared from these wild animals instincts. They're the same type of people who eat aquarium cleaner to combat COVID 19. The world is a better place without these people who think petting the Rino or drinking Clorox are acceptable.
Just because this is a political board doesn't mean that you have to turn it into a liberal v. conservative issue in every single fucking thread.

Why would anyone want to closely follow a bison, for godssakes? Their good looks? Their sweet, friendly dispositions? If you want a good picture of one, buy a postcard at the gift shop.
Why not? If we can't get along then we gotta get it on. But the truth is, I don't have much if any respect for liberal thought. Sorry

I agree with Andylusion but I have to disagree with him about the song, Colors of the Wind.
I like so much that song :)
:) I get it. You like the song. That's fine. But you understand my meaning?

The song really should go
"Have you ever been torn to bits by the wolf crying to the blue corn moon?"
"Have you ever asked the Bobcat why it bit off your arm?"
"How high will the sycamore grow? When you fall and break your neck, then you'll never know!"
"The rainstorm and the river are my coffins, we drown and die in floods every year!"

There is a reason, that during the time frame that this story of Pocahontas was taking place... the average life span in the US, was 35. If you made it to 35, you were considered "old".

It was normal, to be married, and have children, and be raising a family, by the time you were 16. That's where "Sweet 16" came from. Because you were not likely to make it to 35.

Nature was harsh. People died all the time.

Forum List

Back