Why aren't we pulling this out of the ground?

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
There is talk about how much oil the United States has and that all this oil could fuel the United States for 2000 years,

2000 YEARS!!!

It's crazy that we are sitting on top of all this oil and yet we aren't pumping it out of the ground.

First, there's this article about how just in the Montana and North Dakota area, we are sitting on 3 billion to 4.3 billion barrels of oil.
USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

I'm still looking for the article about the oil that's in Colorado that I read a while ago but can't find it. If anyone out there could help me out with this article, it would be appreciated.

Because, in liberal la la land, this is our future...

Attachments

• $Windmill-broken-old.jpg
    $Windmill-broken-old.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 41
WHat question? Why the United States.....a nation that uses OIL at a pace that exceeds ALL OTHER NATIONS and supports the worlds largest OIL COMPANIES is not taking every last fucking drop of OIL from the ground?

Because that is a stupid fucking question. That's why. Nothing ( to date) has stopped OIL COMPANIES from doing whatever the fuck they want. Idiot.

WHat question? Why the United States.....a nation that uses OIL at a pace that exceeds ALL OTHER NATIONS and supports the worlds largest OIL COMPANIES is not taking every last fucking drop of OIL from the ground?

Because that is a stupid fucking question. That's why. Nothing ( to date) has stopped OIL COMPANIES from doing whatever the fuck they want. Idiot.

Your grasp of the subject matter is astounding...

:lol:

There is also lots of oil on the bottom of the ocean off the coast of Calif.
They refuse to drill.
They would rather have it seeping up from the sea floor and on to their beaches.
This could help their state get out of debt, but nooooo, they want their beautiful beaches without looking at oil rigs. Never mind that they would not be able to see them from shore line.
And they have the gall to call conservatives stupid.

This is funny.

There was another topic about this yesterday, and I warned that every couple of years for over a decade now, mass emails and stories go around about this investment scam.

Then things die down and you don't hear a peep. Then after a time, Bakken oil shale stories from shady investment sites pop up in the public consciousness again.

Guess I was right, seeing this has come up twice in two days, which can't be a coincidence. :lol:

The OP link is from 2008. Clearly the opening post was motivated by a different source. An investment scam source is my bet.

Last edited:

You are forgetting Gov. issued permits that stops oil companies from drilling. Idiot

There is talk about how much oil the United States has and that all this oil could fuel the United States for 2000 years,

2000 YEARS!!!

It's crazy that we are sitting on top of all this oil and yet we aren't pumping it out of the ground.

First, there's this article about how just in the Montana and North Dakota area, we are sitting on 3 billion to 4.3 billion barrels of oil.
USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

I'm still looking for the article about the oil that's in Colorado that I read a while ago but can't find it. If anyone out there could help me out with this article, it would be appreciated.

The Magic Neeeeeeegro favors fans, batteries and sun mirrors.

2000 YEARS!!!

short term gain? what about "the children" and "the future"????? :clap2:

2000 YEARS!!!

The Magic Neeeeeeegro favors fans, batteries and sun mirrors.

Excellent comment. Worthy of praise.

If you are one of those people who thinks we should be pulling the Bakken shale oil out of the ground, then by all means invest in one of those ventures these stories are being shilled for. Put your money where your trash talking, conspiracy theory mouth is.

Go ahead.

Such people who fall for that shit deserve to be lied to.

For the same reasons that people may be struggling with finding money for bills.......YET, they dont dip into their savings or retirement funds.

Apply "fiscally conservative" practices to this topic. Yes, oil is expensive right now, and we have a shitload right under us. We could dig it up and indulge in it. But...what about years from now? What about when everyone else is out, but we still have a huge amount left?

We're getting by now without having to. Why do it? Save it as a last resort.

Thats fiscally conservative....right?

For the same reasons that people may be struggling with finding money for bills.......YET, they dont dip into their savings or retirement funds.

Apply "fiscally conservative" practices to this topic. Yes, oil is expensive right now, and we have a shitload right under us. We could dig it up and indulge in it. But...what about years from now? What about when everyone else is out, but we still have a huge amount left?

Link showing we aren't exploiting domestic production because we are saving it for a rainy day ?

Everyone one else will not run out of oil.
We have enough oil to last for 50 to 100 years from all over the World.
What most want to do is use it now.
Invest in technology for a cheaper alternative.
The technology is not here yet but it is getting there.
We should find something within 15 to twenty years. Maybe even sooner.
Even the oil companies are looking into it, they realize that oil will not be here forever.

2000 YEARS!!!

Are you crazy, or just ill informed? We're pulling it out of the ground as fast as we can! The oil boom going on in this country is almost unprecedented. We're floating in crude oil and natural gas and more producing wells are coming on-line every day, from North Dakota to Texas to Pennsylvania to California.

We are right now a net exporter of petroleum products and, if things go as planned, we'll be outproducing Saudi Arabia in less than a decade, becoming once again the biggest producer of petroleum on the planet.

This is funny.

There was another topic about this yesterday, and I warned that every couple of years for over a decade now, mass emails and stories go around about this investment scam.

Then things die down and you don't hear a peep. Then after a time, Bakken oil shale stories from shady investment sites pop up in the public consciousness again.

Guess I was right, seeing this has come up twice in two days, which can't be a coincidence. :lol:

The OP link is from 2008. Clearly the opening post was motivated by a different source. An investment scam source is my bet.

You may have debunked some internet scam but that doesn't change the fact that oil is being extracted from shale in the bakken and cline formation. I'm right in the middle of the production, engineering, and geology.

North Dakota crude oil production continues to rise - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Everyone one else will not run out of oil.
We have enough oil to last for 50 to 100 years from all over the World.
What most want to do is use it now.
Invest in technology for a cheaper alternative.
The technology is not here yet but it is getting there.
We should find something within 15 to twenty years. Maybe even sooner.
Even the oil companies are looking into it, they realize that oil will not be here forever.

By 2020, the US will overtake the Saudi oil fields two fold.

Currently, there are approximately 30 operators in the Eagle Ford and less than 1 percent of condensates, natural gas, oil have been extracted.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back