Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

g5000 said:
Our Founders did not have Voter ID. We have managed to exist for well over two centuries without it.

It's a shame to see people who want more government interference in the exercising of their rights. People like that are generally called liberals.
our Founders did not anticipate that millions of foreigners would infiltrate our country illegally...we have a real problem...

Voter ID using a driver's license is worthless....illegals get fake driver's licenses all the time...plus fake birth certificates, green cards, social security cards, you name it...they get these documents in order to get jobs and 'pay taxes'....

and why wouldn't they vote...? especially if they can get away with working with a fake license or SSN....why not vote for more dimwits who want their vote and will do anything to protect them...?

Identity theft is everywhere and rampant in the border states....fraud rings steal peoples' social security numbers etc. and sell them and there are multiple users on the same ssn....the government issues newborns a social security number (children don't work) which is ripped off by these thieves.....there are many ways they go about it and many people are hurt by identity theft...

what Dems are really scared of is Voter ID via a driver license turning into Voter ID using E-Verify and other more secure systems...this would invalidate a lot of illegals...

So the ID people use to get welfare, that would not be good enough for Voter ID.

Looks like you just undermined the "everyone has ID, the darkies have them to get food stamps" argument.

Oooooops!

Papers! Papers, please!

So the ID people use to get welfare, that would not be good enough for Voter ID.

Looks like you just undermined the "everyone has ID, the darkies have them to get food stamps" argument.

Oooooops!

Papers! Papers, please!

No, it would not, since half of the states let the permanent residents and many other categories be eligible for government assistance.

One has to prove his/her citizenship and where they live. In a way voter ID should be an equivalent to the birth certificate/passport/naturalization certificate and proof of residence ( which neither driver's license or bills are, btw)

g5000 said:
Our Founders did not have Voter ID. We have managed to exist for well over two centuries without it.

It's a shame to see people who want more government interference in the exercising of their rights. People like that are generally called liberals.
our Founders did not anticipate that millions of foreigners would infiltrate our country illegally...we have a real problem...

Voter ID using a driver's license is worthless....illegals get fake driver's licenses all the time...plus fake birth certificates, green cards, social security cards, you name it...they get these documents in order to get jobs and 'pay taxes'....

and why wouldn't they vote...? especially if they can get away with working with a fake license or SSN....why not vote for more dimwits who want their vote and will do anything to protect them...?

Identity theft is everywhere and rampant in the border states....fraud rings steal peoples' social security numbers etc. and sell them and there are multiple users on the same ssn....the government issues newborns a social security number (children don't work) which is ripped off by these thieves.....there are many ways they go about it and many people are hurt by identity theft...

what Dems are really scared of is Voter ID via a driver license turning into Voter ID using E-Verify and other more secure systems...this would invalidate a lot of illegals...

Oooooops!

Papers! Papers, please!

think of all the money we could save if we cut illegals off the welfare programs...

or do you like turning into Mexico.....?

It seems the other way around. Or, to the contrary - since you and the left did think and are quite scared that the falsifications would be much harder with voter ID, then you will oppose it even if it is dumb from the point of pure logic, because it is not convenient from the point of voter fraud.

As I said before - if one can prove he/she is eligible for a government handover ( and it can get much more burdensome than to prove you area citizen of this country and live where you live) one can get a voter ID.

And the requirements for those proofs of eligibility for government assistance change all the time - somehow nobody gets "pissed" or "offended" and everybody just complies :lol:

You were wrong before and you’re wrong now.

Public assistance is issued via a debit card, not ‘checks.’

And there is no Constitutional right to cash a check, there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

Do you understand English?
To obtain public assistance ( it does not matter how is it issued) one has to provide TONS of paperwork and proofs to the public assistance office and that is repeated EVERY YEAR - somehow nobody gets offended or pissed and everybody complies.

Constitutional right to vote does not mean one should not prove he is eligible to do so.
Prove it - and you can exercise your Constitutional right.

