Why are republicans such drama queens when it comes to guns?

I have nothing to be scared nor Paranoid about. But YOU, on the other hand seem to be the one soiling his panties when it comes to a tool that is inanimate until loaded and fired.

Again. Insults and childish rants will not resolve the violence.

Grow up and mind your own business.

I'm not scared at all. I go out every day unarmed and I am fine. You on the other hand seem pretty scared.

I guess the police are scared too, and the president, and rich people who have armed guards.

I have nothing to be scared nor Paranoid about. But YOU, on the other hand seem to be the one soiling his panties when it comes to a tool that is inanimate until loaded and fired.

I'm not scared at all. I go out every day unarmed and I am fine. You on the other hand seem pretty scared.

I guess the police are scared too, and the president, and rich people who have armed guards.

Police have to go to trouble. They deal with criminals daily. The president is much more likely to need protection than any average lawful person.

Police have to go to trouble. They deal with criminals daily. The president is much more likely to need protection than any average lawful person.

Then why don't police leave their weapons at work, and go home like the rest of us?

Then why don't police leave their weapons at work, and go home like the rest of us?

How do you know some dont?

The most likely person to be shot and killed is definitely the gun owner himself.
That doesn't mean anything to me and the other 50,000 people that have responded to that. You need another 50,000 to explain it to you?
It is a fact, what is your point?
It's right there in my words. I don't have a coloring book you can fill in to get the picture. Sorry. I doubt you could stay in the lines anyway.

So what?

Why should I have to jump through all those hoops, be fingerprinted like a common criminal pay upwards of $500 and have to do it every 5 years simply to exercise a Constitutionally guranteed right?

How much would you be whining if every Constitutionally guaranteed right was subject to the same licensing process

Maybe we should make people take classes, get fingerprinted and pay fees for a Fourth Amendment Permit
Okay what exactly are all there hoops you're referring to? Besides finger printing, what else?

You can't treat all amendments the same. That's ridiculous. Obviously freedom of speech is completely harmless in comparison. It still however has limitations. It has limitations based on the consequences of law. We need to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Wouldn't you prefer to keep them out of hands of terrorists? How else would we do that?

I already told you some of the hoops I had to jump through and that it's every 5 years not just once

A right is a right as far as I'm concerned.

We have already seen that it is impossible to keep guns out of the hands of criminals so I don't see how making harder and more expensive for law abiding people to exercise their legal rights does anything to stop that
No you didn't. You just mentioned fingerprinting. What else?

Oh Christ just because criminals still get guns, it doesn't mean we shouldn't pass laws that try to prevent it. That's like saying "well robbery still happens anyway. We may as well legalize it!"

No, we need store owners to shoot would be robbers. Robbers would think twice next time if it happened more routinely

-Geaux
Oh what compelling logic. Let everyone have guns. And what's to stop the wrong guy from getting a gun and blowing away an unsuspecting crowd of people who forgot to bring their guns along that day? Obviously many of them would still choose to not own a gun anyway. How many dumb drunken redneck firefights would happen on a daily basis?

Yeah...that was the argument made every time a state wanted to pass concealed carry....and each time the anti gunners like you were wrong......as more Americans own and carry guns for self defense, the gun murder rate, the gun crime rate and the over all crime rate went down...not up.

In fact...last year Virginia passes a law allowing concealed carry in bars....you nuts bitched and moaned that it would lead to more bloodshed....what acutally happened? The violent crime rate in bars went down 5.1%

The wrong guys get guns now by avoiding all of your current gun control laws and not one of the new laws you guys want passed will stop them either.....you are wrong...

So what?

Why should I have to jump through all those hoops, be fingerprinted like a common criminal pay upwards of $500 and have to do it every 5 years simply to exercise a Constitutionally guranteed right?

How much would you be whining if every Constitutionally guaranteed right was subject to the same licensing process

Maybe we should make people take classes, get fingerprinted and pay fees for a Fourth Amendment Permit
Okay what exactly are all there hoops you're referring to? Besides finger printing, what else?

You can't treat all amendments the same. That's ridiculous. Obviously freedom of speech is completely harmless in comparison. It still however has limitations. It has limitations based on the consequences of law. We need to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Wouldn't you prefer to keep them out of hands of terrorists? How else would we do that?

I already told you some of the hoops I had to jump through and that it's every 5 years not just once

We have already seen that it is impossible to keep guns out of the hands of criminals so I don't see how making harder and more expensive for law abiding people to exercise their legal rights does anything to stop that
Oh Christ just because criminals still get guns, it doesn't mean we shouldn't pass laws that try to prevent it. That's like saying "well robbery still happens anyway. We may as well legalize it!"

Laws don't prevent crime. If they did we would have no crime

And you still haven't told me how making it even harder and more expensive than it is now for law abiding people to exercise their legal rights will do anything to stop criminals from getting guns
You people cannot be this stupid. I really don't know what to make of it.

