Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

I am a conservative with a brain, and I am opposed to Voter ID.

The only people who are afraid are those demanding more government intervention in elections.

It astonishes me that faux conservatives want the government to impose an additional hurdle between themselves and their Constitutional rights.

Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. As I have stated a zillion times, no one has ever been able to provide a single case of voter fraud which could ONLY have been stopped by Voter ID.

For evidence we need Voter ID, the rubes post cases of someone voting illegally with an absentee ballot! Please explain to me how a voter ID would stop that crime.

They also like to say dead people can vote. Proper management of voter ID rolls would stop that problem without creating yet more government layers and bureaucracy like Voter ID.

The rubes also claim illegals are voting by the millions and NOT ONCE have they ever produced evidence. Not. Once.

They have a powerful desire to believe the illegal darkies have compromised our system and so they believe such claims without doing even the most elemental investigation.

They just...believe. And that is why I call people like you "rubes".

So show us elections are being swung by illegal votes. Show us dead people are voting in large numbers. Show us ANYTHING to PROVE we need Voter ID.

You can't.

All you have is whining and moaning and imaginary fantasies that are not based in reality in any way. Faux conservative rubes are the biggest pack of whiners and cowards to come down the pike in generations.

Last edited:
I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
Federal benifits?
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

Becasue that would make harder to vote for the dead people or illegal aliens who are not supposed to vote. Or exclude multiple voting. Or other falsifications.

If nobody is "disenfranchised " to get an ID to obtain food stamps then nobody should be "disenfranchised" to get the voter ID

I really do not know
Two men? Married?
Federal benifits?

Becasue that would make harder to vote for the dead people or illegal aliens who are not supposed to vote. Or exclude multiple voting. Or other falsifications.

You see? It is people like yourself who are afraid.

Show us all that is going on. And show us how Voter ID is the only way to stop it.

You are wetting your pants over imaginary fearful fantasies. Show us EVIDENCE.

You call yourself a conservative? Yet you sit there DEMANDING more government interference in elections! Without any evidence it is needed. Do you actually delude yourself that you are all about smaller government?

Last edited:
Which deserves more outrage?

One person who is not eligible to vote casting a ballot or one person who is eligible to vote being denied the right to cast a ballot?

Think first, dummies.

of course, the first ( one who is not eligible to vote) is much worse, dummy.
nobody is denied the right to vote if the voter ID is required.Go get it as you quickly will do if that would be needed for any government paycheck

I really do not know
Two men? Married?
Federal benifits?

Show us all that is going on. And show us how Voter ID is the only way to stop it.

You call yourself a conservative? Yet you sit there DEMANDING more government interference in elections! Without any evidence it is needed. Do you actually delude yourself that you are all about smaller government?

No I see YOU are afraid. On a previous page there were NUMEROUS counts of PROVEN voter fraud ( as described) yet you play exceptional blindness.

Yes, I am DEMANDING the government to at least ONCE do it's job and prove it is for some use - and defend MY RIGHT of MY VOTE not to be overturned by ILLEGAL vote.

It is a PRIMARY government responsibility - to defend the laws of this country. One of which states that voting rights are the privilege of the citizens, not the illegals or non-existing people.

One person who is not eligible to vote casting a ballot or one person who is eligible to vote being denied the right to cast a ballot?

Think first, dummies.

nobody is denied the right to vote if the voter ID is required.Go get it as you quickly will do if that would be needed for any government paycheck

You did not think first.

You are not the best representative for your POV.

If I were a Democratic voter I would be pissed as you know what, thinking that some believe me to be too inept to obtain an id card of any sort.

You’re not, and you obviously have no idea what you’re talking about.

The voter is already registered, he documented his citizenship at that time. That may have been 30, perhaps 40 years ago, he’s voted in every election thus keeping his registration current and valid. There’s no rational justification for the state to compel such a voter to ‘prove’ at each election who he is, unless the state has evidence that the voter is attempting to commit fraud or another voting violation.

What would understandably anger any voter is to be required to prove his innocence absent any evidence of wrongdoing.

Is this the same fact check that said Romney's jeep commercial was the biggest lie of the year?
Whoops: PolitiFact's 'Lie of the Year' Turns Out to Be True | The Weekly Standard

Is politifact and factcheck the same? I've no idea, but show some real government stats that show 100%+ voting somewhere. Something believable. Otherwise I see no reason to believe it. Everything I have seen that was believable showed fraud almost didn't exist.