Incorrect.

Public assistance is applied for online, no physical ID is required because the eligibility interview is conducted over the phone. While the application is being processed the applicant’s identity is verified using his SSN via NUMIDENT.

A citizen documents his eligibility when he registers to vote, subsequent to that no further requirement is justified unless there is evidence of fraud.

Oooooops!

Papers! Papers, please!

think of all the money we could save if we cut illegals off the welfare programs...

This makes no sense.

With the exception of Emergency Medicaid, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for public assistance.

Oooooops!

Papers! Papers, please!

You really buy that? And how long until you want them on the govt tit?

This makes no sense.

With the exception of Emergency Medicaid, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for public assistance.

You really believe that?
And if they dont, how long until you advocate they need govt programs?

g5000 said:

Oooooops!

Papers! Papers, please!

He does not understand what he is saying.

You really buy that? And how long until you want them on the govt tit?

This makes no sense.

You really believe that?
And if they dont, how long until you advocate they need govt programs?

They are not eligible. It is not something that we believe or don't.

The question is dumb.

really?
Our fore fathers did not have dead people voting
millions of iloegal aliens
Our fore fathers need not to Have a DL to drive
A govt ID to pick up medicine
A govt ID to open a back account
Use a Debit card
so-on

The point being all of this is done to prevent fraud
what bigger fraud is there than the will of the people?
If I pay taxes for 30 years and an illegal alien votes for BHO so he get amnesty, that is wrong
Dead people voting, is wrong

Is politifact and factcheck the same? I've no idea, but show some real government stats that show 100%+ voting somewhere. Something believable. Otherwise I see no reason to believe it. Everything I have seen that was believable showed fraud almost didn't exist.

With all the problems we have in the country right now this is an important issue for the Republicans? Really??? Voter turnout is in the 50's and this is an important issue? :cuckoo:

State probes why more voters than residents in Alexander County

County has more registered voters than people eligible to vote - KOAM TV 7

The total votes casted in Uniontown on Tuesday were 1,431, which represented a turnout of 55 percent of the number of registered voters and 80.6 percent of the town's population. According to the census, when compared with the 1,140 people in the town who are 18 and older, the turnout was 125 percent
Alabama Town has more Voters than Residents

Now think about the actual problem. The town has more REGISTERED voters than people over 18.

HOW WOULD VOTER ID STOP THAT?

It wouldn't.

Someone is mismanaging the rolls.

and yet how many times have purges to correct that been stopped ?
BREAKING: Justice Department Demands Florida Stop Purging Voter Rolls | TPMMuckraker
South Florida counties stop non-citizen voter purge - Sun Sentinel
JURIST - Paper Chase: ACLU sues to stop purging of Florida voter rolls

The 'dead' awfully loud in protesting voter purge - Houston Chronicle
Florida Rejects Call to Keep Non-Citizens on Voter Rolls | Sunshine State News

On top of that. yes, voter ID would prove whether they were eligible to vote or not.

Want so more?
Two elections supervisors are taking action after an NBC2 investigation uncovers flawed record keeping and human error allowing people who are not citizens of the United States to vote.

No one knows how widespread this problem is, because county election supervisors have no way to track non-citizens who live here.

So NBC2 did something election officials never thought to do, and found them on our own.

"I vote every year," Hinako Dennett told NBC2.

The Cape Coral resident is not a US citizen, yet she's registered to vote.
NBC2 found Dennett after reviewing her jury excusal form. She told the Clerk of Court she couldn't serve as a juror because she wasn't a U.S. citizen.

We found her name, and nearly a hundred others like her, in the database of Florida registered voters.

Naples resident Yvonne Wigglesworth is also a not a citizen, but is registered to vote. She claims she doesn't know how she got registered.

"I have no idea. I mean, how am I supposed to know."

Records show Wigglesworth voted six times in elections dating back eleven years.
"I know you cannot vote before you become a citizen, so I never tried to do anything like that," Samuel Lincoln said.

