Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

simple question
you have to provide a govt ID for medications
you have to provide a govt ID for a govt ID
why is it Billo you fear the voter supplying the same?
Do you have comprehension issues? Because I already stated I don't fear the Voter ID law, so why do you continue to talk like I do? For what possible reason would I fear that law? I have an ID. I've had a drivers license ever since I got my learners permit when I was 15-1/2 years old. If you think I fear that law, then have some balls and state why I do.

a picture ID that is govt issued?
it does take balls to go against any grain
and stating one is a conservative yet supports the liberal aganda of voter ID (or lack of) sort makes one, well, not conservative
A blue Dog Democrat (who no longer is allowed in the party) would probably even support this
this has nothing to do with party alliance
why is it to do anything with-in the federal govt but one thing requires usually 2 different types of govt issued ID but voting?
Now there has got to be a reason
WHAT IS IT?
The voter ID law is a racist attempt to prevent minorities and the elderly from voting, because that demographic historically votes democrat. Since the republicans have done nothing to get votes, they are now focused on preventing people from voting democrat.

These are modern day Jim Crow laws trying to prevent something that occurs only 0.0006% of the time.

Are you joking?
how do we know that?
So the banks having your picture ID to open an account is racist?
the State asking you for a picture ID to get your DL is racist?
How about going to work for the federal govt and doing your I9?

If you have no way of knowing the person who is voting is the person who is voting
That is the point people

That is what your sources claim. If truth be known, if we could actually truly locate all the votes that have been committed by those that are dead, those that are illegals, and those that vote in more than one state, I would garner it would be high enough to effect an election. Count on it. And the fact is there have been local and state elctions won by only one vote. But due to inane voter laws as most stand, it is nearly impossible to locate all such votes with the sources on hand, as well as the political leaning of those involved in our voting systems. What needs to be done is take away any chance of anyone involved in our voting systems from being able to in any way, shape or form look the other way for their candidates, tamper with ballot boxes, etc.

The only reasonable way is to actually make certain that all voters are actually who they say they are, are US citizens, are voting in their proper districts, and actually alive and well, and have only voted once.

I also think that every voter registration should be given a randomized code which is given by machine and sealed by machine, in which only the voter can uncover and in which when that voter votes, he enters that number to be associated with that ballot. That individual can then check how their vote was recorded and counted. By so doing no one person or persons would know who that vote belonged to, other than the individual voting. OR something similar.

These two things could help safe guard our elections as they have never been.
Would it fully prevent any fraud? No, but it would lessen it to the degree one could feel pretty confident their vote is not being wiped out by an illegal or dead person.

I also believe that something needs to change to keep primaries on the up and up within a given party - not able to be tampered with by those outside their respective parties.
The actual number of people voting illegally is very small and rarely occurs.

of all the elections held between 2002 and 2005, only 24 voters were convicted of fraud in federal courts, and those convicted often had no intent of committing a crime.
Think of all the people who casted ballots during those years and only "24" were found guilty of illegally voting!

The voter fraud you're referring to, is more like voter suppression.

oh, and as of 2011, stemming from the 2008 general elections, MN had prosecuted voter fraud which resulted in 113 convictions with more coming -
113 convictions represent small fraction of total unlawful votes

ST. PAUL, Minn., Oct. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Minnesota Majority today released a report on voter fraud convictions to date stemming from Minnesota's 2008 general election. The report finds that 113 individuals who voted illegally in the 2008 election have been convicted of the crime, "ineligible voter knowingly votes" under Minnesota Statute 201.014.
Minnesota Leads the Nation in Voter Fraud Convictions -- ST. PAUL, Minn., Oct. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

What I find interesting is the feds aren't known for prosecuting voter fraud, yet that is what all these so-called studies are basing their research on. Couldn't have a motive there, now could they?

Last edited:
5.1 INVESTIGATION AND PROSECUTION OF ELECTION FRAUD
While election fraud is difficult to measure, it occurs. The U.S. Department of Justice has launched more than 180 investigations into election fraud since October 2002. These investigations have resulted in charges for multiple voting, providing false information on their felon status, and other offenses against 89 individuals and in convictions of 52 individuals. The convictions related to a variety of election fraud offenses, from vote buying to submitting false voter registration information and voting-related offenses by non-citizens.54

In addition to the federal investigations, state attorneys general and local prosecutors handle cases of election fraud. Other cases are never pursued because of the difficulty in obtaining sufficient evidence for prosecution or because of the low priority given to election fraud cases. One district attorney, for example, explained that he did not pursue allegations of fraudulent voter registration because that is a victimless and nonviolent crime.55

Text only Version - Building Confidence in U.S. Elections: Report of the Commission on Federal Election Reform
this proves that report listing only 24 federal convictions posted by Bill Really was fraudulent on its own, what a surprise! (not) This was from late 2002 -2005

Last edited:
I have no problem with voter ID as long as conservatives provide every American with a free ID....not a hodge podge of rules and regulations

I have no problem with voter ID as long as conservatives provide every American with a free ID....not a hodge podge of rules and regulations

free drivers licenses.....! yes...! how about free tags too.....? and free auto insurance...?

Drivers licenses are for driving cars

If Republucans insist on voter IDs for voting then they need to set up a mechanism to provide them free of charge

free drivers licenses.....! yes...! how about free tags too.....? and free auto insurance...?

If Republucans insist on voter IDs for voting then they need to set up a mechanism to provide them free of charge

its already there. you can get a free ID in every state. But why should only republicans provide them?

you are a little off your nut on this one RW.

right and free abortion, free birth control pills, free rent, free food, free cell phones, free clothes, free smokes, free medical care--------------freeeeeeeeeeeeee stuff for every american. Why not?

its already there. you can get a free ID in every state. But why should only republicans provide them?

Republicans are insisting on voter ID, they should be pleased to provide a mechanism to ensure every American has an ID

Once you reach a set percentage of Americans with acceptable ID, the voter ID laws can take effect

right and free abortion, free birth control pills, free rent, free food, free cell phones, free clothes, free smokes, free medical care--------------freeeeeeeeeeeeee stuff for every american. Why not?

yessireee.....just vote Democrat.......:lol:

Republicans are insisting on voter ID, they should be pleased to provide a mechanism to ensure every American has an ID

Once you reach a set percentage of Americans with acceptable ID, the voter ID laws can take effect

who doesn't have an ID.....? dead people....? oh wait....those are the ones voting....

who doesn't have an ID.....? dead people....? oh wait....those are the ones voting....

Anyone who does not drive and does not have a motor vehicle agency accessible to them. The elderly, poor, urban residents

The same people Republicans do not want to vote

Anyone who does not drive and does not have a motor vehicle agency accessible to them. The elderly, poor, urban residents

The same people Republicans do not want to vote

the elderly....what do they use now to ID themselves when buying drugs or doing their banking or whatever....? if they can manage to get to the polls they can manage to get a new ID if they don't already have one...or is it you prefer to vote for them...?

the poor.....they manage to eat, drink, smoke, have 2 tv sets, a phone, an apt., a car, food, utilities, etc. etc.
if they want to vote as well they need to fit the minimal/no cost of an ID into their budget....if they can make their way to the polls they can make their way to the ID place too...an ID will usually last for many years...or is it you prefer to vote for them....?

urban residents know how to take a bus.....don't they....?

Forum List

Back