Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

It blows me away
you cannot do anything in this country without a valid govt issued ID but vote
and the libs think there is something wrong with asking that person prior to voting proving who they are

Ignore posts where people say they are not scared and just stay on message...
I swear if you didnt wear a helmet you would be completely brain dead.

Everywhere I vote the poll-workers already know who I am. The Dems like to bus in folks from other districts.

Well, here you have to vote in your district. No one can be bused in from elsewhere. You are given information on where you can register and where your polling place is. There really is no room for in person voter fraud under our system. And they don't ask for a photo ID once you are registered and show up to vote.

really?
Video snags Dem boss plotting vote fraud
Digger Tidbits: Got ID? O'Keefe seems to be missing his; House to take up brokers' fees : VTDigger

Yes really.

It blows me away
you cannot do anything in this country without a valid govt issued ID but vote
and the libs think there is something wrong with asking that person prior to voting proving who they are

I don't have a problem with asking for an ID to vote as long as they are free and easily attainable. Dems don't object to voter ID. They object to policies in place that restrict the ability of eligible voters to vote. Many of the voter ID laws passed by Reps are restrictive and there is really no need to make it harder for people to vote.

For example, cutting early voting days, cutting the number of polling places available, cutting the hours they are open, etc.

If they want one Govt. issued ID for everyone who is eligible to be able to vote, as long as they are free and easy for everyone to get-I don't see anyone having a problem with that.

Don't they realize that they come off like racists when they keep calling Black people victims as if they don't have enough intelligence to come up with a photo I.D.?

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

From the days of Reconstruction conservatives have tried to deny some Americans their privilege to vote. If one reads on the techniques conservatives have used in the past to prevent people from voting the concern could be understood: poll fees, literacy tests, understaffed polls, voter intimidation were just some of the techniques used. Many see voter ID is just another one of their tactics.

Can you explain their violent reaction to the SCOTUS ruling then? I thought as much. They (and you) reject any notion of inferring responsibility on our voting population.

"Violent reaction"? There was violence? Where?

Oh jeez. Violent does not always mean physical violence. Dense as you are, words can be used just as effectively a weapon of violence.

So...you wish to dilute the word "violent". Ok.....Or were you playing for hyperbole as if it would make your post somehow more.....valid? :eusa_eh:

If federal elections were properly overseen by the federal government, rather than following the misplaced and misguided notion of the states individually are responsible how those that go to Washington get elected, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Because I don't want a poll tax and letting the government get to decide who gets to vote.

Drivers License is suitable. Any government issued picture ID is suitable. Free ones can be had for those that don't already have one.

Where's the tax? Where is the government control of who gets one?

My understanding is that some states do not accept all government ID's. Since each state has different standards a responsible Congress would pass a law defining the type of ID's needed to vote in Federal Elections. Then provide funding so no citizens would be denied the right to vote.

Of course that will not happen, and even if it did the states with GOP Governors would continue to suppress the vote in off year elections, hoping to achieve Tom Delay's goal of a continuing Republican majority (BTW, why isn't he in prison?) in St. legislatures and county/city councils.

If federal elections were properly overseen by the federal government, rather than following the misplaced and misguided notion of the states individually are responsible how those that go to Washington get elected, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Um...check out the Constitution on that one. :eusa_whistle:

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
Federal benifits?
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

Last I checked voter turnout was less than 60%. I don't think we need to do more to keep people from voting. As soon as turnout is over 100% I'll believe we need to do something.

I really do not know
Two men? Married?
Federal benifits?

Because it's those Republicans acting up again, just like they did in 2000 when Al Gore won the election but SCOTUS gave it to Bush.

How Much Voter Fraud Is There?
A state-by-state map reveals the answer: almost none.

Voter ID laws: A state-by-state map reveals how much voter fraud there is in the United States?almost none. - Slate Magazine

I'm generally asked for a photo ID or some other form of identification proving I am eligible to vote when I register to vote. Once I'm registered, my name will be on the list at the polling place and I have to sign my name next to it and I vote. Works pretty well and no complaints and no fraud. Quick and easy.

and you could have died and someone else shows up with your name knowing that and yet the poll worker has no idea and let's them vote under your name.

I really do not know
Two men? Married?
Federal benifits?