With all the problems we have in the country right now this is an important issue for the Republicans? Really??? Voter turnout is in the 50's and this is an important issue? :cuckoo:

State probes why more voters than residents in Alexander County

Southeast Kansas county has more registered voters than people eligible to vote
Updated: Nov 1, 2010 05:32 PM CDT

COLUMBUS, KANSAS - Voters registration lists are raising questions just one day before mid-term elections.

The Kansas Watchdog Organization reports that six Kansas counties have more voters than the Census voting population, including Cherokee County.
County has more registered voters than people eligible to vote - KOAM TV 7

The total votes casted in Uniontown on Tuesday were 1,431, which represented a turnout of 55 percent of the number of registered voters and 80.6 percent of the town's population. According to the census, when compared with the 1,140 people in the town who are 18 and older, the turnout was 125 percent
Alabama Town has more Voters than Residents

Now think about the actual problem. The town has more REGISTERED voters than people over 18.

HOW WOULD VOTER ID STOP THAT?

It wouldn't.

Someone is mismanaging the rolls.

Think first, dummies.

You did not think first.

It seems the other way around. Or, to the contrary - since you and the left did think and are quite scared that the falsifications would be much harder with voter ID, then you will oppose it even if it is dumb from the point of pure logic, because it is not convenient from the point of voter fraud.

As I said before - if one can prove he/she is eligible for a government handover ( and it can get much more burdensome than to prove you area citizen of this country and live where you live) one can get a voter ID.

And the requirements for those proofs of eligibility for government assistance change all the time - somehow nobody gets "pissed" or "offended" and everybody just complies :lol:

Last edited:
personally I don't give a damn which side is doing it. I just want it stopped. And others that value their votes should as well.

And you really think it is so rampant that Congress should be spending time on this instead of all our other problems? If it is possible both sides are doing it. How about Republicans fix some of the real problems and make people want to vote for them?

You see, I care about my vote. The mere fact you would state that it is not important goes against the very grain of integrity and that for which this country is supposed to stand for. One person - one vote -

John C. Moretina pleaded guilty Monday to a federal felony count of voter fraud in connection with the August 2010 primary in Missouri’s 40th legislative district.
Moretina, 61, entered the plea as part of an agreement with the U.S. attorney.
As part of the plea Moretina admitted he gave false information to the Kansas City Election Board in order to cast a ballot in the Aug. 3, 2010 primary in the 40th legislative district.
The only two Democratic candidates on the 40th district primary ballot were current state Rep. J.J. Rizzo and Will Royster. Rizzo won the primary by one vote, 664 to 663.Moretina is Rizzo’s uncle.
Read more here: BREAKING: Guilty plea in Missouri voter fraud case UPDATED - KansasCity.com

Rutherford recount shows Democratic council candidate won by 1 vote
Rutherford recount shows Democratic council candidate won by 1 vote - NorthJersey.com

The man was guilty of a fraudulent REGISTRATION.

Once again, Voter ID would not have prevented that.

Since he was on the voter registration list, asking for his ID at the voting booth would not have stopped him from voting.

No I see YOU are afraid. On a previous page there were NUMEROUS counts of PROVEN voter fraud ( as described) yet you play exceptional blindness.

Yes, I am DEMANDING the government to at least ONCE do it's job and prove it is for some use - and defend MY RIGHT of MY VOTE not to be overturned by ILLEGAL vote.

It is a PRIMARY government responsibility - to defend the laws of this country. One of which states that voting rights are the privilege of the citizens, not the illegals or non-existing people.

See my previous two posts.

Just as I said, Voter ID would not stop those kinds of frauds. That is all you guys ever come up with. Shit that would not be stopped by voter ID.

Fraudulent registration would not be solved by Voter ID.

FAIL.

You guys have no evidence Voter ID is needed.

See my previous two posts.

Just as I said, Voter ID would not stop those kinds of frauds. That is all you guys every come up with. Shit that would not be stopped by voter ID.

Fake registration would not be solved by Voter ID.

FAIL.

You guys have no evidence Voter ID is needed.

It is YOU who fail.
Or you do not understand what voter ID stands for.
if one does not want to stop any shit fraud, one will invent all the reasons under the sun, including "it won't do anything"

It does. That's why it is so vehemently opposed.

Last edited:
you see, they don't check the signatures at the polls, themselves. And most, unless they have a question, don't check after the fact. And no, your name may not have been taken off the list -
County says state erred with lists of 'dead' voters - Houston Chronicle

The Harris County Attorney's office on Tuesday defended Tax Assessor-Collector Don Sumners' decision not to purge presumed-dead voters from the rolls until after the November election, and accused the secretary of state's office of not following the law in providing a list of 9,000 such voters to the county.

