Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

who doesn't have an ID.....? dead people....? oh wait....those are the ones voting....

Anyone who does not drive and does not have a motor vehicle agency accessible to them. The elderly, poor, urban residents

The same people Republicans do not want to vote

the elderly....what do they use now to ID themselves when buying drugs or doing their banking or whatever....? if they can manage to get to the polls they can manage to get a new ID if they don't already have one...or is it you prefer to vote for them...?

the poor.....they manage to eat, drink, smoke, have 2 tv sets, a phone, an apt., a car, food, utilities, etc. etc.
if they want to vote as well they need to fit the minimal/no cost of an ID into their budget....if they can make their way to the polls they can make their way to the ID place too...an ID will usually last for many years...or is it you prefer to vote for them....?

urban residents know how to take a bus.....don't they....?

What does a phone have to do with people voting

You want people to have ID before they can vote......provide them one

What are you afraid of?

Anyone who does not drive and does not have a motor vehicle agency accessible to them. The elderly, poor, urban residents

the elderly....what do they use now to ID themselves when buying drugs or doing their banking or whatever....? if they can manage to get to the polls they can manage to get a new ID if they don't already have one...or is it you prefer to vote for them...?

the poor.....they manage to eat, drink, smoke, have 2 tv sets, a phone, an apt., a car, food, utilities, etc. etc.
if they want to vote as well they need to fit the minimal/no cost of an ID into their budget....if they can make their way to the polls they can make their way to the ID place too...an ID will usually last for many years...or is it you prefer to vote for them....?

What are you afraid of?

can't you use an Obama phone to call Obama to pay for their ID card too...?

if you Dems take them to the ID place and to the polls you prolly have a vote....or is this too much work compared to just voting for them...?

What are you afraid of?

People already have ID cards, why is it they can pull them out when they get Welfare yet somehow showing them at a polling station is simply too difficult?
Because it really isn't about poor people at all, it's about making sure that dead Democrats have the ability to cast their absentee ballots.

What are you afraid of?

if you Dems take them to the ID place and to the polls you prolly have a vote....or is this too much work compared to just voting for them...?

What does that have to do with voting rights?

What are you afraid of?

then what good are Obama phones....?

You were wrong before and you’re wrong now.

Public assistance is issued via a debit card, not ‘checks.’

And there is no Constitutional right to cash a check, there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

Do you understand English?
To obtain public assistance ( it does not matter how is it issued) one has to provide TONS of paperwork and proofs to the public assistance office and that is repeated EVERY YEAR - somehow nobody gets offended or pissed and everybody complies.

Constitutional right to vote does not mean one should not prove he is eligible to do so.
Prove it - and you can exercise your Constitutional right.

Incorrect.

Public assistance is applied for online, no physical ID is required because the eligibility interview is conducted over the phone. While the application is being processed the applicant’s identity is verified using his SSN via NUMIDENT.

A citizen documents his eligibility when he registers to vote, subsequent to that no further requirement is justified unless there is evidence of fraud.

WRONG. Not everywhere it is online, ID is required, in some states - a proof of citizenship as well. A lot of other paperwork, including your tax return forms and some other documents ( differs from state to state). And you have to admit this information EVERY YEAR for public assistance of any type. Even for Medicaid. Even in a liberal states as NY is.

Last edited:

What are you afraid of?

It has everything to do with voting rights. If people who are not legally eligible to do so vote, and if people vote multiple times, then the votes of the law-abiding voters Count Less. The only way to ensure One Vote for One Eligible Voter is via checking IDs.

But the fraud serves the Big Government Statists just fine, so they try to turn the ID issue into one of Racism.

Last edited:
Research from that group out of Quebec is obviously lacking as just the local NBC alone found 100 votes in one small area of Florida.

Oh please, if you know anything about our voting system there is virtually no way for us to know how much goes on as there are no real safe guards to prevent it. We can argue until the cows come home over this issue, but you will not sway me.

http://electionlawblog.org/wp-content/uploads/1984_grand_jury_report-r84-11.pdf
http://s3.amazonaws.com/thf_media/2008/pdf/lm23.pdf

read these cases and tell me you think our voting system is satisfactory.
I never said our voting system is satisfactory and there is more than one research group that has come up with similar numbers.

There is voter fraud we should be concerned with, but it is how electronic voting machines tabulate the votes where this occurs. Illegally programing these machines is very easy to do.

Are you joking?
how do we know that?
So the banks having your picture ID to open an account is racist?
the State asking you for a picture ID to get your DL is racist?
How about going to work for the federal govt and doing your I9?
People do not have a Constitutional right to have a bank account.

People do not have a Constitutional right to have a drivers license.

People do not have a Constitutional right to have a job.

People do have a Constitutional right to vote.

Last edited:

It has everything to do with voting rights. If people who are not legally eligible to do so vote, and if people vote multiple times, then the votes of the law-abiding voters Count Less. The only way to ensure One Vote for One Eligible Voter is via checking IDs.

But the fraud serves the Big Government Statists just fine, so they try to turn the ID issue into one of Racism.

Our municipality has used a signature to validate eligibility for over 50 years. We don't have any issues with fraud

The main reason I see given is that somehow non whites i.e. blacks and Hispanics would be to heavily burdened by having to get a photo I.D. and would thus be discouraged from voting. This logic makes no sense given the number of things you already need a photo I.D. to do.

The main reason I see given is that somehow non whites i.e. blacks and Hispanics would be to heavily burdened by having to get a photo I.D. and would thus be discouraged from voting. This logic makes no sense given the number of things you already need a photo I.D. to do.

I have no issue with having to show voter ID. However, I do have a concern with this becoming a backdoor mechanism to restrict access to voting. Pass more and more laws making it inconvenient or impossible to obtain ID. Remove IDs from motor vehicle agencies and put them in communities.

My second issue is how do you account for absentee voting? They are not required to show ID. How do you restrict voting from those who show up to vote and not those who mail in their vote?

Forum List

Back