Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

No, billo, they don't.

There is no Constitutional right to vote.
Of coarse there is!

What do you think this means?

Section. 2.

The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States
How do you think they choose?

By drawing straws?

God, but dimocraps try my patience :cuckoo:
I'm not a democrat.

The Constitution says that Congressmen shall be chosen by the people.

It doesn't say how, does it?

Where in the Constitution does the Federal Government guarantee a right to vote?

It does not. Nowhere. No how.

It's up to the States to decide how Congressmen, Senators and Electoral College Members are selected.

Look, I don't give a shit of you want to remain ignorant. That's up to you.

But the Courts currently agree that the Federal Constitution absolutely does NOT guarantee a right to vote.

Just google, "No constitutional right to vote" and you'll get hundreds of articles that agree with me and around zero that agree with you.

And the ones that agree with me? They're authored by the Supreme Court Of The United States

Here's an article from Politifact, which is to the left of Fidel Castro,

PolitiFact Wisconsin | U.S. Constitution is not explicit on the right to vote, Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan says

"Nothing in the Constitution explicitly guarantees our right to vote."
Mark Pocan on Monday, May 13th, 2013 in a speech

U.S. Constitution is not explicit on the right to vote, Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan says

Share this story:

Where does the right to vote come from?

There was news out of the U.S. Capitol on May 13, 2013 that U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Madison, proposed to amend the Constitution to ...

Guarantee the right to vote.

Wait, what?

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif

I have no problem with voter ID as long as conservatives provide every American with a free ID....not a hodge podge of rules and regulations

free drivers licenses.....! yes...! how about free tags too.....? and free auto insurance...?

Drivers licenses are for driving cars

If Republucans insist on voter IDs for voting then they need to set up a mechanism to provide them free of charge

A driver's license is a form of ID. It can be used as an ID for many things, including voting. Duh!

Republicans are insisting on voter ID, they should be pleased to provide a mechanism to ensure every American has an ID

Once you reach a set percentage of Americans with acceptable ID, the voter ID laws can take effect

who doesn't have an ID.....? dead people....? oh wait....those are the ones voting....

Anyone who does not drive and does not have a motor vehicle agency accessible to them. The elderly, poor, urban residents

The same people Republicans do not want to vote

Even old people have an ID of some sort. As do urban residents and yes even poor people. You're losing this argument.

The entire voter ID card movement is an extension of what Karl Rove and Timothy Griffin perpetrated in Florida in 2000. Florida was going to be the tipping point and Rove knew it well in advance and was able to create voter caging, and that's how Dubya won.....by 500 (or was it 300? Damn those hanging chads) votes in Florida if anyone cares to remember.

That creative thinking by "Bush's Brain" has been taken to new LOW levels with this virtually non-existent notion of voter fraud. What a pile.

Tim Griffin was such a good little bitch for Rove that he received the appointment of U.S. Attorney for Arkansas, but he resigned in 2007 after John Conyers released the Bush-Cheney emails in 2004 that involved the set up of voter caging in Florida.

Comprehensive Database of U.S. Voter Fraud Uncovers No Evidence That Photo ID Is Needed
Who Can Vote? - A News21 2012 National Project

who doesn't have an ID.....? dead people....? oh wait....those are the ones voting....

Anyone who does not drive and does not have a motor vehicle agency accessible to them. The elderly, poor, urban residents

Even old people have an ID of some sort. As do urban residents and yes even poor people. You're losing this argument.

Studies have shown that roughly 11% of the population does not have an ID that would be considered valid in the ID states.

When that number is equal to or lesser than Voter fraud (that would be stopped by ID at the polling place), I'm 100% behind voter ID.

Studies have shown that roughly 11% of the population does not have an ID that would be considered valid in the ID states.

When that number is equal to or lesser than Voter fraud (that would be stopped by ID at the polling place), I'm 100% behind voter ID.

Fine. Then that 11% can get an ID free of charge. I have no problem with that if it equals the playing field. I assume safeguards would be put in place to prevent illegal immigrants from getting IDs?

Fine. Then that 11% can get an ID free of charge. I have no problem with that if it equals the playing field. I assume safeguards would be put in place to prevent illegal immigrants from getting IDs?

It often isn't about cost but access. The onus should be on the state to get them one, not on the voter...who has been voting since they were 21 and is now 90.

Sixteen Months ain't enough time, huh? Moron.

Make it two years and you got yourself a deal, asshat.

And what do you mean, they want inane types of ID while disallowing other forms? That's a crock of shit.

Like a Student ID? Right, I trust the local College League of Communists to provide a bono fide ID. No problem.

