Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

Last I checked voter turnout was less than 60%. I don't think we need to do more to keep people from voting. As soon as turnout is over 100% I'll believe we need to do something.

Voting results were well above 100% in some gerrymandered Democratic districts.

Which ones? I'd like to see some proof of this.

I love the idea of dead people showing up to vote. Zombies can't vote last I checked.

And who exactly is going to show up and vote as the dead person? An illegal immigrant?-ummm, they aren't gonna risk getting caught to show up and cast a vote for President.

So please, this dead people voting thing is an excuse and not a reality.

Correct, this is an inane ‘argument.’

In fact, when a voter dies, he’s removed from the registration rolls, so even if someone attempts to vote in his name, the name will no longer be on the roll and no ballot will be issued.

How do Liberals honestly think that minorities are being oppressed by being asked to provide ID to vote?

How do Liberals honestly think that minorities are being oppressed by being asked to provide ID to vote?

With all the things that Congress should be doing right now and the very little proof there is any substantial amount of fraud, why are Republicans pushing this issue? Clearly they think it will keep some poor people from voting. Otherwise there really is no reason for them to push it.

Should non-US Citizens here in the United States be permitted to vote in US Elections? If the answer is No, are these same non-citizens being discriminated or oppressed by not being allowed to vote? (Hate to ask such a question but I honestly believe there are people who feel strongly about non-citizens being allowed to vote if they are here living in the US. The US Immigration and Voting Rules should mirror those of Mexico (how can that be a racist statement?)

Last I checked voter turnout was less than 60%. I don't think we need to do more to keep people from voting. As soon as turnout is over 100% I'll believe we need to do something.

Voting results were well above 100% in some gerrymandered Democratic districts.

Which ones? I'd like to see some proof of this.

Voter ID and 100+ Percent Turnout in Philly « Commentary Magazine
Voter fraud, illegal activities reported in several states - Atlanta Paulding County Republican | Examiner.com

They re not scared....moving on.

You really think this is over?
it has only just begun
In your lifetime you wil have to provide an ID to vote
the liberal agenda has went to far as it did in 2008 and the will of the people are soon going to send it packing

They asked me for ID last time I voted. They said I didn't have to give it, but that this year they were going to start asking for it. Idk, weird. So of course I gave it to them and said something to the effect of "I'm fine with it, I'm legal" with a silly grin.

I like pretending I'm one of the good'ol'boys with those folks then stepping behind the curtain and voting straight ticket Democrat. ;)

(my guess is that my district is 80%+ Republican. Joe Pitts country)

So you like it in the ass.....good for you....thanks for comming out

and you could have died and someone else shows up with your name knowing that and yet the poll worker has no idea and let's them vote under your name.

They check the signatures to make sure they are valid. And if I died, my name would be taken off the list.

you see, they don't check the signatures at the polls, themselves. And most, unless they have a question, don't check after the fact. And no, your name may not have been taken off the list -
County says state erred with lists of 'dead' voters - Houston Chronicle

The Harris County Attorney's office on Tuesday defended Tax Assessor-Collector Don Sumners' decision not to purge presumed-dead voters from the rolls until after the November election, and accused the secretary of state's office of not following the law in providing a list of 9,000 such voters to the county.

About 72,800 voters statewide have received or will receive letters telling them records suggest they may be dead and that they must act within 30 days to stay on the rolls. The list was generated by the secretary of state using the Social Security Administration's master death file, as outlined in a new state law.

No one's gonna show up and vote as me if I die. They'd have to keep my name on the rolls, then someone would have to show up in my district, at my polling place, and sign my name.

Nope, this isn't even an issue.

I'm generally asked for a photo ID or some other form of identification proving I am eligible to vote when I register to vote. Once I'm registered, my name will be on the list at the polling place and I have to sign my name next to it and I vote. Works pretty well and no complaints and no fraud. Quick and easy.

and you could have died and someone else shows up with your name knowing that and yet the poll worker has no idea and let's them vote under your name.

The easy answer to this 'problem' is to merge the voter register with the mortality records. When someone shows up to commit fraud let them sign the ledger, confiscate the ballot and hold it in secure box to maintain the chain of evidence. Let the evidence techs collect DNA from the ballot and if the impersonator is in the data base arrest he or she.

Last edited:
The problem with the world in general and the United States in particular is that everyone knows and parrots "RIGHTS" but nobody wants to talk about obligations and responsibilities.

No right is absolute, including the right to vote, and the state may place obligations and responsibilities upon the voter as a condition of voting provided such obligations and responsibilities have a rational basis, are predicated on documented facts and evidence, do not manifest an undue burden to exercising the right to vote, and do not adversely effect alone a particular class of persons.

