Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

The main reason I see given is that somehow non whites i.e. blacks and Hispanics would be to heavily burdened by having to get a photo I.D. and would thus be discouraged from voting. This logic makes no sense given the number of things you already need a photo I.D. to do.

I have no issue with having to show voter ID. However, I do have a concern with this becoming a backdoor mechanism to restrict access to voting. Pass more and more laws making it inconvenient or impossible to obtain ID. Remove IDs from motor vehicle agencies and put them in communities.

My second issue is how do you account for absentee voting? They are not required to show ID. How do you restrict voting from those who show up to vote and not those who mail in their vote?

Republicans must get the majority with absentee voting, so for those they don't care.

Are you joking?
how do we know that?
So the banks having your picture ID to open an account is racist?
the State asking you for a picture ID to get your DL is racist?
How about going to work for the federal govt and doing your I9?
People do not have a Constitutional right to have a bank account.

People do not have a Constitutional right to have a drivers license.

People do not have a Constitutional right to have a job.

People do have a Constitutional right to vote.

No, billo, they don't.

There is no Constitutional right to vote.

It was just ruled on when ManBearPig lost the 2000 Election no once, but three times, in Bush v. Gore. In its decision, the SCOTUS said --

“The individual citizen has no federal constitutional right to vote...."

There is no 'right' to vote in the US Constitution. All there is, is a protection against discrimination in those States that DO give their citizens a right to vote.

God, but dimocraps try my patience :cuckoo:

Are you joking?
how do we know that?

So equal rights only apply when when it is a convience to the left?

American Civil War, most white men were allowed to vote, whether or not they owned property. Literacy tests, poll taxes, and even religious tests were used in various places, and most white women, people of color, and Native Americans still could not vote.[1]

The United States Constitution, in Article VI, section 3, states that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The Constitution, however, leaves the determination of voting qualifications to the individual states. Over time, the federal role in elections has increased through amendments to the Constitution and enacted legislation, such as the Voting Rights Act of 1965.[2] At least four of the fifteen post-Civil War constitutional amendments were ratified specifically to extend voting rights to different groups of citizens. These extensions state that voting rights cannot be denied or abridged based on the following:
Birth - "All persons born or naturalized" "are citizens" of the U.S. and the U.S. State where they reside (14th Amendment, 1868) "Race, color, or previous condition of servitude" - (15th Amendment, 1870)
"On account of sex" - (19th Amendment, 1920)
In Washington, D.C., presidential elections (23rd Amendment, 1961)
(For federal elections) "By reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax" - (24th Amendment, 1964) (For state elections) Taxes - (Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections, 383 U.S. 663 (1966))

"Who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of age" (26th Amendment, 1971).
In addition, the 17th Amendment provided for the direct election of United States Senators.

The "right to vote" is not explicitly stated in the U.S. Constitution except in the above referenced amendments, and only in reference to the fact that the franchise cannot be denied or abridged based solely on the aforementioned qualifications. In other words, the "right to vote" is perhaps better understood, in layman's terms, as only prohibiting certain forms of legal discrimination in establishing qualifications for suffrage. States may deny the "right to vote" for other reasons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_rights_in_the_United_States
Okay
how do we know they are 18?
How do we know there an American citizen?
That they are not paying there taxes?
In fact the amendments clearly state reasons that support a govt issued ID MUST be present at time of vote
How do we know there even alive?

Last edited:
Are you joking?
how do we know that?

American Civil War, most white men were allowed to vote, whether or not they owned property. Literacy tests, poll taxes, and even religious tests were used in various places, and most white women, people of color, and Native Americans still could not vote.[1]

The United States Constitution, in Article VI, section 3, states that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The Constitution, however, leaves the determination of voting qualifications to the individual states. Over time, the federal role in elections has increased through amendments to the Constitution and enacted legislation, such as the Voting Rights Act of 1965.[2] At least four of the fifteen post-Civil War constitutional amendments were ratified specifically to extend voting rights to different groups of citizens. These extensions state that voting rights cannot be denied or abridged based on the following:
Birth - "All persons born or naturalized" "are citizens" of the U.S. and the U.S. State where they reside (14th Amendment, 1868) "Race, color, or previous condition of servitude" - (15th Amendment, 1870)
(For federal elections) "By reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax" - (24th Amendment, 1964) (For state elections) Taxes - (Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections, 383 U.S. 663 (1966))

"Who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of age" (26th Amendment, 1971).
In addition, the 17th Amendment provided for the direct election of United States Senators.

The "right to vote" is not explicitly stated in the U.S. Constitution except in the above referenced amendments, and only in reference to the fact that the franchise cannot be denied or abridged based solely on the aforementioned qualifications. In other words, the "right to vote" is perhaps better understood, in layman's terms, as only prohibiting certain forms of legal discrimination in establishing qualifications for suffrage. States may deny the "right to vote" for other reasons.
Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Okay
In fact the amendments clearly state reasons that support a govt issued ID MUST be present at time of vote

This makes it inconvenient for dimocraps.

They'll have to find another way to cheat.

And they will. Hoo-Boy, they will.

People, the dimocrap party is not a political organization, it is a criminal enterprise.