He isn't a U.S. citizen either, but the Jamaican national says he doesn't know how he ended up registered to vote.

"It's their mistake, not mine," said Lincoln.

We obtained a copy of his 2007 voter registration application. It's clearly shows he marked U.S. citizen.

"This is under oath, that document, they are attesting that it is true and by falsifying, it's a third degree felony," said Tim Durham, Collier County's chief elections supervisor.

This goes on all over the country, yet nothing is being done to stop it. Those one hundred voters, if they voted differently from me and 99 others that voted the same as me, wiped out my vote and 99 others. This is a problem that is much bigger than you will ever acknowledge it is, becuase you want exactly this to be able to continue.

There are dead on the rolls, still voting, there are non US citizens on the rolls voting and yet you could care less.

And Florida was denied the use of the database that can be used to confirm illegal aliens on the voting rolls by the Obama administration. Florida had to sue to get the right to what should have been a given.

Governor Rick Scott’s campaign to purge Florida voter rolls of non-citizens declared another victory last week when the U.S. Department of Homeland Security agreed to let Florida use its database of registered aliens for the task.

The agreement comes a month after Florida sued Homeland Security for access to the database and two weeks after a federal judge in another lawsuit ruled that an earlier attempt to scrub the voter list did not violate the law. The Obama administration had denied Florida’s request to use the database for months, but relented after the ruling two weeks ago.
Ruling lets Florida use Homeland Security database to purge... | www.palmbeachpost.com

I am a conservative with a brain, and I am opposed to Voter ID.
I like conservatives with brains and this country needs more of you.

Especially ones with the balls to go against the grain of their party when they feel the need arises.

Those who fail to toe the line of 'conservative' dogma are rare indeed and almost always attacked as RINO! Suggesting that only 'conservatives' are welcome in the former GOP. The Republican tent seems to get smaller and smaller each week.

I am a conservative with a brain, and I am opposed to Voter ID.
I like conservatives with brains and this country needs more of you.

Especially ones with the balls to go against the grain of their party when they feel the need arises.

simple question
you have to provide a govt ID for medications
you have to provide a govt ID for a govt ID
why is it Billo you fear the voter supplying the same? a picture ID that is govt issued?
it does take balls to go against any grain
and stating one is a conservative yet supports the liberal aganda of voter ID (or lack of) sort makes one, well, not conservative
A blue Dog Democrat (who no longer is allowed in the party) would probably even support this
this has nothing to do with party alliance
why is it to do anything with-in the federal govt but one thing requires usually 2 different types of govt issued ID but voting?
Now there has got to be a reason
WHAT IS IT?

if an illegal vote wipes out a legitimate vote, it is one too many.
Illegal votes occur only 0.0006% of the time.

Wasting time and energy to prevent something like that, is like taking steps to prevent yourself from being hit by lightning.

That is what your sources claim. If truth be known, if we could actually truly locate all the votes that have been committed by those that are dead, those that are illegals, and those that vote in more than one state, I would garner it would be high enough to effect an election. Count on it. And the fact is there have been local and state elctions won by only one vote. But due to inane voter laws as most stand, it is nearly impossible to locate all such votes with the sources on hand, as well as the political leaning of those involved in our voting systems. What needs to be done is take away any chance of anyone involved in our voting systems from being able to in any way, shape or form look the other way for their candidates, tamper with ballot boxes, etc.

The only reasonable way is to actually make certain that all voters are actually who they say they are, are US citizens, are voting in their proper districts, and actually alive and well, and have only voted once.

I also think that every voter registration should be given a randomized code which is given by machine and sealed by machine, in which only the voter can uncover and in which when that voter votes, he enters that number to be associated with that ballot. That individual can then check how their vote was recorded and counted. By so doing no one person or persons would know who that vote belonged to, other than the individual voting. OR something similar.