Voter ‘ID’ as an obligation or responsibility fails in this regard.

Jimmy Carter won't monitor a foreign election without voter ID. Hell's bells he made a tribe produce voter ID here in the States.

All this is bullshit left wing crap. Even South Africa demands voter ID of their voters.

I'm generally asked for a photo ID or some other form of identification proving I am eligible to vote when I register to vote. Once I'm registered, my name will be on the list at the polling place and I have to sign my name next to it and I vote. Works pretty well and no complaints and no fraud. Quick and easy.

‘Could,’ ‘if,’ ‘maybe,’ ’might…’

Do you have any evidence this is occurring?

And if so what elections results have been altered as a consequence of such fraud?

If one has no evidence of this occurring, or the occurrence is so rare as to not effect the outcome of any election, then there is no rational, factual, objective justification to require a registered voter – with his registration still current and valid – to again prove his identity with specific documentation he may not have.

In order to restrict a fundamental right, the state must have proof, documented evidence, not speculation, feelings, guesses, or suspicions.

You really think this is over?
it has only just begun
In your lifetime you wil have to provide an ID to vote
the liberal agenda has went to far as it did in 2008 and the will of the people are soon going to send it packing

They asked me for ID last time I voted. They said I didn't have to give it, but that this year they were going to start asking for it. Idk, weird. So of course I gave it to them and said something to the effect of "I'm fine with it, I'm legal" with a silly grin.

I like pretending I'm one of the good'ol'boys with those folks then stepping behind the curtain and voting straight ticket Democrat. ;)

(my guess is that my district is 80%+ Republican. Joe Pitts country)

So you like it in the ass.....good for you....thanks for comming out

Is that the logical conclusion to my post? Interesting...:eusa_think:

The easy answer to this 'problem' is to merge the voter register with the mortality records. When someone shows up to commit fraud let them sign the ledger, confiscate the ballot and hold it in secure box to maintain the chain of evidence. Let the evidence techs collect DNA from the ballot and if the impersonator is in the data base arrest he or she.

Why not just take up the easy way? South Africa has a great registry. Can you imagine that? A third world country demanding voter ID and yet the Democrats won't allow it in America?

Why not?

coa.png
registering to vote

To be eligible to vote in the national, provincial or municipal elections including ward by-elections, you have to register in the voting district where you live. This is important for municipal elections since you can only vote in the voting district where you are registered.

Once you have registered and your details have been verified against the National Population Register, your name will be added to the National Common Voters’ Roll.

To qualify to register you must be:

a South African citizen
16 years or older and in possession of a South African identity document (ID), but you have to be 18 years old in order to vote.

The Voters’ Roll closes for an election on the day that the election date for that specific election is proclaimed in the Government Gazette.

Jimmy Carter won't monitor a foreign election without voter ID. Hell's bells he made a tribe produce voter ID here in the States.

All this is bullshit left wing crap. Even South Africa demands voter ID of their voters.

No, it’s fundamental Constitutional jurisprudence, as SA is not the United States, and it’s consequently ignorant to compare the two.

Whoopsies should have put up the oh so tough rules to vote in South Africa: If SA can pull this off why can't America?

What is the purpose of allowing people without ID to have the ability to vote?

What you should do

You must register at the voting station in the voting district where you live during general voter registration weekends
register any time during business hours at your local office of the Electoral Commission (IEC)
bring your ID or a valid temporary identity certificate (TIC)
complete the application form
the registration officer will attach a sticker in your ID with the voting district number on it
please check on the IEC website to see if your details appear in the voting district that you have applied for as a registered voter
you are responsible for checking your details on the voters roll before an election.

How long does it take

Your application to register will be processed immediately.

How much does it cost

The service is free.

Forms to complete

Forms are available at registration offices.

This question again, huh?

I am OK with having an ID card to vote as well. There should be a mobile voter ID service that sets up at schools and community centers to provide such an ID free of charge. The ID should be national.....and moves with the holder. This service should be available to all citizens with transportation credits provided.

Then, election day should become election week and include a Saturday, a Sunday and a national holiday. Voting hours should be at least 16 hours per day. These hours should be uniform throughout the nation for national elections.

Anyone without the proper ID should be permitted to submit a provisional ballot at the poll as long as they possess some form of picture ID and proof of residence.

There is more.....but you get the idea.

And...Templar Kormac......................are you scared?

Last edited:

No, it’s fundamental Constitutional jurisprudence, as SA is not the United States, and it’s consequently ignorant to compare the two.

Oh give me a break. Why didn't the Cherokees scream their ass off over constitutional rights when the Carter Institute demanded " One Cherokee, One Vote"?

How did the Carter institute pull it off then in AMERICA?

Forum List

Back