Why are there too many candidates running for President?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
I realize having options is a good thing but i feel the GOP lacks solidarity and direction as there are sooooo many candidates. Then on the other hand there are next to none on the democratic side. Is Hillary really that hard to beat or are the Dems collectively on the same page in terms of their constituents' issues?
Does this mean the GOP is divided on too many issues?
However this huge variety of candidates does not help American voters to elect wisely.

I realize having options is a good thing but i feel the GOP lacks solidarity and direction as there are sooooo many candidates. Then on the other hand there are next to none on the democratic side. Is Hillary really that hard to beat or are the Dems collectively on the same page in terms of their constituents' issues?
However this huge variety of candidates does not help American voters to elect wisely.

Variety gives choice -- at least in theory.

"Next to none" is kind of a bizarre statement. This isn't even an election year. Technically there should be no candidates at all.

I'm kinda mixed on this herd of presidential candidates. On one hand the Democratic Party has a harder time developing lies and sick minded plots to undermine them and on the other it would be kinda nice to settle on the leader of the herd..

Oh well, time will tell and after Obama and the Democratic Parties constant failures I pity the leader of the herd anyway. Suddenly Democrats will care about the economy, national debt, unemployment, quality of jobs available, Iran and middle-eastern countries having nukes .. oh, the list is so ponderous and their heads have been up Obama's butt for soooo long...:laugh:

You are combining two different questions: Are there too many candidates? and Why are they running? The answer to the first question is yes, particularly in a plurality situation. A better polling question might be to list your top three candidates in order of preference. The answer to the second question is that most of them crave the trappings of power (which should disqualify them). That is why I find Jeb Bush's humility to be a refreshing change. However, I don't know if the American people can give up their preference for carnival barkers.

I'm kinda mixed on this herd of presidential candidates. On one hand the Democratic Party has a harder time developing lies and sick minded plots to undermine them and on the other it would be kinda nice to settle on the leader of the herd..

Oh well, time will tell and after Obama and the Democratic Parties constant failures I pity the leader of the herd anyway. Suddenly Democrats will care about the economy, national debt, unemployment, quality of jobs available, Iran and middle-eastern countries having nukes .. oh, the list is so ponderous and their heads have been up Obama's butt for soooo long...:laugh:
All the democrats have to do is wait until the republican circular firing squad starts up. They should have plenty of ammo to use on the survivor.

Bush's humility is that he has already proven to be an idiot like his brother..

Bush wasn't a great President but after reading over this link he was in comparison to Obama and his dedicated butt lickers.

35 Shocking Statistics That Prove That Things Have Gotten Worse In America MrConservative.com Mr. Conservative is the top website for news political cartoons breaking news republican election news conservative facts and commentary on political elections

Yes, the problem is apparent --- you need better links.

All the democrats have to do is wait until the republican circular firing squad starts up. They should have plenty of ammo to use on the survivor.
It's interesting that the best Democrats can come up with is Hillary. A proven and true American traitor.

Bush wasn't a great President but after reading over this link he was in comparison to Obama and his dedicated butt lickers.

35 Shocking Statistics That Prove That Things Have Gotten Worse In America MrConservative.com Mr. Conservative is the top website for news political cartoons breaking news republican election news conservative facts and commentary on political elections

Lets just admit you show no signs of critical thought but you're great at one-sided excuses and whines..

It's interesting that the best Democrats can come up with is Hillary. A proven and true American traitor.
At least you know where she stands on the issues...

Well you seem to but then you're gullible and not overly bright.

I never did find out how the wife kept getting pregnant...

Lets just admit you show no signs of critical thought but you're great at one-sided excuses and whines..

Let's just condense that to...

Lets just admit .... you're great

:thup:

Thangyew. Thangyew vurra much.

I never did find out how the wife kept getting pregnant...

The well manicured yard at a very low cost should have given that away...

Let's just condense that to...

Lets just admit .... you're great

:thup:

Thangyew. Thangyew vurra much.

Well, at times you certainly are, no doubt about that... :wink_2:

(this is where Pogo fainted)

Last edited:

Yeah... foursquare with the repugs on invading Iraq, passing the Patriot Act, bad trade deals, etc.

There's probably a limit where having too many candidates becomes too confusing, but practically speaking we don't ever seem to hit to that limit, at least not in national elections.
There's also a point where no new candidate brings any unrepresented perspective or philosophy to the race. So you could argue that's the point where adding candidates stops being a good thing.

Forum List

Back