Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

.Look it only makes sense. I have to produce ID to vote in Canada. It's no big smurf. I can even bring a utility bill to prove I live where I do. I actually had to do that when I ended up here in Manitoba.

I never took insult to it. Because as a citizen of a country I can think of no higher honor than to have the right to vote.

Now this is pretty cool that the Carter Center came up with years ago.

Carter Center Postelection Statement on Cherokee National Elections, June 1, 1999

“ATLANTA, GA….Before going into details, we would once again like to congratulate you on your dedication to well-run tribal elections and to the professionalism and unflappability of your staff. If you accomplished nothing else in this election, your voters can feel confident they have a truly secret ballot which should go a long way toward building their trust in the elections process of the Cherokee Nation.

Consistent with what was said in the opening above and …. the Cherokee Nation wishes to continue choosing its leadership through open elections, we suggest the Commission consider the following options:

Eliminate registration entirely. This can be done in several ways: Voting on the basis of tribal registration (blue card) with no permanent voter registration list maintained. Multiple voting in different precincts would be eliminated by checking tribal registration numbers against the master list; Allowing day-of-election registration (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Maine). The voter simply appears with the blue tribal registration card and a picture ID, casts a ballot and is logged into the system…. Key to this system is a method of ensuring the voter does not vote in several precincts …

… Converting the blue card into a permanent ID card would facilitate either of the above options.”

Postelection Statement on Cherokee Nation Elections, June 1, 1999

Last edited:
They check the signatures to make sure they are valid. And if I died, my name would be taken off the list.

you see, they don't check the signatures at the polls, themselves. And most, unless they have a question, don't check after the fact. And no, your name may not have been taken off the list -
County says state erred with lists of 'dead' voters - Houston Chronicle

The Harris County Attorney's office on Tuesday defended Tax Assessor-Collector Don Sumners' decision not to purge presumed-dead voters from the rolls until after the November election, and accused the secretary of state's office of not following the law in providing a list of 9,000 such voters to the county.

About 72,800 voters statewide have received or will receive letters telling them records suggest they may be dead and that they must act within 30 days to stay on the rolls. The list was generated by the secretary of state using the Social Security Administration's master death file, as outlined in a new state law.

No one's gonna show up and vote as me if I die. They'd have to keep my name on the rolls, then someone would have to show up in my district, at my polling place, and sign my name.

Nope, this isn't even an issue.

Seriously? YOu think it doesn't happen?

A closer look at the data revealed that some of the dead people were not only registered, but somehow, even voted, several years after their death. Sometimes, clerks say the mistake can purely be a clerical error, such as a misplaced signature or an outdated registration list that hadn't been purged. Other times, though, the voting turns out to be fraud, clerks say, where family members vote on their dead relatives' behalf....NBC Bay Area found several other examples, too. People like Sara Schiffman of San Leandro who died in 2007 yet still voted in 2008, or former Hayward police officer Frank Canela Tapia who has voted 8 times since 2005, though he died in 2001.

County election officials are responsible for removing names from the voter rolls.

NBC Bay Area gave Contra Costa County Clerk and Recorder Steve Weir a list of more than 100 voters in his county who may have passed away. Around half a dozen of these voters have recorded votes since their death.
Dead And Still Voting | NBC Bay Area

According to their research, voter registration numbers for Montgomery County resident Rufus Harris of Silver Spring, who died in 2002, was used to cast an absentee ballot in the 2008 general election. Prince George’s County resident George T. Zell of Hyattsville, who died in July 2004, cast a vote in the 2004 general election. Records also indicated that Harris became registered as a voter on Sept. 4, 2008, six years after his death.
Dead people voted and registered to vote, watchdog group finds; hundreds of deceased still on rolls ? MarylandReporter.com

At least eight people who died well before the November general election were credited with voting in King County, raising new questions about the integrity of the vote total in the narrow governor's race, a Seattle Post-Intelligencer review has found.