Spoken like a true uneducated, paranoid redneck.

Voter fraud happens all the time, it's only the BIG cases we hear about. Like the 40 convictions at ACORN, the shutting down of ACORN, the regestration drive in Ohio, Minnesota and the 1,100 Prison Inmates who voted.

And like I said, if it's not a big deal, then why are you so worried about it?

I do not know now, and have never known anyone -- ANYONE, who couldn't prove who he or she was with a bon fide ID.

But I don't hang in dimocrap circles. Maybe you can give us some examples of who doesn't have a proper ID

I'm not your mother wiping your snotty nose for you. Do your own investigation and get educated.... or is Googling for research now considered communist by you now too?

free drivers licenses.....! yes...! how about free tags too.....? and free auto insurance...?

Drivers licenses are for driving cars

If Republucans insist on voter IDs for voting then they need to set up a mechanism to provide them free of charge

A driver's license is a form of ID. It can be used as an ID for many things, including voting. Duh!
Your mommy teach you that?

Had nothing to do with my post

It often isn't about cost but access. The onus should be on the state to get them one, not on the voter...who has been voting since they were 21 and is now 90.

bullshit! are you so stupid that you are claiming that 11% of americans do not have one of the following: drivers license, pay stub, utility bill, student ID, medicare card, welfare card, unemployment card, military ID, non-driver state ID.

are you so dumb that you think that 30 million americans don't have any form of ID? Really?

Is you 90 year old on the voter rolls? if so, he or she showed an ID at some point to register. is your 90 year old on medicare or medicaid? then he or she has an ID.

you are just wrong on this wytch, better move on.

A passport regulates your transit between states. There is no restriction on moving anywhere in the US.
A biometrically linked ID could be used for every form of ID.....Social security, voter ID, drivers license, health ID, credit card, job verification card anything you currently carry in your wallet with your name on it.

The Mark of the devil is requiring you to carry dozens of cards that basically verify who you are....carry ONE card that can't be forged and be done with it

You want voter ID? Slide the card into your computer and vote from home

sorry, I don't want my life wrapped up into one card in which the feds and hackers have access to.
What do you think a Social Security card is?

Too late for you to worry about feds and hackers at this point.

social security is simply a card attesting to my US birth. It does not know my banking info, credit card info, etc. IT is much different.

sorry, I don't want my life wrapped up into one card in which the feds and hackers have access to.

social security is simply a card attesting to my US birth. It does not know my banking info, credit card info, etc. IT is much different.

which is why this card should be used instead of a drivers license....

many states are now handing out drivers licenses like candy to illegals....

bullshit! are you so stupid that you are claiming that 11% of americans do not have one of the following: drivers license, pay stub, utility bill, student ID, medicare card, welfare card, unemployment card, military ID, non-driver state ID.

are you so dumb that you think that 30 million americans don't have any form of ID? Really?

If it is so few Americans who lack ID, you should have no problem providing it free of charge

Then they have nothing to complain about

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

Not afraid, the liberals are instead (correctly) upset at the fact the GOP is pushing for these ridiculous, useless laws designed to do one thing and one thing only - disenfranchise the poorer classes.

Very shameful that the Republicans need to stoop to this level to win elections.

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

Not afraid, the liberals are instead (correctly) upset at the fact the GOP is pushing for these ridiculous, useless laws designed to do one thing and one thing only - disenfranchise the poorer classes.

Very shameful that the Republicans need to stoop to this level to win elections.

I don't understand....

Why would the poor be less inclined to have an ID than anybody else?

They don't drive?

They don't get Welfare?

They get SSI or Medicaid?

They don't get Food Stamps?

They don't work -- Anywhere?

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me

No, it's much more than just attesting to your birth. It might not know your banking and financial info but it certainly is the key to unlocking all of that information, all bank accounts, tax info, credit accounts, mortgages, etc. The fact that SS numbers contain no biometric information makes it a key, once obtained, can be used with relative ease to acquire any and all information about an individual.

Conservative support of photo ID laws has nothing to do with the right’s desire to ensure the ‘integrity of the voting process.’

As correctly noted by the Brennan Center’s report on the myth of ‘voter fraud’:

It is a an article of religious faith among republicans that they lose elections as a consequence of ‘fraud.’

That there is no evidence of this or widespread ‘fraud’ in general is of course irrelevant – as republicans would never admit to the fact that they lose elections as a consequence of failed conservative policies, not ‘fraud.’

I did not say "any ID", I said the ID that is required by states for voting. Not the same thing or are you too dumb to know the difference?

Forum List

Back