Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

Which deserves more outrage?

One person who is not eligible to vote casting a ballot or one person who is eligible to vote being denied the right to cast a ballot?

Think first, dummies.

both equally, and who was denied to cast their ballot?

That is ridiculous. I asked you to think first.

Der de der der der......and who was denied to cast their ballot?.......der der...

We are not "scared of voter ID" We are against voter suppression, and that is why we have all these voter ID laws, it is to suppress the vote

They re not scared....moving on.

You really think this is over?
it has only just begun
In your lifetime you wil have to provide an ID to vote
the liberal agenda has went to far as it did in 2008 and the will of the people are soon going to send it packing

And when that day comes and Democrats are still winning elections then what? Because it certainly won't be over. The whole idea behind voter ID to to suppress the vote enough so that not enough Democrats vote and therefore the Republicans win

They re not scared....moving on.

You really think this is over?
it has only just begun
In your lifetime you wil have to provide an ID to vote
the liberal agenda has went to far as it did in 2008 and the will of the people are soon going to send it packing

I wouldn't bring up "will of the people" if I was you. It's your side that wants to ignore them

What The 2012 Election Would Look Like Under The Republicans' Vote-Rigging Plan

Most people voted for Obama and Obama's President, or still President. Seems to me that's the way it's supposed to work. But if the rightwing "improvement" had been in effect for 2012 the guy who lost the popular vote would be President. And how many times have Republicans ignored the will of the citizens of Washington DC?

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

The Democratic Party believes in dividing voters and using it to win elections.

They should call themselves the Segregation Party.

Instead they hide their true platform and call themselves Democratic.

Dividing voters? You mean like Sarah Palin saying that people who live in big cities aren't real Americans?

The Moronic RIGHT like to whine constantly about voter fraud.

PROVIDE SOME EXAMPLES OF VOTER FRAUD!!!!!!

2 or three per election cycle?

To date, 46 states have prosecuted or convicted cases of voter fraud.
• More than 24 million voter registrations are invalid, yet remain on the rolls nation-wide.
• There are over 1.8 million dead voters still eligible on the rolls across the country.
• More than 2.75 million Americans are registered to vote in more than one state.
• True The Vote recently found 99 cases of potential felony interstate voter fraud.
• Maryland affiliates of True The Vote uncovered cases of people registering and voting after their respective deaths.
• This year, True The Vote uncovered more than 348,000 dead people on the rolls in 27 states. ◦ California: 49,000
◦ Florida: 30,000
◦ Texas: 28,500
◦ Michigan: 25,000
◦ Illinois: 24,000

•12 Indiana counties have more registered voters than residents.
• The Ohio Secretary of State admitted that multiple Ohio counties have more registered voters than residents.
• Federal records showed 160 counties in 19 states have over 100 percent voter registration.
• The Florida New Majority Education Fund, Democratic Party of Florida and the National Council of La Raza are currently under investigation for alleged voter registration fraud.

How Widespread is Voter Fraud? | 2012 Facts & Figures

Now your turn, just how legal voters are being prevented from voting because of Voter ID laws? 2 or three per election cycle?

Voter fraud has nothing to do with voter ID. The whole idea of voter ID is to suppress the vote

The Moronic RIGHT like to whine constantly about voter fraud.

PROVIDE SOME EXAMPLES OF VOTER FRAUD!!!!!!

2 or three per election cycle?

To date, 46 states have prosecuted or convicted cases of voter fraud.
• More than 24 million voter registrations are invalid, yet remain on the rolls nation-wide.
• There are over 1.8 million dead voters still eligible on the rolls across the country.
• More than 2.75 million Americans are registered to vote in more than one state.
• True The Vote recently found 99 cases of potential felony interstate voter fraud.
• Maryland affiliates of True The Vote uncovered cases of people registering and voting after their respective deaths.
• This year, True The Vote uncovered more than 348,000 dead people on the rolls in 27 states. ◦ California: 49,000
◦ Florida: 30,000
◦ Texas: 28,500
◦ Michigan: 25,000
◦ Illinois: 24,000

•12 Indiana counties have more registered voters than residents.
• The Ohio Secretary of State admitted that multiple Ohio counties have more registered voters than residents.
• Federal records showed 160 counties in 19 states have over 100 percent voter registration.
• The Florida New Majority Education Fund, Democratic Party of Florida and the National Council of La Raza are currently under investigation for alleged voter registration fraud.