The evidence of votes from dead people is the latest example of flaws in an election already rocked by misplaced votes and allegations that there were thousands more votes counted than actual voters.

County officials say they are investigating the cases pointed out by the P-I
Dead voted in governor's race - seattlepi.com

The New York Times reported in its May 18 business section that Johns Hopkins University computer-science students crunching databases on deaths and voter registrations in Baltimore City had turned up “1,500 dead people listed as active registered voters. Fifty of those dead people somehow voted in the last election
Election Nights of the Living Dead: Do Deceased Baltimoreans Still Vote Among Us? | Baltimore City Paper

you might take note that these were found out, not by election officials, but by reporters.

Is politifact and factcheck the same? I've no idea, but show some real government stats that show 100%+ voting somewhere. Something believable. Otherwise I see no reason to believe it. Everything I have seen that was believable showed fraud almost didn't exist.

With all the problems we have in the country right now this is an important issue for the Republicans? Really??? Voter turnout is in the 50's and this is an important issue? :cuckoo:

I've seen information in the last several posts that indicates that as many as 3 to 6% of ballots may be cast by dead people. How many recent races could be affected?

you see, they don't check the signatures at the polls, themselves. And most, unless they have a question, don't check after the fact. And no, your name may not have been taken off the list -
County says state erred with lists of 'dead' voters - Houston Chronicle

The Harris County Attorney's office on Tuesday defended Tax Assessor-Collector Don Sumners' decision not to purge presumed-dead voters from the rolls until after the November election, and accused the secretary of state's office of not following the law in providing a list of 9,000 such voters to the county.

About 72,800 voters statewide have received or will receive letters telling them records suggest they may be dead and that they must act within 30 days to stay on the rolls. The list was generated by the secretary of state using the Social Security Administration's master death file, as outlined in a new state law.

No one's gonna show up and vote as me if I die. They'd have to keep my name on the rolls, then someone would have to show up in my district, at my polling place, and sign my name.

Nope, this isn't even an issue.

Seriously? YOu think it doesn't happen?

Dead And Still Voting | NBC Bay Area

Dead people voted and registered to vote, watchdog group finds; hundreds of deceased still on rolls ? MarylandReporter.com

At least eight people who died well before the November general election were credited with voting in King County, raising new questions about the integrity of the vote total in the narrow governor's race, a Seattle Post-Intelligencer review has found.

The evidence of votes from dead people is the latest example of flaws in an election already rocked by misplaced votes and allegations that there were thousands more votes counted than actual voters.

County officials say they are investigating the cases pointed out by the P-I
Dead voted in governor's race - seattlepi.com

The New York Times reported in its May 18 business section that Johns Hopkins University computer-science students crunching databases on deaths and voter registrations in Baltimore City had turned up “1,500 dead people listed as active registered voters. Fifty of those dead people somehow voted in the last election
Election Nights of the Living Dead: Do Deceased Baltimoreans Still Vote Among Us? | Baltimore City Paper

you might take note that these were found out, not by election officials, but by reporters.

For the people, by the people
one vote
one live person with a VALID US govt issued ID

Is politifact and factcheck the same? I've no idea, but show some real government stats that show 100%+ voting somewhere. Something believable. Otherwise I see no reason to believe it. Everything I have seen that was believable showed fraud almost didn't exist.

With all the problems we have in the country right now this is an important issue for the Republicans? Really??? Voter turnout is in the 50's and this is an important issue? :cuckoo:

Wonder why there turn out is in the 50s and the left is much higher?
would it have anything to do with fraud maybe?
Voter Fraud is Real: Why the Voting Rights Act Should Be Used to Fight Election Fraud

I've seen information in the last several posts that indicates that as many as 3 to 6% of ballots may be cast by dead people. How many recent races could be affected?

the election in 2012 was won by less than that for the US president
What never made sense to me was the low voter turn-out for the GOP
Romney wins hands down if the GOp votes
he won the independants in the swing states

Who knows, maybe they feel it will cut down on there numbers, or maybe they feel it will allow them to vote only once per election.