What state are you in? Because obviously the ease in obtaining a gun widely varies. Seriously getting a gun in Texas is pretty damn easy. Do we even need to go into the gun show loophole?

There is no gun show loophole...that is a myth created by people like you, which is another reason we don't trust you. Individuals can sell guns without background checks, all licensed gun stores and vendors, even at gun shows must do a federal background check.

Did I say anything about going out armed?

I am scared of nothing.

Boo!

I honestly feel as though republicans/Rightwingers are the ones who make the biggest issue out of guns. It's amazing they can be so dramatic about the 2nd amendment. It's purely emotional really. It makes them see threats that really aren't there. Even now 7 years into Obama's presidency some of them still believe he is coming for their guns despite the fact that he has NEVER advocated for gun grabbing of any kind. All he talks about is better regulation and exploring resolving issues associated with violent mentally ill people to prevent gun violence. It concerns him and other liberals that 11,000 people die of gun violence per year. Isn't that reasonable? Shouldn't SOMETHING be done about that? Wouldn't gun nuts prefer laws that prevent terrorists from obtaining weapons? No one is talking about abolishing the 2nd amendment. I mean my god talk about absolutely impossible. No democrat would even want to try.

Gun nuts fail to grasp any level of nuance in the gun control issue. They see any democrat push of gun control as an automatic slippery slope to gun grabbing and abolishing the 2nd amendment. It is so goddam delusional. Nothing about that is rooted in reality.

I honestly feel that deep down many gun nuts WANT democrats to push gun control legislation. I mean for starters gun control legislation rarely ever passes. Gun nuts really have nothing to fear. What it comes down to is living in fantasy land. They LIKE the idea of the threat. Their 12 year old minds make them imagine themselves standing up for liberty and taking down government tyranny with their weapons of freedom! Hollywood stuff you know? It makes them feel more like masculine. It makes them forget about their small penises.

Now all that being said. Can we come to a mutual COMPROMISE on the gun control issue?

It's a dick thing.

Male insecurity.

Small, tiny pricks... compensation etc.
Sorry Hazelnut!

I must disagree. It has nothing to do with penis size, male insecurity or compensation for anything.

It's the law of the land. There are no more concessions.

The law is settled.

You're a denier.

We've had it with the insults, unnecessary demands, etc.

Being armed does not affect you in any way.

I've been armed for most of my life. I never thought that I would need to use a firearm against anyone, other than in the service of my Country.

Until I got a phone call from my daughter, who called from her bedroom closet, where she and my grandchild were crying, in hiding while someone broke down her door and was at the bedroom door, kicking it in.

Luckily I was not far away, the police were on the way, but I got there before them.

He had just broken the bedroom door down when I ran into the room.

At that moment I could have and should have ended his life.

I chose to let him live. I regret that decision to this day.

I should have put him down.

The only thing that stopped me was having to clean up the mess that I would have left had I have killed him.

The officers who arrived were surprised I let him live.

Hazelnut!

As I stated. We are tired of the insults and vilification.

What we do is none of your business.

None of you will be satisfied until we are disarmed. That is my opinion.

You fixation on penis size and insecurity do nothing to resolve issues related to this matter.

The discussion is over.

You need to focus on criminal behavior and mental illness and mind your own business.

Again! I am not a Republican nor right wing.

Sounds like you should thank phones more than anything.
So you would have been OK had I not stopped him.

That is the problem with you and those like you.

You are perfectly fine when someone gets harmed. As long as you get your way.

No you didn't. You just mentioned fingerprinting. What else?

No, we need store owners to shoot would be robbers. Robbers would think twice next time if it happened more routinely

-Geaux
Oh what compelling logic. Let everyone have guns. And what's to stop the wrong guy from getting a gun and blowing away an unsuspecting crowd of people who forgot to bring their guns along that day? Obviously many of them would still choose to not own a gun anyway. How many dumb drunken redneck firefights would happen on a daily basis?

Whats's to stop a Muslim that entered the country via immigration from blowing us up, you know, unsuspecting people.

-Geaux
Lol that's why we need laws to prevent people like him from getting weapons.

They have all the gun laws you want and even more in France...did that stop the muslim terrorists from getting fully automatic rifles......what about the muslim terrorists in France who murdered the cartoonists......fully automatic rifles, grenades and pistols.......and in Belgium, and on the French bound train, and in Denmark, and Sweden.....

France and those countries have complete bans on military weapons, you can't buy them in gun stores because they don't have gun stores or gun shows....yet foreign terrorists easily get fully automatic weapons.

And you know what....criminals in Europe easily get guns too...despite all of their gun control.

Do you know who can't get any guns...normal, law abiding Europeans...