Once you reconcile yourself to that fact, everything else makes sense

Okay

People, the dimocrap party is not a political organization, it is a criminal enterprise.

But I love for them to look in the mirror and know there lying to them selves
They know in an honest debate about the facts they lose every-time, all the time

Okay

But I love for them to look in the mirror and know there lying to them selves
They know in an honest debate about the facts they lose every-time, all the time

It's a sickness, a Mental Illness.

If you know anyone that is truly mentally ill, you know that they are experts in deceiving themselves and convincing themselves that they are never really wrong. it's always somebody else's fault, there's some sort of conspiracy somewhere, somehow, that is denying them their right to....... Something. Take your pick.

They are also expert in convincing themselves that, even when they're proven wrong by initial acclamation, that it really was't their fault.

They may admit, at first, that they were wrong or mistaken to give themselves room to maneuver but give them a few minutes or days and they'll convince themselves that they were never wrong.

dimocraps are not only stupid and criminal, they're mentally unbalanced.

But, the truth is -- The three afflictions go hand in hand

Here's the way to go...but everyone's too "scared".

The Quick Way to End the Vote-Fraud Wars? A National ID Card

Leave it to a MJ writer to offer a solution that would fail about two seconds after it was brought up in the House.

Can't do it. And the author knows it.

It would stop voter fraud and end the employment of illegal aliens in its tracks

Why wouldn't conservatives love it?

I didn't say I wouldn't "Love" it, I said it would fall flat on it's face the minute it was introduced.

We are a Federalist Country. Power is shared between the States and the Federal gubmint.

The States retain all powers not specifically granted by the Constitution to the Federal Government.

The Federal Government simply does not have the power, or the right, to do something like that.

STATES do.

At least they do now

Last edited:
Leave it to a MJ writer to offer a solution that would fail about two seconds after it was brought up in the House.

It would stop voter fraud and end the employment of illegal aliens in its tracks

I didn't say I wouldn't "Love" it, I said it would fall flat on it's face the minute it was introduced.

We are a Federalist Country. Power is shared between the states and the Federal gubmint.

The States retain all powers not specifically by the Constitution to the Federal Government.

The Federal Government simply does not have the power, or the right, to do something like that.

STATES do.

At least they do now

What's a SS card then?

They sure as hell could and should do it for Federal elections.

We are a Federalist Country. Power is shared between the States and the Federal gubmint.

The States retain all powers not specifically granted by the Constitution to the Federal Government.

STATES do.

At least they do now

Nothing there precludes a National ID Card. States are free to issue their own cards

STATES do.

At least they do now

Nothing there precludes a National ID Card. States are free to issue their own cards

The SCOTUS has already ruled against an "Internal Passport".

Jesus Fukking Christ On A Fukking Pogo Stick, guys..... Why not just tattoo a fukking bar code on kids' foreheads when they're born?

You need to think before you speak. This is how we get really STUPID laws in this Country.

You mean well, but you don't think

STATES do.

At least they do now

Jesus Fukking Christ On A Fukking Pogo Stick, guys..... Why not just tattoo a fukking bar code on kids' foreheads when they're born?

You need to think before you speak. This is how we get really STUPID laws in this Country.

A passport regulates your transit between states. There is no restriction on moving anywhere in the US.
A biometrically linked ID could be used for every form of ID.....Social security, voter ID, drivers license, health ID, credit card, job verification card anything you currently carry in your wallet with your name on it.

The Mark of the devil is requiring you to carry dozens of cards that basically verify who you are....carry ONE card that can't be forged and be done with it

You want voter ID? Slide the card into your computer and vote from home

The main reason I see given is that somehow non whites i.e. blacks and Hispanics would be to heavily burdened by having to get a photo I.D. and would thus be discouraged from voting. This logic makes no sense given the number of things you already need a photo I.D. to do.

I have no issue with having to show voter ID. However, I do have a concern with this becoming a backdoor mechanism to restrict access to voting. Pass more and more laws making it inconvenient or impossible to obtain ID. Remove IDs from motor vehicle agencies and put them in communities.

My second issue is how do you account for absentee voting? They are not required to show ID. How do you restrict voting from those who show up to vote and not those who mail in their vote?
For absentee voting it seems you just have them send a copy of the photo I.D.with the ballot with that I don't think it would that difficult to confirm you are who you claim to be.

A passport regulates your transit between states. There is no restriction on moving anywhere in the US.
A biometrically linked ID could be used for every form of ID.....Social security, voter ID, drivers license, health ID, credit card, job verification card anything you currently carry in your wallet with your name on it.

The Mark of the devil is requiring you to carry dozens of cards that basically verify who you are....carry ONE card that can't be forged and be done with it

You want voter ID? Slide the card into your computer and vote from home

sorry, I don't want my life wrapped up into one card in which the feds and hackers have access to.

And no, I have nothing to hide. I just prefer to live under the freedom and privacy in which this country is supposed to stand far

For absentee voting it seems you just have them send a copy of the photo I.D.with the ballot with that I don't think it would that difficult to confirm you are who you claim to be.

How do they verify the photo?

Forum List

Back