About 72,800 voters statewide have received or will receive letters telling them records suggest they may be dead and that they must act within 30 days to stay on the rolls. The list was generated by the secretary of state using the Social Security Administration's master death file, as outlined in a new state law.

No one's gonna show up and vote as me if I die. They'd have to keep my name on the rolls, then someone would have to show up in my district, at my polling place, and sign my name.

Nope, this isn't even an issue.

Seriously? YOu think it doesn't happen?

Dead And Still Voting | NBC Bay Area

Dead people voted and registered to vote, watchdog group finds; hundreds of deceased still on rolls ? MarylandReporter.com

At least eight people who died well before the November general election were credited with voting in King County, raising new questions about the integrity of the vote total in the narrow governor's race, a Seattle Post-Intelligencer review has found.

The evidence of votes from dead people is the latest example of flaws in an election already rocked by misplaced votes and allegations that there were thousands more votes counted than actual voters.

County officials say they are investigating the cases pointed out by the P-I
Dead voted in governor's race - seattlepi.com

The New York Times reported in its May 18 business section that Johns Hopkins University computer-science students crunching databases on deaths and voter registrations in Baltimore City had turned up “1,500 dead people listed as active registered voters. Fifty of those dead people somehow voted in the last election
Election Nights of the Living Dead: Do Deceased Baltimoreans Still Vote Among Us? | Baltimore City Paper

you might take note that these were found out, not by election officials, but by reporters.

Again, the problem of dead people voting can be solved by existing methods. You should be demanding the registrar properly maintain their voter registration lists, not demanding yet more layers of government bureaucracy.

When a person dies, they should be removed from voter registration.

The only reason a dead person can vote is because they have not been removed from the voter list. Not because of a lack of Voter ID. Remove them from the list, no dead can vote.

Problem solved.

WITHOUT Voter ID.

Our Founders did not have Voter ID. We have managed to exist for well over two centuries without it.

It's a shame to see people who want more government interference in the exercising of their rights. People like that are generally called liberals.

Why not just take up the easy way? South Africa has a great registry. Can you imagine that? A third world country demanding voter ID and yet the Democrats won't allow it in America?
Are you sure you are a right winger? I mean, let me get this straight. You are saying we should be more like other countries?

South Africa? Europe?

Do you hear yourself?

You did not think first.

It seems the other way around. Or, to the contrary - since you and the left did think and are quite scared that the falsifications would be much harder with voter ID, then you will oppose it even if it is dumb from the point of pure logic, because it is not convenient from the point of voter fraud.

As I said before - if one can prove he/she is eligible for a government handover ( and it can get much more burdensome than to prove you area citizen of this country and live where you live) one can get a voter ID.

And the requirements for those proofs of eligibility for government assistance change all the time - somehow nobody gets "pissed" or "offended" and everybody just complies :lol:

You were wrong before and you’re wrong now.

Public assistance is issued via a debit card, not ‘checks.’

And there is no Constitutional right to cash a check, there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

You did not think first.

You were wrong before and you’re wrong now.

Public assistance is issued via a debit card, not ‘checks.’

And there is no Constitutional right to cash a check, there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

Do you understand English?
To obtain public assistance ( it does not matter how is it issued) one has to provide TONS of paperwork and proofs to the public assistance office and that is repeated EVERY YEAR - somehow nobody gets offended or pissed and everybody complies.

Constitutional right to vote does not mean one should not prove he is eligible to do so.
Prove it - and you can exercise your Constitutional right.

g5000 said:
Our Founders did not have Voter ID. We have managed to exist for well over two centuries without it.

It's a shame to see people who want more government interference in the exercising of their rights. People like that are generally called liberals.
our Founders did not anticipate that millions of foreigners would infiltrate our country illegally...we have a real problem...

Voter ID using a driver's license is worthless....illegals get fake driver's licenses all the time...plus fake birth certificates, green cards, social security cards, you name it...they get these documents in order to get jobs and 'pay taxes'....

and why wouldn't they vote...? especially if they can get away with working with a fake license or SSN....why not vote for more dimwits who want their vote and will do anything to protect them...?

Identity theft is everywhere and rampant in the border states....fraud rings steal peoples' social security numbers etc. and sell them and there are multiple users on the same ssn....the government issues newborns a social security number (children don't work) which is ripped off by these thieves.....there are many ways they go about it and many people are hurt by identity theft...

what Dems are really scared of is Voter ID via a driver license turning into Voter ID using E-Verify and other more secure systems...this would invalidate a lot of illegals...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back