Jimmy Carter won't monitor a foreign election without voter ID. Hell's bells he made a tribe produce voter ID here in the States.

All this is bullshit left wing crap. Even South Africa demands voter ID of their voters.

No, it’s fundamental Constitutional jurisprudence, as SA is not the United States, and it’s consequently ignorant to compare the two.

where does it state in the constitution that you have the right to vote if your an illegal alien,
dead
10 years old
had your voting rights revoked

?

The simple question remains
Why is it so scary for the left to have voter ID to vote?

State probes why more voters than residents in Alexander County
State probes why more voters than residents in Alexander County

Southeast Kansas county has more registered voters than people eligible to vote
Updated: Nov 1, 2010 05:32 PM CDT

COLUMBUS, KANSAS - Voters registration lists are raising questions just one day before mid-term elections.

The Kansas Watchdog Organization reports that six Kansas counties have more voters than the Census voting population, including Cherokee County.
County has more registered voters than people eligible to vote - KOAM TV 7

The total votes casted in Uniontown on Tuesday were 1,431, which represented a turnout of 55 percent of the number of registered voters and 80.6 percent of the town's population. According to the census, when compared with the 1,140 people in the town who are 18 and older, the turnout was 125 percent
Alabama Town has more Voters than Residents

I suppose you think that if fraud was possible that the Republicans wouldn't be doing it just as much as Democrats? Really?

I suppose you think that if fraud was possible that the Republicans wouldn't be doing it just as much as Democrats? Really?

personally I don't give a damn which side is doing it. I just want it stopped. And others that value their votes should as well.

personally I don't give a damn which side is doing it. I just want it stopped. And others that value their votes should as well.

And you really think it is so rampant that Congress should be spending time on this instead of all our other problems? If it is possible both sides are doing it. How about Republicans fix some of the real problems and make people want to vote for them?

Because Liberals thinks Minorities are to stupid to get an ID .. But they can get them for Food stamps, welfare, beer , cigs , medicaid.. Just to name a few

And you really think it is so rampant that Congress should be spending time on this instead of all our other problems? If it is possible both sides are doing it. How about Republicans fix some of the real problems and make people want to vote for them?

You see, I care about my vote. The mere fact you would state that it is not important goes against the very grain of integrity and that for which this country is supposed to stand for. One person - one vote -

John C. Moretina pleaded guilty Monday to a federal felony count of voter fraud in connection with the August 2010 primary in Missouri’s 40th legislative district.
Moretina, 61, entered the plea as part of an agreement with the U.S. attorney.
As part of the plea Moretina admitted he gave false information to the Kansas City Election Board in order to cast a ballot in the Aug. 3, 2010 primary in the 40th legislative district.
The only two Democratic candidates on the 40th district primary ballot were current state Rep. J.J. Rizzo and Will Royster. Rizzo won the primary by one vote, 664 to 663.Moretina is Rizzo’s uncle.
Read more here: BREAKING: Guilty plea in Missouri voter fraud case UPDATED - KansasCity.com

Rutherford recount shows Democratic council candidate won by 1 vote
Rutherford recount shows Democratic council candidate won by 1 vote - NorthJersey.com

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people
I'm a liberal and the voter ID law doesn't scare me, it pisses me off that a certain segment of the population wants to return to Jim Crow laws and prevent minorities and old people from exercising their Constitutional right to vote.

This is a racist law that is an attempt to save the republican party from extinction in government.

Which deserves more outrage?

One person who is not eligible to vote casting a ballot or one person who is eligible to vote being denied the right to cast a ballot?

Think first, dummies.

Which deserves more outrage?

One person who is not eligible to vote casting a ballot or one person who is eligible to vote being denied the right to cast a ballot?

Think first, dummies.

both equally, and who was denied to cast their ballot?

Forum List

Back