Because it's those Republicans acting up again, just like they did in 2000 when Al Gore won the election but SCOTUS gave it to Bush.

How Much Voter Fraud Is There?
A state-by-state map reveals the answer: almost none.

Voter ID laws: A state-by-state map reveals how much voter fraud there is in the United States?almost none. - Slate Magazine

FYI the United States is one if not the only remaining country's that do not require voter ID. So what is the freaking problem? Are the dem's afraid they can't win? Poll tax, such a weak argument. Your fear should be that eventually you will have to have filed a tax return to vote. Now that would be an interesting twist of fate.

As for Gore and his little lock box winning in Florida, weak, false, pure BS, maybe you should check the records a little closer before you disclose your true IQ.

As for voter fraud, as a rule very seldom is the vote challenged unless circumstances warrant.

Last edited:

Um...check out the Constitution on that one. :eusa_whistle:

If there ever was a valid reason to change the Constitution, this is it.

Think about it: Shouldn't the federal government be looking after the election of federal office holders?

If straight logic of the obvious answer is not enough, how about the repeated and constantly re-occurring screw-ups by pretty much ALL the states???

Is there anyone who think that the 2000 disaster in Florida would not have been any better if there had been a federal law and federal overseeing of the election.

I really do not know
Two men? Married?
Federal benifits?

Last I checked voter turnout was less than 60%. I don't think we need to do more to keep people from voting. As soon as turnout is over 100% I'll believe we need to do something.

Voting results were well above 100% in some gerrymandered Democratic districts.

I'm generally asked for a photo ID or some other form of identification proving I am eligible to vote when I register to vote. Once I'm registered, my name will be on the list at the polling place and I have to sign my name next to it and I vote. Works pretty well and no complaints and no fraud. Quick and easy.

and you could have died and someone else shows up with your name knowing that and yet the poll worker has no idea and let's them vote under your name.

They check the signatures to make sure they are valid. And if I died, my name would be taken off the list.

I love the idea of dead people showing up to vote. Zombies can't vote last I checked.

And who exactly is going to show up and vote as the dead person? An illegal immigrant?-ummm, they aren't gonna risk getting caught to show up and cast a vote for President.

So please, this dead people voting thing is an excuse and not a reality.

They check the signatures to make sure they are valid. And if I died, my name would be taken off the list.

you see, they don't check the signatures at the polls, themselves. And most, unless they have a question, don't check after the fact. And no, your name may not have been taken off the list -
County says state erred with lists of 'dead' voters - Houston Chronicle

The Harris County Attorney's office on Tuesday defended Tax Assessor-Collector Don Sumners' decision not to purge presumed-dead voters from the rolls until after the November election, and accused the secretary of state's office of not following the law in providing a list of 9,000 such voters to the county.

About 72,800 voters statewide have received or will receive letters telling them records suggest they may be dead and that they must act within 30 days to stay on the rolls. The list was generated by the secretary of state using the Social Security Administration's master death file, as outlined in a new state law.

Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

They’re not.

They understand that in order to restrict a fundamental right, such as voting, the state must negotiate a high burden before doing so. The state must have evidence in support of the restriction, and the restriction must realize a legitimate legislative end.

Many voting ID laws fail to meet this burden.

There is no evidence, for example, that voter ‘fraud’ with regard to identity has changed the outcome of any election. And since most ID laws are partisan, where republicans perceive likely democratic voters as less likely to be able to meet the identification requirements, such laws lack a legitimate legislative end.

Moreover, liberals understand that in order to register to vote, one must document both his citizenship and his identity. Requiring a voter to ‘prove’ who he is at every election is both needless and constitutes an undue burden to the exercising of a fundamental right. If a voter’s name doesn’t appear on the registration roll, he’s not issued a ballot to vote, which is why voter ‘fraud’ is virtually non-existent.

Last, voter ID supports a failed policy of ‘presumed guilty,’ where every voter is seen as a potential ‘fraud’ and must prove his innocence before being allowed to vote. If the state has evidence that a particular voter is attempting to commit voter fraud, then elections officials may address that issue with the specific voter, not force citizens to obtain needless documentation when their registration is still current and valid, in order to address a nonexistent problem.

The problem with the world in general and the United States in particular is that everyone knows and parrots "RIGHTS" but nobody wants to talk about obligations and responsibilities.

Forum List

Back