I honestly feel as though republicans/Rightwingers are the ones who make the biggest issue out of guns. It's amazing they can be so dramatic about the 2nd amendment. It's purely emotional really. It makes them see threats that really aren't there. Even now 7 years into Obama's presidency some of them still believe he is coming for their guns despite the fact that he has NEVER advocated for gun grabbing of any kind. All he talks about is better regulation and exploring resolving issues associated with violent mentally ill people to prevent gun violence. It concerns him and other liberals that 11,000 people die of gun violence per year. Isn't that reasonable? Shouldn't SOMETHING be done about that? Wouldn't gun nuts prefer laws that prevent terrorists from obtaining weapons? No one is talking about abolishing the 2nd amendment. I mean my god talk about absolutely impossible. No democrat would even want to try.

Gun nuts fail to grasp any level of nuance in the gun control issue. They see any democrat push of gun control as an automatic slippery slope to gun grabbing and abolishing the 2nd amendment. It is so goddam delusional. Nothing about that is rooted in reality.

I honestly feel that deep down many gun nuts WANT democrats to push gun control legislation. I mean for starters gun control legislation rarely ever passes. Gun nuts really have nothing to fear. What it comes down to is living in fantasy land. They LIKE the idea of the threat. Their 12 year old minds make them imagine themselves standing up for liberty and taking down government tyranny with their weapons of freedom! Hollywood stuff you know? It makes them feel more like masculine. It makes them forget about their small penises.

Now all that being said. Can we come to a mutual COMPROMISE on the gun control issue?

It's a dick thing.

Male insecurity.

Sorry Hazelnut!

I must disagree. It has nothing to do with penis size, male insecurity or compensation for anything.

The law is settled.

You're a denier.

I've been armed for most of my life. I never thought that I would need to use a firearm against anyone, other than in the service of my Country.

Until I got a phone call from my daughter, who called from her bedroom closet, where she and my grandchild were crying, in hiding while someone broke down her door and was at the bedroom door, kicking it in.

Luckily I was not far away, the police were on the way, but I got there before them.

The only thing that stopped me was having to clean up the mess that I would have left had I have killed him.

Hazelnut!

You fixation on penis size and insecurity do nothing to resolve issues related to this matter.

The discussion is over.

You need to focus on criminal behavior and mental illness and mind your own business.

You wouldn't have gone without a gun? She was mostly lucky she had a phone.

They are paranoid and scared.
You are full of it.

Why? Most people will never need a gun for anything in their entire life, yet so many act like they are most important thing in the world.

Until they do....like the couple who were beaten and the woman raped...they didn't need a gun till that night...twit.

More guns than ever before in the history of the country, for crime rate is going down. Dumbass

We have by far the most guns in the world. Why do we not have the lowest crime rates?

Because our entertainment glorifies violence. Music that encourages killing cops, raping women, drug use. Violent and graphic, games, TV and movies. Why would anyone expect anything different. It's not the guns, it's the people.

Bad people with guns are worse than bad people without.

So, unless you change a culture, people will continue to die from violence. Look at Brussels today, 30 plus dead a hundred plus injured and no guns. It's the culture.

Guns make killing easy. Anything that is easy is going to be done more often than if it was more difficult.

Wrong......more Americans own and carry guns and our gun murder rate went down, not up....Britain confiscated all of their guns and their gun crime rate stayed the same...in fact, it went up 4% last year.

You are full of it.

Why? Most people will never need a gun for anything in their entire life, yet so many act like they are most important thing in the world.

Until they do....like the couple who were beaten and the woman raped...they didn't need a gun till that night...twit.

Like the woman shot in the back by her 2 year old? Yeah she needed one.

It's a dick thing.

Male insecurity.

Sorry Hazelnut!

The law is settled.

You're a denier.

Hazelnut!

The discussion is over.

You wouldn't have gone without a gun? She was mostly lucky she had a phone.
Yes she was. And yes, I would not have had to take the firearm. Had I not had the firearm I would have still confronted him.

More guns than ever before in the history of the country, for crime rate is going down. Dumbass

We have by far the most guns in the world. Why do we not have the lowest crime rates?

Because our entertainment glorifies violence. Music that encourages killing cops, raping women, drug use. Violent and graphic, games, TV and movies. Why would anyone expect anything different. It's not the guns, it's the people.

Bad people with guns are worse than bad people without.

So, unless you change a culture, people will continue to die from violence. Look at Brussels today, 30 plus dead a hundred plus injured and no guns. It's the culture.

Guns make killing easy. Anything that is easy is going to be done more often than if it was more difficult.

Guns make self defense easy...especially if you are smaller, weaker, injured or outnumbered or trying to protect others who can't protect themselves....

How do you know some dont?

I don;t know a single officer that doesn't have an off duty piece, and he gets it automatically without the cost and the bullshit I have to through in NYC to get a handgun for my own home.

You are full of it.

Like the woman shot in the back by her 2 year old? Yeah she needed one.

And the truth and reality of gun accidents....

in 2013 there were 320,000,000 million guns in private hands....

Accidental gun deaths... 505 for the whole country.

number of children killed by guns in that number, out of 74.2 million.... 69.

Forum List

Back