How Widespread is Voter Fraud? | 2012 Facts & Figures

Now your turn, just how legal voters are being prevented from voting because of Voter ID laws? 2 or three per election cycle?

Voter fraud has nothing to do with voter ID. The whole idea of voter ID is to suppress the vote

Well it does not work as studies have shown that following the passage of Voter ID laws, minority voting increased. The standard explanation is that activists get outraged and take special efforts to insure that everyone has a proper ID and can vote and then motivates these people to vote with the mantra "they are trying to suppress your vote". So you should thank them for passing those Voter ID laws.

Last edited:
I'm not opposed to voter ID, I just think that it is a system that must be put in place over time. The onus shouldn't be on the voter to get the ID, it should be on the state to get them the ID.

If a gun was being held to your head and you HAD TO answer honestly......how would you answer this question?

Which of the following is more likely to support initiatives that ensure that more eligible voters cast votes in the next election?

A modern American conservative or a modern American liberal?

If I were a Democratic voter I would be pissed as you know what, thinking that some believe me to be too inept to obtain an id card of any sort.

The simple question remains
Why is it so scary for the left to have voter ID to vote?

you've been answered numerous times. Either shut the fuck already or own up to the fact they are not scared. Repeating the same sentence over and over again just makes you look like a retard

An equivalent question would be: why is the GOP so afraid of the poor, college students, minorities, and (some) seniors voting?

The GOP came to the realization that Nixon's Silent White Majority, which peaked during the Reagan years, was undergoing a, shall we say, thinning of the heard. Demographics are rapidly changing, and the GOP is starting to lose winnable presidential elections. They need to do anything possible to keep certain groups from voting.

When it comes to gun laws, they push for minimal registration, because they don't want to be on big brother's database. Not so with voting, where the need to limit the numbers of hostile voters outweighs anything else. They want to make it harder for people to vote, but easier for them to kill each other.

Democrats are afraid that voter-ID laws will make it harder for the poor and minorities to vote. Still haven't seen any credible proof that there are an actionable number of illegal votes being cast, other than the usual rightwing propaganda.

Because I don't want a poll tax and letting the government get to decide who gets to vote.

It is not a poll tax and the government already does decide who gets to vote.

You have to pay for the ID and the birth certificate and any other $100 dollar piece of paper the government requires you to get. Plus gas money and time.

Throwing one off the voter registration makes the government prove you are not a U.S. citizen requiring a government approved ID makes you prove you are a U.S. citizen.

Because I don't want a poll tax and letting the government get to decide who gets to vote.

It is not a poll tax and the government already does decide who gets to vote.

You have to pay for the ID and the birth certificate and any other $100 dollar piece of paper the government requires you to get. Plus gas money and time.

Throwing one off the voter registration makes the government prove you are not a U.S. citizen requiring a government approved ID makes you prove you are a U.S. citizen.

For those who can not afford it, the ID itself is free. Now you are complaining about the $10 fee for a birth cert? You must also have to pay for the clothes to the polling booth. Is that unconstitutional? Voting naked protected by the constitution? How about the time and expense to get to the polls? That unconstitutional as well? Perhaps they voting booth should be transported door to door, so voters can stay at home while voting naked? I assume you are not a hypocrite and oppose requirements that prospective gun purchasers show a photo ID when purchasing a firearm at a retail outlet?

You have to prove you are eligible to vote by citizenship and by residence. Simple as that. The government can and does require you to do that.

SCOTUS has approved Voter ID laws based upon constitutional challenge in Crawford v. Marion County Election Board 553 U.S. 181 (2008). It was a 6-3 decision authored by Stevens...

So whom to believe? An anon poster on US Message Boards or a super majority opinion of SCOTUS authored by arch liberal Stevens?

Hmmm, tough decision, but I think I will take SCOTUS. Hope you don't mind.

Which deserves more outrage?

One person who is not eligible to vote casting a ballot or one person who is eligible to vote being denied the right to cast a ballot?

Think first, dummies.
Since an inelligible voter casting a vote occurs 0.0006% of the time, the obvious answer is outrage over the one being denied to vote.

if an illegal vote wipes out a legitimate vote, it is one too many.

Forum List

Back