Why are Republican approval ratings so low?

R

rdean

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

What that means is that the pig will drag everyone down into the mud to get them dirty. And the pig doesn't care that it also gets dirty. Because it likes the dirt.

Just watching a report that puts Republican approval ratings into the low 30's and pegs the house at 7. Those numbers barely mentioned because all they could talk about was Obama's low approval rating at around 40.

The reason the GOP is extremely happy with these numbers is because they are hoping America is so disgusted with these numbers, they will stay home and not vote. They just assume white Republicans will rush out to vote against those "dern" liberals and that black guy in the WHITE House no matter how they get screwed over by their own party.

So far, that's pretty much been the pattern. Republicans have blocked everything and then complained Obama can't get anything done.

Or those house bills with misleading names. Remember a few weeks ago, some Republican here posted a list of the names? So I went and looked up about half. Names like "Jobs for everyone" and the entire bill was about cutting taxes on rich people. Again and again, they names had nothing to do with the bill. And we all know, USMB Republicans very rarely read past the title. It's why they seldom post links. The title suggests one thing, but the article says something else.

Chances are it will work. Republicans will cut food stamps, education and health care if they think it will hurt blacks and Hispanics. We know that for a fact.

It will be interesting to see who comes out to vote.

Obama's at 38% - plus or minus 5 - and dipshit Dean is worried about republicans.

Lets me see, Obama's rating matters how? Will he be running again? No.

But Republicans on the other hand will be running someone for the WH? Won't they?

And I seriously doubt that anyone is "worried" about Republicans. Well except for the fact that I am worried about my fellow Americans and the damage that Republicans can do to them.

But really dude. How does the Republican party plan to win anything with approval numbers like the ones they have now?

I'm wondering if the OP can pick a more worthless metric by which to measure his justification for poor ideology?

After all, the real number is how many Republicans vs Democrats are in the House and the projected gains and losses that will ensue.....

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

What that means is that the pig will drag everyone down into the mud to get them dirty. And the pig doesn't care that it also gets dirty. Because it likes the dirt.

Just watching a report that puts Republican approval ratings into the low 30's and pegs the house at 7. Those numbers barely mentioned because all they could talk about was Obama's low approval rating at around 40.

The reason the GOP is extremely happy with these numbers is because they are hoping America is so disgusted with these numbers, they will stay home and not vote. They just assume white Republicans will rush out to vote against those "dern" liberals and that black guy in the WHITE House no matter how they get screwed over by their own party.

So far, that's pretty much been the pattern. Republicans have blocked everything and then complained Obama can't get anything done.

Or those house bills with misleading names. Remember a few weeks ago, some Republican here posted a list of the names? So I went and looked up about half. Names like "Jobs for everyone" and the entire bill was about cutting taxes on rich people. Again and again, they names had nothing to do with the bill. And we all know, USMB Republicans very rarely read past the title. It's why they seldom post links. The title suggests one thing, but the article says something else.

Chances are it will work. Republicans will cut food stamps, education and health care if they think it will hurt blacks and Hispanics. We know that for a fact.

Where do you get your information? Most likely you are glued to the national network TV talking heads or you read just the headlines of newspapers and you are oblivious to these FACTS:

"1,160 (85%) of the Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democrats candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

"MSNBC.com identified 144 journalists who made political contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign, according to the public records of the Federal Election Commission. Most of the newsroom checkbooks leaned to the left: 125 journalists gave to Democrats and liberal causes. Only 17 gave to Republicans. Two gave to both parties."
Journalists give campaign cash - politics | NBC News

Finally what would you think the political leaning would be after you read this:
MSM job is to Bash the president per ........
Evan Thomas Editor of NewsWeek's quotes Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

..........But when it comes to Obama ... any bashing here???

COLOR="Blue"]I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." [/COLOR]
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

I mean where is the equal bashing of Obama when the editor of NewsWeek sees Obama as sort of God?

We know the dead will be voting along with the double voters for dimwits. Still proving you are an idiot.

What that means is that the pig will drag everyone down into the mud to get them dirty. And the pig doesn't care that it also gets dirty. Because it likes the dirt.,

Are you telling us that Harry Reid doesn't table every bill coming from the House? Save it for the LOFOs, USMB members pay attention to what's going on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back