These two things could help safe guard our elections as they have never been.
Would it fully prevent any fraud? No, but it would lessen it to the degree one could feel pretty confident their vote is not being wiped out by an illegal or dead person.

I also believe that something needs to change to keep primaries on the up and up within a given party - not able to be tampered with by those outside their respective parties.

simple question
you have to provide a govt ID for medications
you have to provide a govt ID for a govt ID
why is it Billo you fear the voter supplying the same?
Do you have comprehension issues? Because I already stated I don't fear the Voter ID law, so why do you continue to talk like I do? For what possible reason would I fear that law? I have an ID. I've had a drivers license ever since I got my learners permit when I was 15-1/2 years old. If you think I fear that law, then have some balls and state why I do.

a picture ID that is govt issued?
it does take balls to go against any grain
and stating one is a conservative yet supports the liberal aganda of voter ID (or lack of) sort makes one, well, not conservative
A blue Dog Democrat (who no longer is allowed in the party) would probably even support this
this has nothing to do with party alliance
why is it to do anything with-in the federal govt but one thing requires usually 2 different types of govt issued ID but voting?
Now there has got to be a reason
WHAT IS IT?
The voter ID law is a racist attempt to prevent minorities and the elderly from voting, because that demographic historically votes democrat. Since the republicans have done nothing to get votes, they are now focused on preventing people from voting democrat.

These are modern day Jim Crow laws trying to prevent something that occurs only 0.0006% of the time.

That is what your sources claim. If truth be known, if we could actually truly locate all the votes that have been committed by those that are dead, those that are illegals, and those that vote in more than one state, I would garner it would be high enough to effect an election. Count on it. And the fact is there have been local and state elctions won by only one vote. But due to inane voter laws as most stand, it is nearly impossible to locate all such votes with the sources on hand, as well as the political leaning of those involved in our voting systems. What needs to be done is take away any chance of anyone involved in our voting systems from being able to in any way, shape or form look the other way for their candidates, tamper with ballot boxes, etc.

The only reasonable way is to actually make certain that all voters are actually who they say they are, are US citizens, are voting in their proper districts, and actually alive and well, and have only voted once.

I also think that every voter registration should be given a randomized code which is given by machine and sealed by machine, in which only the voter can uncover and in which when that voter votes, he enters that number to be associated with that ballot. That individual can then check how their vote was recorded and counted. By so doing no one person or persons would know who that vote belonged to, other than the individual voting. OR something similar.

Would it fully prevent any fraud? No, but it would lessen it to the degree one could feel pretty confident their vote is not being wiped out by an illegal or dead person.

I also believe that something needs to change to keep primaries on the up and up within a given party - not able to be tampered with by those outside their respective parties.
The actual number of people voting illegally is very small and rarely occurs.

of all the elections held between 2002 and 2005, only 24 voters were convicted of fraud in federal courts, and those convicted often had no intent of committing a crime.
Think of all the people who casted ballots during those years and only "24" were found guilty of illegally voting!

The voter fraud you're referring to, is more like voter suppression.

The actual number of people voting illegally is very small and rarely occurs.

of all the elections held between 2002 and 2005, only 24 voters were convicted of fraud in federal courts, and those convicted often had no intent of committing a crime.
Think of all the people who casted ballots during those years and only "24" were found guilty of illegally voting!

The voter fraud you're referring to, is more like voter suppression.
Research from that group out of Quebec is obviously lacking as just the local NBC alone found 100 votes in one small area of Florida.

Oh please, if you know anything about our voting system there is virtually no way for us to know how much goes on as there are no real safe guards to prevent it. We can argue until the cows come home over this issue, but you will not sway me.

http://electionlawblog.org/wp-content/uploads/1984_grand_jury_report-r84-11.pdf
http://s3.amazonaws.com/thf_media/2008/pdf/lm23.pdf

read these cases and tell me you think our voting system is satisfactory.

Forum List

Back